Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

2 Police dogs die after being left in a van during hot weather

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2009, 08:33 AM
richieh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Police dogs die after being left in a van during hot weather

Dont often post on here these days but this has annoyed me so much i couldnt help it- BBC NEWS | UK | England | Nottinghamshire | Police dogs die in parked vehicle
I know its only one officer(or maybe 2) involved but ffs an experienced dog handler??
Idiot plod responsible should be strung up for it IMHO and banned from keeping any animals again.
It does seem that there are more and more rotten apples in the barrel these days-a shame as i was brought up pro-police and to respect them as my grandfather was an old school copper(1950's) but things like this make me wonder if its time to reconsider my opinion
cheers Richie
Old 02 July 2009, 08:44 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I agree about not keeping animals again, I know a few (one actually a dog handler) and Im really really surprised to read this as they love their animals, I know where it was parked was under shade but it was still far too hot to leave them in that van,
It would be nice to see them prosecuted etc but it wont happen.
edited to add, I dont see it as a Police bashing thread just a prat who killed animals

Last edited by JDM_Stig; 02 July 2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02 July 2009, 10:43 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I sincerely hope that whoever was responsible for such shameful and thoughtless behaviour is prosecuted with full vigour, as would rightly happen to anyone else who did such a thing.

Les
Old 02 July 2009, 10:54 AM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Typical of the shower of ***** that is the police force!

If that was a member of the public, they would have them up in court before you could say cps!

One rule for them and one rule for us, the ***** NEVER prosecute their brethren!:Suspi ciou
Old 02 July 2009, 11:05 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

They normally leave the back doors open when they are parked up
Old 02 July 2009, 12:20 PM
richieh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.
They normally leave the back doors open when they are parked up
Obviously in too much of a rush to get to the doughnuts before the rest of the boys this time (note this is a bit of light stereotypical humour in the face of a serious situation rather than having a go as i know a couple of police dog handlers and how they feel towards their dogs)
cheers Richie

Trending Topics

Old 02 July 2009, 12:28 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

The pigs can go round killing members of the public with no consequences.

They can drive through 30mph areas at 120 with no consequences while "testing the handling" of their cars.

They can arrest someone under the terrorist act for mumbling "rubbish" at the Labour Party Conference.

You think they're gonna give a shiny **** about dogs.

behave.
Old 02 July 2009, 01:08 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

I make no bones about this if it offends anyone, tough.

I am apaulled by this. If the piece of **** that was responsible for this was infront of me now i'd keep hitting them until I couldn't lift my arms.

Failing that I hope they die of something nasty, painful and prolonged.

Totally and utterly outraged!!
Old 02 July 2009, 01:28 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

I really can't believe that they just sat in the office, knowing that there were dogs sitting in a hot car. If they did, then I am totally disgusted.

I also know a dog handler and he treats his dog as one of his own. So please don't tar every police officers with the same brush. My mrs is a emergency call handler for kent police and some of the things that they have to deal with are truelly horrific.

Hating the police seems to be the 'fashion' these days. Remember that there are also greats sacrifices that go with this job.

Police Officer Killed on A249 - Heart 103.1 and 102.8
(one of maries colleges).
Old 02 July 2009, 01:43 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Most cops are great.

But I'm afraid a lot of them seem put defending crap policemen before common decency.

Even the news item said "we had to report it immediately as it was serious" rather than "We have put the useless clueless arsewipe on suspension pending his/their sacking"
Old 02 July 2009, 01:46 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

More of a 'don't leave dogs in cars' issue than that of 'aha, something bad has happened that I can use to have a pop at the police over' issue, isn't it?
Old 02 July 2009, 01:48 PM
richieh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
I really can't believe that they just sat in the office, knowing that there were dogs sitting in a hot car. If they did, then I am totally disgusted.
Tis looking that way from news reports

I also know a dog handler and he treats his dog as one of his own. So please don't tar every police officers with the same brush.
wouldnt dream of it-one of my best mates is a proper common sense copper who hates the way the force is going.
Hating the police seems to be the 'fashion' these days.
Sadly true but not suprising considering the type of person they are targeting for recruitment these days and the behaviour they get away with 'in the line of duty'.
Notts police are now saying this was a tragic accident-yea right they weren't locked in the car by an inbred retard they locked themselves in
personally i'd pallet wrap(similar to cling film) the lowlife scum and leave them in a sauna for 24 or so hrs to see how well they could cope with it
cheers richie
Old 02 July 2009, 02:13 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

Shocked that this can happen, truly shocked and appalled.

Old 02 July 2009, 02:22 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Should lose their jobs no question and be banned from having pets for life.

They are clearly not capable of being dog handlers!

The dogs will have suffered terribly and it is down to the idiots in charge of the animals. I would personally push for the prison sentence.
Old 02 July 2009, 02:23 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richieh
Tis looking that way from news reports

wouldnt dream of it-one of my best mates is a proper common sense copper who hates the way the force is going.

Sadly true but not suprising considering the type of person they are targeting for recruitment these days and the behaviour they get away with 'in the line of duty'.
Notts police are now saying this was a tragic accident-yea right they weren't locked in the car by an inbred retard they locked themselves in
personally i'd pallet wrap(similar to cling film) the lowlife scum and leave them in a sauna for 24 or so hrs to see how well they could cope with it
cheers richie
Really mature.
Old 02 July 2009, 02:27 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really mature.

Old 02 July 2009, 02:47 PM
richieh
Scooby Regular

I also know a dog handler and he treats his dog as one of his own. So please don't tar every police officers with the same brush. My mrs is a emergency call handler for kent police and some of the things that they have to deal with are truelly horrific.

Hating the police seems to be the 'fashion' these days. Remember that there are also greats sacrifices that go with this job.

Police Officer Killed on A249 - Heart 103.1 and 102.8
(one of maries colleges).
Really mature.
Sorry but its as simple as an eye for an eye in this case-animal cruelty I consider as bad as child cruelty-no punishment is sufficient-i'd be the same and feel the same towards the person concerned whatever their occupation and they deserve whatever they get-can you elucidate please?

cheers richie
Old 02 July 2009, 02:48 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

I'm sorry if I don't find talking about wrapping somebody up in cling film and chucking them in a sauna very constructive. Obviously, something happened to those dogs that is totally wrong and it needs to addressed. If it was the handlers fault, then he/she should be punished, no question.

I just get so tired of the media constantly slating the police as if they themselves know what is morally right or wrong.

Do you honestly think an officer thought, 'Hmm, think I'll let the hairy ****ers roast today!'. You don't know the circumstances behind it yet, only what has been spoon fed to you by the media.
Old 02 July 2009, 02:54 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

If a Police dog dies at the hand of a criminal isnt he is charged the same as killing a human officer? So is this the same ? 2 trained police animals/officers killed thru negligence .
Old 02 July 2009, 02:59 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

cheers richie
from the reports i,ve read the police are saying its a tragic incident, which differs from accident -- as accident infers no blame

not that I an belittling what happned, but I do thinks its, as Torq says, about and idiot who happens to be a copper, than a comment on the police service and boy they do have enough problems at the mo
Old 02 July 2009, 03:00 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig
If a Police dog dies at the hand of a criminal isnt he is charged the same as killing a human officer? So is this the same ? 2 trained police animals/officers killed thru negligence .
Totally. If it was the handlers negligence that caused the dogs to die, they should be punished with maximum sentence/fine.
Old 02 July 2009, 04:00 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

How can it not be negligence?

Unless the officer concerned was dead or unconscious and was unable to inform anyone else he had dogs in his hot car then what other possible excuse could there be for this??

I don't care about the morality, if I could get my hands on this tosser I would knock the life out of them!!
There is simply no excuse.

The maximum sentence for causing unnecessary suffering to an animal is six months in prison and a £20,000 fine.
I bet nothing happens.

Last edited by dazdavies; 02 July 2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02 July 2009, 04:10 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dazdavies
How can it not be negligence?

Unless the officer concerned was dead or unconscious and was unable to inform anyone else he had dogs in his hot car then what other possible excuse could there be for this??

I don't care about the morality, if I could get my hands on this tosser I would knock the life out of them!!
There is simply no excuse.

The maximum sentence for causing unnecessary suffering to an animal is six months in prison and a £20,000 fine.
I bet nothing happens.
i don't know, neither do you, that's my point.
Old 02 July 2009, 04:14 PM
richieh
Scooby Regular

I'm sorry if I don't find talking about wrapping somebody up in cling film and chucking them in a sauna very constructive. Obviously, something happened to those dogs that is totally wrong and it needs to addressed. If it was the handlers fault, then he/she should be punished, no question.

I just get so tired of the media constantly slating the police as if they themselves know what is morally right or wrong.

Do you honestly think an officer thought, 'Hmm, think I'll let the hairy ****ers roast today!'. You don't know the circumstances behind it yet, only what has been spoon fed to you by the media.
hang on a mo- I've not criticised the police I've criticised the individual-the fact that they are a police officer (for the time being) has no relevance here-as I've said already I am pro police but very very anti animal or child cruelty.
What possible circumstances could have justified this then as you seem to think there might be some kind of reason behind it whereas my only information is what i am 'spoon fed' .
Not trying to pick a fight with you btw just cannot see how this can be anything other than animal cruelty which should be punished to the full extent of the law-what I'd like to do to the individual concerened are my personal feelings, which you may not agree with but thats no reason to call me immature if i think they should be made to suffer for their actions in the same way as the dogs suffered. No different to daz above wanting to batter them till he can't lift his arms.

Or are you just blindly defending the police because of your partners connections with them(which i completely understand if thats the case)
cheers richie
Old 02 July 2009, 04:26 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

My comments were aimed at those who just knock the Police at every chance they get.

Just keep in mind that the same media keep reporting that M.Jackson is still alive!
Old 02 July 2009, 04:34 PM
richieh
Scooby Regular

i don't know
We can only form opinions on the information we are given- yet given the information released(by the police) you are blindly defending them-unless you know more than you are letting on i really cannot understand your stance on this.
Do you regard working dogs as disposible tools of the job or something?
(I do know one dog handler with this attitude but he is most certainly in the minority in the job and is universally hated by his collegues)
again I state I'm not looking for a verbal fight and am pro police i just cannot see any justification for your viewpoint
cheers richie
Old 02 July 2009, 04:37 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

We can only form opinions on the information we are given- yet given the information released(by the police) you are blindly defending them-unless you know more than you are letting on i really cannot understand your stance on this.
Do you regard working dogs as disposible tools of the job or something?
(I do know one dog handler with this attitude but he is most certainly in the minority in the job and is universally hated by his collegues)
again I state I'm not looking for a verbal fight and am pro police i just cannot see any justification for your viewpoint
cheers richie
I see what he's saying, I'm pretty sure it's not too complicated.

He's saying that we don't know exactly what has actually happened, we just have little bit's of info from the media, which could have been manipulated any way they wish. Until we know the full story, proper judgement cannot be made but if they are guilty of negligence then throw the book at them.

Well that's how I read it anyway
Old 02 July 2009, 04:44 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two dogs dead - so f*ckng what.
Old 02 July 2009, 04:45 PM
richieh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
from the reports i,ve read the police are saying its a tragic incident, which differs from accident -- as accident infers no blame

not that I an belittling what happned, but I do thinks its, as Torq says, about and idiot who happens to be a copper, than a comment on the police service and boy they do have enough problems at the mo
Radio are saying accident-bbc web incident-possibly semantics admittedly. I do agree its about a ****wit who happens to be a copper rather than a comment on the police service as I have pointed out several times so far btw
cheers richie

Quick Reply: 2 Police dogs die after being left in a van during hot weather