Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Goodwood FOS

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2009, 11:35 PM
Charlie_Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodwood FOS

I've been going to the FOS for several years now but always on a Saturday, is Sunday worth attending, and is the traffic much worse on Sunday?
Old 02 June 2009, 09:17 AM
sbk1972
Scooby Regular

I lived nearby Goodwood for years, but have never been. So, decided I would go last year, and I went on the Friday due to crowds.

One side of the track had old race cars, the other side was there selling new cars and had all the various manufactors showing thier wears. Little stalls / restaurants scattered around the place.

Getting there, you park miles away on a crappy field. I then found the site overally packed, the old cars not that exciting, the new cars dull, the food / drink expensive and the place filled wiht *****.

In the end I just stayed next to the beer tent, which wasnt working correctly and foaming beer everywhere.

Totally waste of time, money in my opinion. Been told by a regulary Goodwood attendee that the vintage days are the ones to go too, not the `common` ones, as he referred to it.

SBK
Old 02 June 2009, 09:23 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

I have been on all 3 days, I found the weekends (Saturday and Sunday) a nightmare, I live 20-30 ish minutes away on a good day but on FOS weekend its about 3 hours to get in.
You dont really get to play with the new cars on display, the stalls are mobbed and you cant get to the track for a peep at the cars.
Friday is a lot lighter on people but as above you seem to still end up parking in Petworth.
I am going again this year and it will be on the Friday, out of all the days I find this one the easiest to deal with.
I go to some meets with my old man and my uncle, we take the old Triumphs, ferraris etc up and its a lot more fun. Its a bit ra ra but if you see past the wax jackets and tweed hats its a nice way to spend a Sunday.
Old 02 June 2009, 09:45 AM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

One practical word of advice: as the weekend wears on some of the cars break down or crash, so you don't normally get to see all of them in action on the Sunday.

I think I've been there on all 3 days over the years. Friday's obviously better for smaller crowds, but it means taking a day off work and then heading home in Friday afternoon traffic. You don't often see the star drivers on the Friday though. I think Button and Hamilton are Sunday only this year.
Old 02 June 2009, 03:17 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I have been to both,I found the revival was appreciably more entertaining as well as interesting. But I did still enjoy the FOS.

Les