Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Whos got tattoos?

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2009, 02:47 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whos got tattoos?

A reflection of modern life or art work of the pikey?

Mrs Winner and I both have a fair share of tatts but as I get older a part of me wishes I didnt. I want to be one of the few un tattoo'd people sometimes, Other times I smile because my arm looks awesome!

What do you think? are we all going to be covered in another 10 years?

Last edited by Timwinner; 28 July 2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 28 July 2009, 02:51 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

lol interesting view.
I think while its a personal choice, some choose to do it for social reasons, which can cause regret later on.
Others think it through, choose carefully, and should not regret their choices later in life.

There are 2 catagories, drunk/random/just fancies one tattoos, and then there are I know why I want this and what it represents.

I dont regret any of mine, and continue to have work done. At the end of the day, when I start to shrink and wrinkle, my semi naked body is hardly going to be spoilt by some ink on it.

PS none of mine are visible even in shorts and a t-shirt. I chose to do it that way, and even the future work will be covered up easily. They are for me, but I dont mind people seeing them when on holiday on beaches etc, where everyone appreciates everyone elses ink. Wet'n'Wild was like a tattoo convention !

Last edited by Snazy; 28 July 2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 28 July 2009, 02:54 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me. Have a few. Getting another in not too distant future (just finalising design), then having the one on my right arm extended to a half sleeve (working on design)

No regrets, would do it all again. Its my body, no one elses. If someone thinks ill of me for it, that's their problem, not mine.

Never stood in the way of my (professional) career, either.

An old Scoobynet troll will probably be along in a while with all sorts of bollocks. Hopefully the moderation team will deal with that appropriately. Probably see a few posts from people without tattoos whining on about "why would you do that/chav/fad/regret when older" and other assorted pish too
Old 28 July 2009, 02:55 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I have 6. got them all done between the ages of 16 and 19 (I'm 25 today so the oldest is 9 years).

They still look fresh as I haven't sagged yet, and each one was thought out in detail before i had it done. Infact not one is an "dat 1 der on da board mister" tattoo, all have either been a fresh design by myself or had tinkering on the original piece.

Do I regret them, no I don't. Will I have more?... maybe but for the time being I'm happy with 6 pieces, only one of which is visable when wearing a t-shirt and trousers (under forearm).
Old 28 July 2009, 02:59 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Blimey, we have got 3 sensible replies in before the chav pikey loser poser comments have started.... How many more before it gets trolled lol.

Like Andy most of my pieces are originals, last 2 being very original. First 2 were "off the wall" designs, but im still happy with my choices, and people still like the first one I had 14 years ago
Old 28 July 2009, 03:03 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Blimey, we have got 3 sensible replies in before the chav pikey loser poser comments have started.... How many more before it gets trolled lol.

Like Andy most of my pieces are originals, last 2 being very original. First 2 were "off the wall" designs, but im still happy with my choices, and people still like the first one I had 14 years ago
To be honest, I couldn't give a flying **** what some ignorant ****** on here thinks of my pieces. Tis the interent and I finally clicked on that thats all it is, someones opinion that doesn't really matter
Old 28 July 2009, 03:12 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
To be honest, I couldn't give a flying **** what some ignorant ****** on here thinks of my pieces. Tis the interent and I finally clicked on that thats all it is, someones opinion that doesn't really matter
lol im with you 100% mate, dont get me wrong.
Just so used to the regulars popping up to tell you about your tramp stamp and how it makes you look in the eyes of the mighty amongst us

Thought I would get my digs in first for once before the abuse and lectures begin.
Old 28 July 2009, 03:20 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I have a few but non of them involves a foot being back-to-front
Old 28 July 2009, 03:25 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
I have a few but non of them involves a foot being back-to-front
You clearly dont understand artistic impression then do you
Wait til its finished, its like a Rolf Harris piece at the mo.... can you see what it is yet?

Anyway its not back to front, its just a wee bit broken..... like me
Old 28 July 2009, 03:27 PM
CupraDave
Scooby Regular

Me too, I have one.

Well 2 actually but they are meant to be one pice. It took me 3 and a half years to figure out what I wanted. I knew what it was going to mean to me and remind me of so I took my time over the design.

I look at it now and I think I want to add to it simply to enhance the design but not sure which way to go with it, as I say it is one piece done in 2 stages and in 2 similar designs but I want to add to it to tie them together better as to some it does look like 2 seperate pieces.

My brother however is one of those "I want one of those" kinda people although to be fair to him he does choose carefully but has never come up with his own ideas for them and none of them really mean anything they are just tats.
Old 28 July 2009, 03:29 PM
WhatswiththeR
Scooby Regular

i've been debating for about 5 years wether to get a tattoo or not, and the other month i went along to see my sisters' fiancee getting a coy carp on his leg. seeing the guys work i decided to get one, i'm booked in one the 2nd of december i'm only having a small one on my arm first to see if i can take the pain, then if its not too bad i'll get one on my leg of a design i've been working for about 5 years (the same amount of time i was debating to get it done or not) i'm 24 btw, if that helps lol
Old 28 July 2009, 03:33 PM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

Nope, not me. Nor come to think of it have any of my friends or family.

Each to their own I suppose.
Old 28 July 2009, 03:34 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

The sheer fact that you are actually thinking long and hard about it is a good sign mate. Rather than rushing in.
Silly question, but do you actually want the one on your arm, or is it just a way to see if you can take the "pain"
The sensation on the arm and leg are very different by the way. And will differ more depending on what part of the arm and leg you go for.

Make sure the design is what YOU want, not what is available. Do research, get the right image, and get an artist to customise it so its right, not alright.

Dave, sounds like me mate. The bigger pieces I have are very signifigant to me, and I can expand on them. When I get my final big piece done it will act as something I can add to from now on, without it getting silly.
Old 28 July 2009, 03:46 PM
WhatswiththeR
Scooby Regular

yea i do the one on the arm is a transformers symbol, reason i want this done is not only am i a fan, but when i was about 8 or 9 on my sisters' birthday i was getting a bit jealous and felt abit left out (if that makes sense) so my late nan took me round to woolworths and bought me a bumble transformer toy to keep me happy. so when i think of transformers i sort of associated it with my late nan. i'm getting on the top of my arm and i'm getting a half autobot half decepticon symbol as i like transformers in both so staying neutral. i was going to ask bio to do a p'shop for me but not got round to it yet. the 2nd tattoo i want done is a samurai on horseback with victory through harmony on his staff.
Old 28 July 2009, 03:55 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Timwinner
A reflection of modern life or art work of the pikey?

My Winner and I both have a fair share of tatts but as I get older a part of me wishes I didnt. I want to be one of the few un tattoo'd people sometimes, Other times I smile because my arm looks awesome!

What do you think? are we all going to be covered in another 10 years?
Art work of the pikey

Case closed, no further discussion needed.
Old 28 July 2009, 03:58 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Bloody tramp stamps

Old 28 July 2009, 04:00 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Not had one done but I can appreciate a good Tatoo, I always fancied one but I suppose I was swayed by people saying "what will it look like when you get older". Anyway live and let live IMO
Old 28 July 2009, 04:07 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

To be honest, I couldn't give a flying **** what some ignorant ****** on here thinks of my pieces.
So your saying if someone on here doesnt like your tattos then theyre an ignorant ******.

Well I personally do not like them and would not have one done but that doesnt in any way make me ignorant nor as you say a ******.

In fact you have just summed up your mentality by making that statement. No wonder you have got tatoos

Chip

Last edited by Chip; 28 July 2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 28 July 2009, 04:13 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
So your saying if someone on here doesnt like your tattos then theyre an ignorant ******.

Well I personally do not like them and would not have one done but that doesnt in any way make me ignorant nor as you say a ******.

In fact you have just summed up your mentality by making that statement. No wonder you have got tatoos

Chip
I was naturally referring to those who tar tattooed folk with the same brush, a bit like you tried to do with me in your last statement

The 'ignorant ******' statement was a label to those who cannot live and let live with folk who have body art, and have to dig and insult by means of communication.

Apologies if my original statement didn't portray that very well.
Old 28 July 2009, 04:14 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Old 28 July 2009, 04:16 PM
WhatswiththeR
Scooby Regular

what have people actually got tattoo's of? i wouldn't mind seeing some pictures.
Old 28 July 2009, 04:18 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I was naturally referring to those who tar tattooed folk with the same brush, a bit like you tried to do with me in your last statement

The 'ignorant ******' statement was a label to those who cannot live and let live with folk who have body art, and have to dig and insult by means of communication.

Apologies if my original statement didn't portray that very well.

yeah, you ignorant ******

Though to be fair the only tattooes should be these ones

Old 28 July 2009, 04:25 PM
Lady-Turbo-Wrx
Scooby Regular

Default Its a matter of taste

I myself have 5 Tattoo's 1 on eack boob,1 on my neck 2 on my lower back i dont regret having them,but i will have another one soon on my thigh..
Its a matter of taste my Husband has a quite a few,and they look pretty neat.x
Old 28 July 2009, 04:33 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

My wifes got 3 and I think she is planning some more. I don't mind them to be honest.

Shes a hairdresser and it seems cool in those circles if you have tattoos. As I work in an IFA practice being covered in tattoos wouldn't be appropriate. I would like one and I have an idea of what I want but I don't trust anyone to do exactly what I want and it end up a big mess - its quite complicated and I want it "Just so" or not at all.
Old 28 July 2009, 04:36 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LondonTownie
yea i do the one on the arm is a transformers symbol, reason i want this done is not only am i a fan, but when i was about 8 or 9 on my sisters' birthday i was getting a bit jealous and felt abit left out (if that makes sense) so my late nan took me round to woolworths and bought me a bumble transformer toy to keep me happy. so when i think of transformers i sort of associated it with my late nan. i'm getting on the top of my arm and i'm getting a half autobot half decepticon symbol as i like transformers in both so staying neutral. i was going to ask bio to do a p'shop for me but not got round to it yet. the 2nd tattoo i want done is a samurai on horseback with victory through harmony on his staff.
have you google'd transformers tattoo's there are some really good ones i looked a couple of months ago just to see if anyone had some.
for now just keeping my portraits of my 2 daughters the day they were born ,that is special to me and hopefully no one else will have their faces on their arm
Old 28 July 2009, 04:40 PM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

bit like sticking crap all over yr car, some people do and some people don't.

personally can't see the point of them, but each to their own.

I just never understand people having endless japanese, celtic, tribal artwork all over themselves, when clearly they've probably never left the end of their street.

bit like the post above, about thinking of getting a Koi carp done ...... why oh why is that the best graphic of all things to choose.

at least have some meaning perhaps.

I enjoy the summer weather- its a great chance to observe some fantastic tat's !!!!

anyway I'm sure this'll stoke the debate further.......................
Old 28 July 2009, 04:43 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Tat's, tatoos, tattoo's, tattooes. FFS

It's one tattoo, two or more tattoos. Trust me.
Old 28 July 2009, 04:51 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Half sleeve at the moment, full sleeve in time.
Tattoos are a very personal thing that have an effect like Marmite.

I personally do not like the comical or gimmicky tats, I prefer a tat to have a meaning.

Last edited by +Doc+; 28 July 2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: edit to keep Telboy happy
Old 28 July 2009, 04:53 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

And it did
Old 28 July 2009, 05:14 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

what have people actually got tattoo's of? i wouldn't mind seeing some pictures.
Loads of threads with LOADS of pics on them already mate, hit search

Good stuff mate, sentimental is the name of the game. Same here

Originally Posted by austinwrx
bit like sticking crap all over yr car, some people do and some people don't.

personally can't see the point of them, but each to their own.

I just never understand people having endless japanese, celtic, tribal artwork all over themselves, when clearly they've probably never left the end of their street.

bit like the post above, about thinking of getting a Koi carp done ...... why oh why is that the best graphic of all things to choose.

at least have some meaning perhaps.

I enjoy the summer weather- its a great chance to observe some fantastic tat's !!!!

anyway I'm sure this'll stoke the debate further.......................
lol fair points, but a little misguided maybe
Whats wrong with Koi tattoo's eh eh eh

Just kiddin, like you say, each to their own. Same as piercings, and other such things. Humans do love to be different

Quick Reply: Whos got tattoos?