Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Y'know What? I'm Getting REALLY Hacked Off!

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2009, 05:22 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Y'know What? I'm Getting REALLY Hacked Off!

With people who don't say 'thank you' when you pull in to let them pass on a narrow road where cars are parked.

It's happening to me all the time lately. I turn in to the road before mine and there are cars parked on my side, so I'll wait and let the people coming up the road go first. The amount of ***** who can't even be bothered to give a wave of thanks is getting my goat!

Is it really too much effort?

Rant over.
Old 20 August 2009, 05:36 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your just mad because non of them were wearing wolly jumpers.
Old 20 August 2009, 05:37 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
your just mad because non of them were wearing wolly jumpers.

Did you mean 'woolly'?

Old 20 August 2009, 05:44 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

It really gets my back up too

Usually older men/woman i find
Old 20 August 2009, 06:05 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oldsplice
Did you mean 'woolly'?

I did it on purpose to see if your mind could still be focused during your hacking off moment.Well that's just typical of a Woman to notice the smaller things.Ok enough of the excuses ill give you that one
Old 20 August 2009, 08:50 PM
Zod.
BANNED

With people who don't say 'thank you' when you pull in to let them pass on a narrow road where cars are parked.

It's happening to me all the time lately. I turn in to the road before mine and there are cars parked on my side, so I'll wait and let the people coming up the road go first. The amount of ***** who can't even be bothered to give a wave of thanks is getting my goat!

Is it really too much effort?

Rant over.
Agreed +1

Really gets on my **** too! Very rarely do I let anyone out now. **** 'em
Old 20 August 2009, 08:58 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

As soon as you realise they are not gonna say thanks then simply give them the middle finger

Trending Topics

Old 20 August 2009, 08:58 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

yeah gets on my **** as well, usually I have the window open and always voice my opinion by shouting "your welcome" and I know they hear me cos I'M RATHER LOUD
Old 20 August 2009, 09:01 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mykp
yeah gets on my **** as well, usually I have the window open and always voice my opinion by shouting "your welcome" and I know they hear me cos I'M RATHER LOUD
That's exactly what I do! Or tell them they're a ****-sucking-son-of-a-donkey-raping-****-eater, if I've had a really bad day
Old 20 August 2009, 09:05 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by DYK
I did it on purpose to see if your mind could still be focused during your hacking off moment.Well that's just typical of a Woman to notice the smaller things.Ok enough of the excuses I'll give you that one

dunx
Old 20 August 2009, 09:10 PM
bugeye69r
Scooby Newbie

Default ME TOO

but if u ain got a scooby U AINT CUMIN THROUGH he he he
Old 20 August 2009, 09:30 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

i just shout **** at them as they go past my window , they either drive on or stop untill i start to open my door then they drive off lol .

or just have a stash of conkers or marbles in your center console to launch through their window on their un grateful drive past your car
Old 20 August 2009, 10:12 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

It's happening to me all the time lately. I turn in to the road before mine and there are cars parked on my side, so I'll wait and let the people coming up the road go first.
Why do you deserve thanks for observing the highway code? What next a round of applause for stopping at a red light?
Old 21 August 2009, 01:55 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

It's not this stuff that annoys me - I'm happy to let people go if it means they wont scratch my car.

It's the people who don't pull over/pull over next to bollards/don't clear junctions/overtake cars pulling over when I'm out on an emergency call with the lights on and the sirens blaring. How do you not notice a bleddy Focus estate, with battenburg livery, flashing headlights, flashing roof mounted lights and changing siren tones to alert road users???

Still, the worst offender is a bloke named Ken who is in a wheelchair. That ****** wheeled himself infront of us two weeks ago as we were responding to an emergency call. I don't think he was bothered at all. We both were very close to requiring new underwear!
Old 21 August 2009, 10:16 AM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

I dont get why you need to wave at people for this.

If the cars are at your side of the road, then you have to wait for the traffic on the other side to come through, as they have right of way.

If however they wait for you when the cars are at your side, they deserve a wave for letting you through.

Same with more narrow streets where timid drivers wait for you to come through, even when there is space for 2 cars to pass each other. There was room to pass, so why wave at them?
Old 21 August 2009, 10:20 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Did you mean 'woolly'?

But your instead of you're was ok??

And non instead of none was ok??
Old 21 August 2009, 10:27 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

you tell 'em........er Tel
Old 21 August 2009, 10:29 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Nobody listens Nobody cares
Old 21 August 2009, 10:31 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Nobody listens Nobody cares
Spot on!

Old 21 August 2009, 10:32 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I'm sorry to say that you do not have right of way, so why should people thank you? I think there are a lot more worthy things to get worked up about, do you need someone to check your blood pressure?
Old 21 August 2009, 10:35 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
I'm sorry to say that you do not have right of way, so why should people thank you? I think there are a lot more worthy things to get worked up about, do you need someone to check your blood pressure?

Not sure i agree. A little courtesy goes a long way, in my opinion.
Old 21 August 2009, 10:41 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Not sure i agree. A little courtesy goes a long way, in my opinion.
I'm not saying I agree with not saying thanks, just that the person coming the other way is well within their rights not to say thanks, it's their right of way.

I've had someone blow up and do the middle finger thing at me, I just look at them like they've gone mad. I do generally lift 2 or three fingers off the steering wheel when it's my right of way, and do the full thanks, raise my hand and nod my head thing when they've let me through when it is not my right of way and usually get the same courtesy back.
Old 21 August 2009, 10:45 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Technically you're absolutely correct of course, Clare, but if it's obvious to an oncoming driver that you've deliberately not impeded them when you could have done, a quick thank you isn't too much to ask, surely?
Old 21 August 2009, 10:54 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

No Telboy it isn't, which is why I do do it.

To get wound up about it to the degree of ranting and raving to yourself, is a little weird!
Old 21 August 2009, 10:56 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

i agree with rossyboy.

life's too short to get worked up by this stuff.
Old 21 August 2009, 02:32 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Reffro
Why do you deserve thanks for observing the highway code? What next a round of applause for stopping at a red light?
Have you never heard of good manners and thanking people when they do something for you, however small?

Taking just that little bit of trouble, it is only a matter of moving a muscle or two in your hand, tends to make people prepared to do the same again because of that little bit of appreciation. It actually leads to a more general feeling of friendliness which is no bad thing.

Thats why parents always used to teach their children to say thank you when someone gave them something. Has that actually gone out of fashion these days, is there no time left any more for that now?

Les
Old 21 August 2009, 02:38 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Have you never heard of good manners and thanking people when they do something for you, however small?

Taking just that little bit of trouble, it is only a matter of moving a muscle or two in your hand, tends to make people prepared to do the same again because of that little bit of appreciation. It actually leads to a more general feeling of friendliness which is no bad thing.

Thats why parents always used to teach their children to say thank you when someone gave them something. Has that actually gone out of fashion these days, is there no time left any more for that now?

Les
Of course it has. It's all about "My Space", "My Store MYER (AUS)", my this and my that and I guess my road, I paid my road tax after all.

It's the result of the consumerist, selfcentered society. I drive a BMW, you drive a Hyundia, YOU give way to me. Or I wear more "bling" than you, so I am more important, give way.
Old 21 August 2009, 02:53 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie

Les
Precisely.
Old 21 August 2009, 03:40 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

So, do the people who wave also wave where signs clearly state that you have right of way, e.g. narrow bridges or traffic calming measures?
Old 21 August 2009, 03:44 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossyboy
So, do the people who wave also wave where signs clearly state that you have right of way, e.g. narrow bridges or traffic calming measures?
Yes. For example, there's a chicane type bit of road near me that most of the locals to wave to each other at if they've been let through, as some can be complete idiots coming through there so it's nice when people do actually follow the highway code and give way. Hence the wave.
What's the problem with having some manners and generally making the place a little more pleasant? Costs nothing.

Quick Reply: Y'know What? I'm Getting REALLY Hacked Off!