Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Families

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2009, 01:58 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Families

As the saying goes; You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family.

I totally despise my brother.

Mum and Dad now long gone... just me and him left, he's 44 and a complete and utter total waste to society and life in general, sponger, on benefits, alcoholic, left his partner, 2kids and dogs, doesn't give them a bean. He is a total embarassment to everyone around him.

I hate him, I fvcking hate him, and have done for a number of years.

(I have done an awful lot for him recently to try and help, his last words to me were "You fvcking cvnt")

I wish him dead, my wife wishes him dead, his ex-partner wishes him dead, my mother, who passed away recently, wanted him to die before her.

Anyone else care to rant?
Old 08 June 2009, 02:04 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Dont stress man .. youll do yourself an injury

people are the way they are , you cant help em
Old 08 June 2009, 02:07 PM
sbk1972
Scooby Regular

arrrh,m thats ashame. I have an older brother, he's 2 years older, Im 37, he's 39, and he's my best mate. Always there, trust him 100%. Yes, we argue, shout and scream every now and then, but he's my bro and I love him.

I dont like his g/f though, pikey scum, but she has made two lovely children with him who I adore, but she, mmmmmmmmmmm die bitch die :-)

SBK
Old 08 June 2009, 03:45 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

For years I thought, he'll wake up one day, realise what he's losing and try to find the life he had. Not now, he's sub-human.

Just wondered if I was alone.
Old 08 June 2009, 03:56 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

It's a pity that you feel that way: YOU can't change him, only he can do that, and there is no mileage whatsover in trying.

All you can do is continue to be the best person you know how, don't get stressed over him, and let him do as he pleases. It's his life, if he wants to waste it, then so be it.

Any other way lies upset for you and yours.
Old 08 June 2009, 04:14 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

I wasn't after sympaphy, I just thought I'd start a thread where we could rant about families in general.
Old 08 June 2009, 04:37 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Start of rant - I am loosing myself amongst the play food and duplo and slowly see my adult self vanishing in the distance. I took a wrong turn on the way back from the school run one day, and seem to have been lost somewhere that adults no longer exist. I wish I had a job to get away from it all and just be a woman and not JUST a mum, just for a short period of time. Also it would be nice to know that someone understood it was more than just an 'off day'. It's been months of feeling the same, and I am begining to feel stale. - End of rant.
Old 08 June 2009, 05:04 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983
Start of rant - I am loosing myself amongst the play food and duplo and slowly see my adult self vanishing in the distance. I took a wrong turn on the way back from the school run one day, and seem to have been lost somewhere that adults no longer exist. I wish I had a job to get away from it all and just be a woman and not JUST a mum, just for a short period of time. Also it would be nice to know that someone understood it was more than just an 'off day'. It's been months of feeling the same, and I am begining to feel stale. - End of rant.
Now that IS sad...........there is no such thing as "JUST a mum: you are someone's world, their keeper, their friend, their mentor, their every provider.

You carried them under your heart for 9 months, and gave them the life they now have. They can never repay that, not ever.

Make the most of this time, before you know where you are, the child will be grown, and will no longer need you..........THEN see how you feel
Old 08 June 2009, 06:54 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Erm.... what's a family ?

LOL

dunx

P.S. I don't even know if I have one out there.... but I LOL at myself.
Old 08 June 2009, 07:17 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Then WE are your family dunx
Old 08 June 2009, 07:28 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by dunx

LOL

dunx

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles
Then WE are your family dunx
Indeed you are, my son
Old 08 June 2009, 07:34 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles
Now that IS sad...........there is no such thing as "JUST a mum: you are someone's world, their keeper, their friend, their mentor, their every provider.

You carried them under your heart for 9 months, and gave them the life they now have. They can never repay that, not ever.

Make the most of this time, before you know where you are, the child will be grown, and will no longer need you..........THEN see how you feel
What a nice comment. It's true, I guess, they won't be little forever, and I bet in years looking back, she will have fond memories (way more than the down times), and miss these times, that now seem hard at times.

Hysteria, can you not get a part time job? Just to give you a bit adult company, and give you a bit variety.

LOL

dunx

Ah, that's sad, like TT says, we'll be your family.
Old 08 June 2009, 07:39 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

LOL

dunx

You can be my new bro... LOL, the current one I have is a right cvnt!
Old 08 June 2009, 08:52 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Will anyone be my family, I'm a benefit scrounger but a nice person - ask Jeff and Dunc
Old 08 June 2009, 09:07 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Will anyone be my family, I'm a benefit scrounger but a nice person - ask Jeff and Dunc
I can be you benefit scrounging Northern Irish alcoholic cousin if you like?

Its very true that you can't pick you family, i very rarely speak to mine. Haven't spoke to my dad in 5years or so, avoid my mum when possible as she financially screwed me when i tried to help her thru a few tough times. Some of my uncles are idiots others are aging terrorists and my aunt is too posh to bother with her blood relatives. The only one i would speak on a regular basis would be my older sister (i've 4 in total) as she has just about grown out of being a complete clown.

As for friends i have 1 or 2 but i have many aquaintances.
Old 08 June 2009, 10:06 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
Its very true that you can't pick you family, i very rarely speak to mine. Haven't spoke to my dad in 5years or so, avoid my mum when possible as she financially screwed me when i tried to help her thru a few tough times. Some of my uncles are idiots others are aging terrorists and my aunt is too posh to bother with her blood relatives. The only one i would speak on a regular basis would be my older sister (i've 4 in total) as she has just about grown out of being a complete clown.
Ahh families... I like to think I'd walk over hot coals to help my friends, but if I saw my brother burning in fire I wouldn't waste my p1ss on him.
Old 08 June 2009, 10:19 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JPL
Ahh families... I like to think I'd walk over hot coals to help my friends, but if I saw my brother burning in fire I wouldn't waste my p1ss on him.
Being a youngun i'm only finding out what "real" friends are and I can't say i have many i would walk over hot coals for.

Remember that this fellow no matter what is your family though and you only get one family so be careful what you wish for. Sometimes the best help you can give is actually none at all. It does hurt at times though and i question my relation with my father as I do feel like i am missing out as you probably do too with your bother but thats life mate.

Taking advice over family matters from someone who almost organised getting his father run over might not be the best idea though
Old 08 June 2009, 10:55 PM
Mark Mac
Scooby Regular

Bitterness can be cancerous.
Feed it with vengeful memories and it will engulf you.
Live for the now, and put your energy onto positive tomorrows.
Old 08 June 2009, 11:00 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Read all families are psychotic by Douglas coupland, Its a fiction but its strangely accurate with its characters references. Its a "everyone knows one of them" book.
Old 08 June 2009, 11:01 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys, I cannot get a job at the moment, as I have two children who i would need to pay childcare for, and those of us who use childcare know what a premium we have to pay for the service.
Don't get me wrong, I do not resent my children, I just feel sad that the world seems to slide on by and I am feeling a bit cast aside.
What made me feel this way was going out on the weekend and seeing all our happy go lucky friends all footloose and fancy free. It hit me that I have two children.
I would never ever change them or my situation for the world. I just envy those who are out i the real world and having their brain challenged by something more than what sort if art activity shall we do this pm, painting or playdoh? lol.

I am usually really positive when it comes to my family and my children, and I love bein a full time mum 95% of the time, but I suppose I am i the 5% at the moment and feeling low.
Old 08 June 2009, 11:03 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Families can be a PITA. I have a sister who I fondly refer to as Waynette

4-Kids, smokes, drinks, shes started an apprenticeship as a painter and decorator at the age of 35. She cost her husband his career and he stayed with her. Screwed my parents out of several grand by asking them to go guarantor on a mortgage and then announcing she couldn't afford the repayments but the grandkids needed a home. Three years later, having had my Uncle who had retired because of Parkinsons renovate her house (he was a general contractor)for free, worked out the house had increased in value by about £40k so remortgaged, didn't give my uncle a bean or repay my parents, but bought the widescreen telly, full sky package etc.

The irony is that she doesn't realise that my parents aren't as stupid as she thinks and have written her out of her will to the tune of everything she conned them out of. My other sister, who is a lawyer wrote the will

It may annoy you, but ATEOTD, what goes around comes around
Old 08 June 2009, 11:12 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Your brother sounds exactly my half brother. I lent him my run around once after he fed me some sob story about wanting to see his kids, and that was the last I saw of him for a week until he came home one day minus the car
When I asked where it was he told me it had run out of petrol 11 miles away and handed me the keys, finally found the car unlocked, full of *** ends and other rubbish on some dodgy estate
Old 08 June 2009, 11:17 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Your brother sounds exactly my half brother. I lent him my run around once after he fed me some sob story about wanting to see his kids, and that was the last I saw of him for a week until he came home one day minus the car
Sorry KOT, you fail! My brother is your half brother + 1,000,000 sh1tness.

My bro, king of the cvnts... FTW!
Old 08 June 2009, 11:22 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by JPL
Sorry KOT, you fail! M
Thats what his wife told him
Old 08 June 2009, 11:22 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I have never had much to do with him anyway. Unfortunately he is a bit of a charmer, so in the past I have caught the flak off the latest bint he has taken in.
Old 08 June 2009, 11:31 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Families are screwed up:

Grandad: Control freak wife beater (and a racist), died from misdiagnosed kidney failure (technically a good thing)
Grandma: Alcoholic (see above for why), died from complications of it.
Other Grandad: Died from smoking (actually quad heart bypass due to smoking)
Other Gran; Still smoking, no money, large debts and basic pension
Aunty; massive debts due to ex husband p*ssing it away, leached all money off Gran (thus her debts), then did a runner.
Other Aunty; Diagnosed with throat cancer; lost their Son several years ago (sudden heart attack); leaving them to bring up their granddaughter who has Down's.
Uncle; Wife flipped her lid, they divorced, she became alcoholic and died as a result. Now has another wife; massive debts. He struggles to work due to RSi injuries in his arms and tendon damage. Suffers heart problems, and ulcers and hernias; Still drinks.
Other Uncle; Lumbered with a suicidal physco missus, who he can't get rid for fear of her topping herself (her brother has already topped himself).
Dad: Alcoholic, died as a result of it affecting his health
Mum: Oeteoporosis; 4 fractures in her neck and back (so far). Not supposed to be working due to health; works insurance co and health policies both wriggled their way out of any payments or settlements. Works 12 hours a day. Also the family door mat for everyone else's problems.

Me? I'm the normal one

Last edited by ALi-B; 08 June 2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08 June 2009, 11:36 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by ALi-B

Me? I'm the normal one
You normal!!! yhea right

Old 08 June 2009, 11:41 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by mr_impreza
You normal!!! yhea right

you can talk, your dad's a tranny, and your sister is also your auntie. not to mention your families penchant for bestiality
Old 09 June 2009, 12:02 AM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by kingofturds
you can talk, your dad's a tranny, and your sister is also your auntie. not to mention your families penchant for bestiality
Your mam loved having a go on my sisters horse

And your dad a total bender, at least mine does the effort

Last edited by Will; 09 June 2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09 June 2009, 12:06 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

FFS you two, get a room!

Quick Reply: Families