Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The, er, higher numbered channels on Sky

Search this Thread

Old 07 July 2009, 11:47 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The, er, higher numbered channels on Sky

Was channel surfing tonight as the missus is out (never usually get the remote), obviously there are the promising but expensive and hard to explain on the credit card bill pin protected channels but there are loads of channels with the words "XXX", "Babe", "Bang", "Hot" in the name in various permutations and seem to consist of some very poor, repetetive electronic music, a rolling ticker at the bottom with some phone numbers and a woman lewdly commentating whilst another one either wrestles her own ****, displays her gusset or bounces her **** in time with the music, generally they look a bit manky, a bit thick and more than a little tragic, apart from the initial "Whoa, Boobies" reaction its about as sexy as watching question time.

Who actually watches these channels, am i missing something ?
Old 07 July 2009, 11:49 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

J4CKO put the telephone and tissue's down!
Old 08 July 2009, 12:43 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

they're all ****e mate don't even bother. sad and lonely boys with no internet connection. get yerself a motorised dish, 1000 of channels of the real mccoy after 11pm

alternatively softmod an old xbox, stick a pimped version of xbox media centre on it, hook it up to your router and stream the stuff from your main pc to your 50" plasma
Old 08 July 2009, 12:47 AM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Chan 327
Old 08 July 2009, 01:01 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Sky channel 988 after 9pm

Well, in Spain the normal signal from BBC1 drops out after that, so I have to use BBC1 Channel Island instead

Raises some eyebrows if I inadvertantly hit a wrong digit though
Old 08 July 2009, 07:32 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Sky channel 988 after 9pm

Well, in Spain the normal signal from BBC1 drops out after that, so I have to use BBC1 Channel Island instead

Raises some eyebrows if I inadvertantly hit a wrong digit though
Digital+ and Taquilla are much better
Old 08 July 2009, 12:05 PM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigsinky
they're all ****e mate don't even bother. sad and lonely boys with no internet connection. get yerself a motorised dish, 1000 of channels of the real mccoy after 11pm

alternatively softmod an old xbox, stick a pimped version of xbox media centre on it, hook it up to your router and stream the stuff from your main pc to your 50" plasma
Any good websites detailing this?
Old 08 July 2009, 12:08 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I wasnt actually after **** source suggestions, but cheers anyway

Was more wondering what the point of those channels is, I think the no internet thing is the key, still its progress of a source, back in the day it was the ladies undergarments section of Freemans !
Old 08 July 2009, 12:18 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

A pal from Scotland came down to stay at mine a while back. After we'd been the pub and had a few back home I called it a night. Next morning he tells me he owed me £30 which I didn't understand why at first. couldn't remember lending him any money.

Asked him what he owed me it for and he was very coy telling me he just did... I was still tired and hungover so left it at that. After some breakfast I looked for my mobile which I'd left on the sofa the night before.... the battery was dead which was strange considering it was almost full the night before. You can see where this is going... 2+2 and I quizzed him on it. turns out he'd been bored and found the said higher channels. I really don't want to think about the rest but when I checked my bill online he'd been on for over an hour! £1.50 a minute! I made him pay me the £90+ there and then!

I later asked what the hell he'd been talking about for over an hour and he said nights out and his job. Stupid Scottish plonker!
Old 08 July 2009, 12:23 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I would have thought it would be far better value to spend the cash on a good night out with the real thing!

Les
Old 08 July 2009, 12:29 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I wasnt actually after **** source suggestions, but cheers anyway

Was more wondering what the point of those channels is, I think the no internet thing is the key, still its progress of a source, back in the day it was the ladies undergarments section of Freemans !
the pictures of the laydees with the see through white n black knickers
Old 08 July 2009, 12:35 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I would have thought it would be far better value to spend the cash on a good night out with the real thing!

Les
I think the point is that the chaps that ring these lines do not have a real thing to take out so they ring for some female company whilst they relieve the tension so to speak, £1.50 a minute is expensive, much cheaper to wait for a cold caller sellign something and keep them talking
Old 08 July 2009, 12:37 PM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

Some of my mates go on about babe station and all that crap, I can't understand why as they have tinternet too.
Old 08 July 2009, 12:38 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by psigeek
Any good websites detailing this?
Google is your friend.
Old 08 July 2009, 12:40 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ronjeramy
Some of my mates go on about babe station and all that crap, I can't understand why as they have tinternet too.
yeh ron...........admit it. some of my mates......give over. it's you really isn't it?
Old 08 July 2009, 12:45 PM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuussssssssshhhhhhhhhh
Old 08 July 2009, 12:57 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

are you watching or staring on these channels. a welt like that deserves some airtime
Old 08 July 2009, 01:01 PM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

absolute gem of an answer- the only thing missing was

"so I've heard !!"
Old 08 July 2009, 01:07 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by austinwrx
absolute gem of an answer- the only thing missing was

"so I've heard !!"
nah mate i have this setup in the house. my bedroom actually.
Old 08 July 2009, 01:21 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I think the point is that the chaps that ring these lines do not have a real thing to take out so they ring for some female company whilst they relieve the tension so to speak, £1.50 a minute is expensive, much cheaper to wait for a cold caller sellign something and keep them talking
Good one J4CKO,it is so useful to have you share your worldly experience with us!

Les
Old 08 July 2009, 01:24 PM
New_scooby_04

Ah yes, the mod that turns the x box into the triple x box.
Old 08 July 2009, 02:01 PM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Google is your friend.
Ha ha yes fair enough. But there's so much rubbish out there, just looking for a recommendation.

edit: http://xbmc.org/ this one will do

Last edited by psigeek; 08 July 2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08 July 2009, 02:28 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Ha ha yes fair enough. But there's so much rubbish out there, just looking for a recommendation.

edit: XBMC Media Center for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux this one will do
probably better installing a modchip, much better job. i (YES ME PERSONALLY) stuck an xecuter3 mod chip in my xbox. surprised myself with my soldering skills. it wasn't actually that hard. got a wee lcd screen for the front of the xbox as well. stuck Avalaunch front end and now have the new "babylon" release of XBMC. it's been going great guns now for the last 5 or so years. only downside is the xbox's 733MHz processor just doesn't have the puff to play the matroska .mkv files (HD stuff)

Last edited by bigsinky; 08 July 2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08 July 2009, 02:32 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

@psigeek

the xbox version of XBMC is a homebrew application that requires the xbox to be either softmodded or have a modchip installed. you just can't download and stick it on your xbox.
Old 08 July 2009, 02:54 PM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

probably better installing a modchip, much better job. i (YES ME PERSONALLY) stuck an xecuter3 mod chip in my xbox. surprised myself with my soldering skills. it wasn't actually that hard. got a wee lcd screen for the front of the xbox as well. stuck Avalaunch front end and now have the new "babylon" release of XBMC. it's been going great guns now for the last 5 or so years. only downside is the xbox's 733MHz processor just doesn't have the puff to play the matroska .mkv files (HD stuff)
@psigeek

the xbox version of XBMC is a homebrew application that requires the xbox to be either softmodded or have a modchip installed. you just can't download and stick it on your xbox.
Sounds very interesting. I'd be happy to mod. After all I repaired the red lights of doom on 3 Xbox 360s and have just replaced the head unit in the Scoob with a PC. Never thought about bodging my crystal Xbox though. Shame about the processor speed. Means some of my anime will be a no-go.

Sorry for the off topic
Old 08 July 2009, 03:23 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Shame about the processor speed. Means some of my anime will be a no-go.

Sorry for the off topic
yep. you will find alot of Blu-ray titles being ripped and most of the new US series are available in HD in newsgroups. the .mkv files are a defiante no-go. however i have tried blu-ray rips that have been converted to divx or xvid. About 3x the size of a normal divx movie (2 - 2.5GB) and quality is great. Few wee stutters but on whole pretty playable on the xbox. a bigger cache on the xbox would probaly sort that out but the xbox only has 64MB of RAM so XBMC only allows a 16MB cache.
Old 08 July 2009, 03:36 PM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Bigsinky I think I'll make this my next project. Processor and RAM upgrade needed really. I may bother you for more information at a point in time if that's ok?
Old 08 July 2009, 04:22 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

no probs. processor upgrade to celeron 1.4 GHz possible in an old xbox. see here ram can be upgraded but is a major PITA to do. even if you can get the specific RAM chips it can't be more than 128MB AFAIK. see here

better idea is a small/micro form factor pc. decent cpu and graphics card, laptop HDD (40GB). its gonna cost you a helluva lot more than an old 2nd hand xbox with one controller. you can get tons of them in places like cashconverters for buttons.

Last edited by bigsinky; 08 July 2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08 July 2009, 07:07 PM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

no probs. processor upgrade to celeron 1.4 GHz possible in an old xbox. see here ram can be upgraded but is a major PITA to do. even if you can get the specific RAM chips it can't be more than 128MB AFAIK. see here

better idea is a small/micro form factor pc. decent cpu and graphics card, laptop HDD (40GB). its gonna cost you a helluva lot more than an old 2nd hand xbox with one controller. you can get tons of them in places like cashconverters for buttons.
Exactly what I've stuck in the car. Be good to get use out of the Xbox again. Thanks for the links

Quick Reply: The, er, higher numbered channels on Sky