Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay, Paypal, & Parcelfarce.

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2009, 10:19 AM
scunnered
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Ebay, Paypal, & Parcelfarce.

Okay, I know there has been many topics with the same subject, but I just needed to vent my anger by writing it down.

Recently, I sold an item for a few hundred pounds. The buyer had contacted me by email about selling privately. We lived 400 miles apart, so I thought posting to be the cheapest option. For financial protection, he would then only buy on Ebay using Paypal. So I listed it on Ebay.
So firstly, there is the insertion fee of £3. Next comes the final value fee of nearly £50. Then there was the paypal fee of £29.10. I had offered the buyer free shipping (big mistake). To insure the package for the full value it cost me £48.95.
To make matters worse, Paypal refuse to let me have my money by putting the transaction on hold until I provided tracking info. I did this last Friday, and they still won't let me have my money, I now have to wait until the buyer receives the goods and is happy with it. I see this as just a ploy by Paypal to hold on to people's money for as long as possible to get the interest payments. Its bordering on fraud in my opinion.

Paying the petrol costs and meeting the buyer halfway, doesn't sound to bad now after all.
Old 17 August 2009, 10:57 AM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres a limit i wont go over using paypal, buying or selling. If i cant afford to lose it, then i wont use paypal. Its a **** system which is full of loopholes and get out clauses, non of which im 100% on, so best bet is to buy/sell local or deliver/collect and use cash.

Its great for cheap ebay purchases, but thats about it.