Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

GOOGLE to look after our NHS Records!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2009, 09:01 AM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down GOOGLE to look after our NHS Records!!

New plan by the Tories to give GOOGLE our NHS Records!!

WHY?

Well, a big player in the Tory Party is married to the Vice President of GOOGLE!!

What a surprise, Tories lining up contracts for the boyz!!

Nothing changes - use you vote wisely! You have been warned!
Old 11 August 2009, 09:17 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

There is the off chance that they may make a decent job of it though

So far the NHS and IT don't have a particularly good record. Out sourcing it to a company that handles many Terra-bytes of data on daily basis may provide them with a fighting chance of getting out of the complete mess it's in at the moment
Old 11 August 2009, 09:24 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pete, if you're going to start slinging mud then please look at the history between Andersen Consulting, the Labour party and the award of public sector contracts.

We are not just talking about many billions of pounds but also senior Andersen partners given unaccountable ministerial jobs with gold-plated public sector pensions and salaries that will make even you wince.

Oh, and NHS Spine to give it its correct name is a poison chalice. Every prime contractor involved with it has been burned, I can't see why Google will be any different.

Last edited by SJ_Skyline; 11 August 2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11 August 2009, 09:25 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Well everyone googles their symptoms anyway so what is the difference
Old 11 August 2009, 09:25 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Google handles most of the medical records in the US and is doing quite a good job of it from what I can see.

Certainly better than handing over lots of cash to a management consultancy company and let them mess it up again.

Steve
Old 11 August 2009, 09:27 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

I would be stunned if any senior Accenture partner would really give a stuff about any salary HM Gov could offer.

Influence yes, money, you are having a laugh!

Put it this way, Accenture would happily place those partners for free.
Old 11 August 2009, 09:43 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

What a suprise, Pete posts something.... the replies go against him and so he disappears and doesn't back up his initial rubbish
Old 11 August 2009, 10:15 AM
scooblube
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Pete, if you're going to start slinging mud then please look at the history between Andersen Consulting, the Labour party and the award of public sector contracts.

We are not just talking about many billions of pounds but also senior Andersen partners given unaccountable ministerial jobs with gold-plated public sector pensions and salaries that will make even you wince.

Oh, and NHS Spine to give it its correct name is a poison chalice. Every prime contractor involved with it has been burned, I can't see why Google will be any different.
Google only allows you see your records and nothing else as far as I know. We are doing fine providing a working system to the NHS.

Accenture pulled out because it lost £££'s due to poor contacts, massive wage bills to contractors etc - some of the DBA's were on 500 quid a day so god knows what the big earners were getting. They never got paid until the instance/app was built, and signed off by CFH. I don't think they ever signed anything off, thats why Accenture pulled out.
Old 11 August 2009, 10:28 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by scooblube
Google only allows you see your records and nothing else as far as I know. We are doing fine providing a working system to the NHS.

Accenture pulled out because it lost £££'s due to poor contacts, massive wage bills to contractors etc - some of the DBA's were on 500 quid a day so god knows what the big earners were getting. They never got paid until the instance/app was built, and signed off by CFH. I don't think they ever signed anything off, thats why Accenture pulled out.

Manage thy customer lest he manage thee first

Good luck, if you can make the contract work to your advantage and not get burned then all power to you.
Old 11 August 2009, 10:36 AM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp

WHY?

Well, a big player in the Tory Party is married to the Vice President of GOOGLE!!

Give it a fcukin rest, you dont like the tories, we get it.

But ffs stop posting ****e everyday, havent you got anything better to do?

Your one of the reasons i dont come to this site much anymore, same **** different day!
Old 11 August 2009, 10:55 AM
scooblube
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Manage thy customer lest he manage thee first

Good luck, if you can make the contract work to your advantage and not get burned then all power to you.
Very true, accenture was more of a consulting based company, very good to work for though.

CSC who now have the largest slice of the NHS IT progam are more services based, and have huge out sourcing contracts with BMW, Royal Mail, Landrover BAE etc and seem to be managing Ok so far.

I've working on the project for the last 5 years and still can't get my head round what a massive piece of IT engineering it is.

Last edited by scooblube; 11 August 2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11 August 2009, 11:00 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
Your one of the reasons i dont come to this site much anymore, same **** different day!
Do you seriously let one poster get to you so much that it influences whether you visit this board? If so I suggest you get a grip. It's just a forum on the Internet for goodness sake, just ignore what you don't like and get on with it.

Oh and it 's you're not your
Old 11 August 2009, 11:02 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

lol yet another PSL being bored day eh.

Internet fireworks again huh. Light fuse and run

Next.................
Old 11 August 2009, 11:39 AM
Jamz_
Scooby Regular

Think Google will probably make a good job of it n'all
Old 11 August 2009, 11:40 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooblube
massive wage bills to contractors etc - some of the DBA's were on 500 quid a day so god knows what the big earners were getting
Accenture would regard £500 a day for a decent DBA as a bargain. A decent DBA sub-contract rate at Accenture (in fact anywhere) would be four figures, internal staff would be on decent six-figure salaries.

Junior partner £280k plus £100k bonus plus stock; Senior Partner sky's the limit, certainly seven figure package.

Mind you, Deloitte partners earn far more, far faster than Accenture partners. It ain't what it used to be now it is a limited company.

Accenture have probably pulled out due to this latter fact rather than anything else. Being a limited company requires profit and revenue growth every quarter and the financial engineering of the NHS contract would be very difficult for a relatively small quoted company like Accenture. EDS, CSC and IBM are the real contenders here.
Old 11 August 2009, 11:50 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Yeah and we all know what DBA stands for dont we..... DOES BUGGER ALL.....

Old 11 August 2009, 11:58 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

WHY?

You are trying too hard I'm afraid.

That post just won't wash!

Les
Old 11 August 2009, 12:05 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Is Pete SN's own Alastiar Campbell
Old 11 August 2009, 12:07 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

WHY?

You're right...

Can't re-vote in Labour, and can't vote Conservative.

BNP it is then. I'm gonna make some posters up on photoshop and go campaigning. Thanks for the advice
Old 11 August 2009, 01:02 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

You don't understand. 'Pete' being scoobynet royalty is allowed to troll all he likes. Different set of rules for him to the rest of us.

Who cares if it puts people off visiting - pete is 'king'
Old 11 August 2009, 01:45 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

So, all those who slag off Labour everyday also need to give it a rest, I guess that's what you're saying?

Erm, yes I have other things to do - but, that's none of your business is it?

And what I post (to me anyway) isn't ****e - it is how I feel and I am expressing my opinion.

It is actually, YOU'RE .... but - apart from that, I should be very concerned if a single poster can dictate your use of the internet .... maybe you have issues? - just a thought?

Post a comment if you wish - but, please, keep the personal attacks in your mind?
Old 11 August 2009, 02:05 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

So, all those who slag off Labour everyday also need to give it a rest, I guess that's what you're saying?

Erm, yes I have other things to do - but, that's none of your business is it?

And what I post (to me anyway) isn't ****e - it is how I feel and I am expressing my opinion.

It is actually, YOU'RE .... but - apart from that, I should be very concerned if a single poster can dictate your use of the internet .... maybe you have issues? - just a thought?

Post a comment if you wish - but, please, keep the personal attacks in your mind?
Pete,

never mind the old "hard done by routine"

How about subsantiating your claims?

(with something other than the most recent news speculation)

if you can't do that, we are entitled to suggets you are just posting ****e
Old 11 August 2009, 02:44 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Not really no.
Labour are the party in power at this time. They are the ones in charge and have been for years, therefore can be held to account.

Tories are waiting for their chance, and stating their manifesto, and just like all the other parties, its probably 50% tripe.
However speculating and making random comments on a party who currently have no power, is NOT the same as complaining about the state of the country and the current people in charge.

hth
Old 11 August 2009, 02:55 PM
New_scooby_04

WHY?

Peoples' medical records on Google.....interesting!

Looks up Pete:.......Ooooooh nasty!

Here you go, Pete, this one is on me!

I got it whilst looking for this

for a *ahem* infection I picked up whilst in Thailand......bloody Ladyboys aint as clean as they used to be.......apparently!
Old 11 August 2009, 05:38 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Now, Now, you are supposed to be independant!!

Then again, you are suggesting you are a gayboy - so, I guess all is well

If your middle name was Harry you would be known as NHS 04 .... note that the 04 is 5 years out of date and would give you a dicky tummy as well as a dicky dick
Old 11 August 2009, 05:56 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Then again, you are suggesting you are a gayboy - so, I guess all is well

If your middle name was Harry you would be known as NHS 04 .... note that the 04 is 5 years out of date and would give you a dicky tummy as well as a dicky dick
Q.E.D.

ps - if you are going to be critical of other posters' grammar, at least get your spelling in order

Last edited by Devildog; 11 August 2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11 August 2009, 06:38 PM
New_scooby_04

Well, I've been called some things beginning with 'I' in my time, but you sir have just stepped over the mark!!!!!
Old 11 August 2009, 09:41 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Old 12 August 2009, 11:31 AM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Do you seriously let one poster get to you so much that it influences whether you visit this board? If so I suggest you get a grip. It's just a forum on the Internet for goodness sake, just ignore what you don't like and get on with it.

Oh and it 's you're not your
I take your point, it IS only an internet forum!

I (used) to come on here to chill out a bit when things get a bit mad at work or whatever because there was usually a funny or at least informative thread or two to take my mind off whatevers bothering me.

Lately it seems like its either police, timepiece, muslim or petes anti tory threads, and it feels like ****ing groundhog day!

Remember the mole thread, we need stuff like that back to cheer us up on a sh1te day like today, sadly most of the "characters" that used to make me smile have long gone. Moses was funny as ****, and the BOTW threads are sorely missed as well, they had become a regular round the office!

NSR used to be my favourite place but now its just full of watch threads (and petes usual bollocks), its a shadow of its former self!

And give a **** about grammar or spelling, im not writing my performance evaluation, i dont write like a chav or in text speak but leave out the grammar ****'s at home please!
Old 12 August 2009, 12:14 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

I take your point, it IS only an internet forum!

I (used) to come on here to chill out a bit when things get a bit mad at work or whatever because there was usually a funny or at least informative thread or two to take my mind off whatevers bothering me.

Lately it seems like its either police, timepiece, muslim or petes anti tory threads, and it feels like ****ing groundhog day!

Remember the mole thread, we need stuff like that back to cheer us up on a sh1te day like today, sadly most of the "characters" that used to make me smile have long gone. Moses was funny as ****, and the BOTW threads are sorely missed as well, they had become a regular round the office!

NSR used to be my favourite place but now its just full of watch threads (and petes usual bollocks), its a shadow of its former self!

And give a **** about grammar or spelling, im not writing my performance evaluation, i dont write like a chav or in text speak but leave out the grammar ****'s at home please!
Well I think you have nailed it really. The problem is not really so much Pete's threads as the absence of the other sort of threads you mention like the Moles thread or my favourite by Capacious Nadgers

Pete's threads were still here back then, but were sort of lost in amongst the other fun stuff.

As for the grammar I was just being cheeky, no offence meant.

Quick Reply: GOOGLE to look after our NHS Records!!