bt

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2009, 11:31 AM
staffy-bull
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question bt

Morning all,
I have been with BT for just over a year now, rang them this morning and after 1 hour 54 mins finally got put through to right department, the have cancelled my phone line as £234 LINE RENTAL IS OUTSTANDING, we had an active line for internet ( broadband with Orange) dont use the house phone as too many minutes to use on mobiles. Any how after having a tado with BT im not sure i want to use their service (LACK OF I SHOULD SAY) But need to know if there is any other companys i can use just for internet connection? Dont want to use a dongle thing, dont need a house phone either, just want my broadband???

Many thanks in advance

Vicky
Old 13 July 2009, 11:33 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

You should have a £10/month option for the line from BT. Other than that you can use TalkTalk (if you are in the right area) or the best option if you don't want a phone line is Virgin Cable connection.

Steve
Old 13 July 2009, 11:48 AM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

I cant see how they got to that figure line rental is only 11.24 or there abouts.

Have they not been billing you monthly, it seems a little weird if they haven't or should Orange be paying it for you?

Eitherway Cable is the best option if you can get it, if not you could goto Talktalk but having been there and left along with many once you have listened to thunderclap newman on hold many times you will have had enough.

Good luck.
Old 13 July 2009, 11:54 AM
staffy-bull
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PaulC72
I cant see how they got to that figure line rental is only 11.24 or there abouts.

Have they not been billing you monthly, it seems a little weird if they haven't or should Orange be paying it for you?

Eitherway Cable is the best option if you can get it, if not you could goto Talktalk but having been there and left along with many once you have listened to thunderclap newman on hold many times you will have had enough.

Good luck.
The bill is for the quater @11.25 pm, so waiting for a statement to show exact costs/charges, Orange is who provide my internet so are a different bill and nothing to do with BT, unfortnatly we cant get cable in our small village, cant stand talktalk either so still no furthue forward...
Old 13 July 2009, 12:12 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Had similar hassle myself with BT. In the end I moved my services to Tiscali. I only pay £15.00 a month for telephone and 8mgb broadband. No line rental and you can use your existine number etc so a seamless migration. So not only kicked BT to the side but I actually save money as well.
In the four years I've been with them never had any issues at all.