Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Carparks

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2009, 09:05 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carparks

Got back to the car yesterday to find the women next to us had her car door resting against my car,my lass flipped with her,and her reply was,,,,,,,,,,,,well i put it against it gently No marks thank ****,but some people dont give a toss,really winds me up,,,,,,,,,,,,rant over
Old 25 May 2009, 09:57 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This happened to me recently too, If it wasnt for the stigma attached to crapping on someones bonnet I would have released a shed load on her car. It would have been ok though, I would have done it gently.
Old 25 May 2009, 10:17 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

I hate drivers who park outside my drive blocking it off,happened twice today..Theres a whole fooking road to park but no,they have to park right in the spot i need to get out of as if it's done on purpose just because i have a drive..OH heres a drive lets park right in front of it and block the access for the homeowner...no wonder we got idiots running banks and so on,the mentality of some people in this country...im chilled again
Old 25 May 2009, 10:23 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
I hate drivers who park outside my drive blocking it off,happened twice today..Theres a whole fooking road to park but no,they have to park right in the spot i need to get out of as if it's done on purpose just because i have a drive..OH heres a drive lets park right in front of it and block the access for the homeowner...no wonder we got idiots running banks and so on,the mentality of some people in this country...im chilled again
And relax
Old 25 May 2009, 10:30 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
And relax
were y hiding youve bin very quiet any numbers yet i park as far away as possible to much botw
Old 25 May 2009, 10:34 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nick schofield
were y hiding youve bin very quiet any numbers yet i park as far away as possible to much botw
Had a few days away,you been perving?
Old 25 May 2009, 10:37 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Had a few days away,you been perving?
ohhhhhh yes

Trending Topics

Old 26 May 2009, 10:57 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Got back to the car yesterday to find the women next to us had her car door resting against my car,my lass flipped with her,and her reply was,,,,,,,,,,,,well i put it against it gently No marks thank ****,but some people dont give a toss,really winds me up,,,,,,,,,,,,rant over
That is really annoying, but at least she must have been honest about the gentle bit since your car was unmarked.

Perhap's you should count yourself lucky since she gave you a "bit of a toss" anyway!

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 26 May 2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 26 May 2009, 11:07 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DYK

Thats illegal I think.. you can park over an empty drive but your not allowed to block someone in .. can anyone confirm this ?
Old 26 May 2009, 12:09 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Thats illegal I think.. you can park over an empty drive but your not allowed to block someone in .. can anyone confirm this ?
It is certainly an offence yes, but one that very little notice is taken of sadly.
I had a coach park over my drive a couple of years back, no one wanted to know about it.
When cars block my drive now I tend to block them in. I cant go, so nor can you
Old 26 May 2009, 12:16 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

personally if id been that careful about opening my door an you an your misses went on one like you say you did id just laugh at you. oh an next time i wouldnt be so careful
Old 26 May 2009, 03:33 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Snazy
It is certainly an offence yes, but one that very little notice is taken of sadly.
I had a coach park over my drive a couple of years back, no one wanted to know about it.
When cars block my drive now I tend to block them in. I cant go, so nor can you
Yep, that's my philosophy, I just block em in for a suitable amount of time after taking leave from work (3 or 4 days isn't too bad is it? lol), I'm dying to use my clamp on one of them but I don't have the license to do so, although I know a man who can
Old 26 May 2009, 03:51 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Got back to the car yesterday to find the women next to us had her car door resting against my car,my close male friend flipped with her,and her reply was,,,,,,,,,,,,well i put it against it gently No marks thank ****,but some people dont give a toss,really winds me up,,,,,,,,,,,,rant over

etided for you
Old 26 May 2009, 04:11 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
I think that the law changes recently, at least in some places (towns/cities/Landan?)!

It is now an offence to park along a dropped kerb without the permission of the person wat it was dropped for (or something like that in more legal sounding words).

No idea how this is enforced or what you can do - but you can sit blocked in knowing full well that the law is on your side

mb
Old 26 May 2009, 04:35 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

If the spaces were wide enough to take the door swing of a modern car in the first place we wouldn't have these issues.
There's a carpark in my town with extra wide spaces (not marked for family or disabled) which I now use.
2.4m width is so out of date!
Old 26 May 2009, 04:46 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Got back to the car yesterday to find the women next to us had her car door resting against my car, the teenage rentboy i had just picked up from at gents in the park flipped with her,and her reply was,,,,,,,,,,,,well i put it against it gently No marks thank ****,but some people dont give a toss,really winds me up,,,,,,,,,,,,rant over

Originally Posted by DaOne
etided for you
and corrected for accuracy
Old 26 May 2009, 05:55 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moneys
personally if id been that careful about opening my door an you an your misses went on one like you say you did id just laugh at you. oh an next time i wouldnt be so careful
gotta say its when people say things like this that it makes me cringe knowing that you are from the same city as me i would of thought that someone from liverpool like myself would understand that to be "laughed at" when something means so much to you is 1 step too far.what is wrong with you people?, although i suppose for some from the less desireable areas, it is just second nature to use the intellect they have sadly inherited.
Old 26 May 2009, 06:10 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my06 ppp silver
gotta say its when people say things like this that it makes me cringe knowing that you are from the same city as me i would of thought that someone from liverpool like myself would understand that to be "laughed at" when something means so much to you is 1 step too far.what is wrong with you people?, although i suppose for some from the less desireable areas, it is just second nature to use the intellect they have sadly inherited.

i have been in many carparks where someone has parked so close i cant open the door properly, i will take my time an make sure i dont whack it, like this woman has done, if someone came out ranting and raving after i had done all this then i would just think you were a loon for not checking first.

what the hell your on about with all this same city and shame stuff i dont know, im sure no matter where your from, your proud of what you have, i am. ive had the same thing happen to me and i never went on one ranting an raving at the woman especilly when she said she had been so careful. would they have gone on one if it was some big fella? doubt it.

oh and i originally come from netherley, very nice area indeed. this also has got nothing to do with how i a am and also how i react to some people or situations. are you one of those people that think because they have a nice postcode that thier better than everyone else, oh an i dont live in netherley any more before you start going on. get off your high horse and stop looking down your nose at people you dont even know
Old 26 May 2009, 06:19 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

i have been in many carparks where someone has parked so close i cant open the door properly, i will take my time an make sure i dont whack it, like this woman has done, if someone came out ranting and raving after i had done all this then i would just think you were a loon for not checking first.

what the hell your on about with all this same city and shame stuff i dont know, im sure no matter where your from, your proud of what you have, i am. ive had the same thing happen to me and i never went on one ranting an raving at the woman especilly when she said she had been so careful. would they have gone on one if it was some big fella? doubt it.

oh and i originally come from netherley, very nice area indeed. this also has got nothing to do with how i a am and also how i react to some people or situations. are you one of those people that think because they have a nice postcode that thier better than everyone else, oh an i dont live in netherley any more before you start going on. get off your high horse and stop looking down your nose at people you dont even know
Ooooh, postcode fight!!!

We don't know if they were parked close together or a decent space apart but I'd tend to assume that the womans actions were not those of a considerate person due to the fact that TDB has felt the need to highlight the matter.
And how would you know that she'd been 'so careful' anyway?

I doubt that he'd come on here having a moan if he'd in fact parked 2cm from this persons door in the first place. And even so, just resting a door on another can cause a bit of damage anyway, especially with ye olde ultra-thin Subaru paint

Last edited by Torquemada; 26 May 2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: I can't spell :D
Old 26 May 2009, 06:22 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

The thing is she had her friend stood behind her,why didn't she get her to hold the door,like i do when getting my kids out.
Old 26 May 2009, 07:24 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Torquemada
Yep, that's my philosophy, I just block em in for a suitable amount of time after taking leave from work (3 or 4 days isn't too bad is it? lol), I'm dying to use my clamp on one of them but I don't have the license to do so, although I know a man who can

Wheel Clamp eh,i have one in the shed or i could do what a mate did and got his truck and a chain and dragged a parked vehicle from outside his drive,that car being his neighbours.
Old 26 May 2009, 07:54 PM
scoobeenut
Scooby Regular

I think it could be time for a group buy on these Door Protection Photo Gallery, Car Door Protectors & Truck door protectors by doordefender -
Old 26 May 2009, 08:01 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Do they do them in yellow to blend in with my car?
Old 26 May 2009, 09:16 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

moneys- just to clarify with you, my inspiration for my post was your statement that "next time i would not be as careful", i read this and had to respond as i felt this not right. Then when i noticed you were from Liverpool (the capital of culture) all you did was give a bad impression to the type of people that just love to slate our city at any given opportunity despite how far we have come in recent years. Also how i interpreted the situation was that it was his girlfriend that done the kicking off, and also if he was fuming, is he not entitled to be? As for the postcode thing, yes, i am in the wrong for judging you without little more than an ill thought out statement. i apologise, but i do not think i am any better than anyone else.
Old 26 May 2009, 09:18 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

I think you're out of order, I'm afraid - if she'd marked the car then you'd have an issue. Resting the door against yours as space is tight sounds pretty considerate to me. Get over it.
Old 26 May 2009, 09:21 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gordo
I think you're out of order, I'm afraid - if she'd marked the car then you'd have an issue. Resting the door against yours as space is tight sounds pretty considerate to me. Get over it.
Had a little rant,and put rant over,,,,,,,so got over it

PS,it wasn't a tight space
Old 26 May 2009, 10:04 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

haha - fair enough. course, the real question no-one's asked (and I think your original post probably answers) is: was she fit?
Old 26 May 2009, 10:07 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

haha - fair enough. course, the real question no-one's asked (and I think your original post probably answers) is: was she fit?
A munter
Old 26 May 2009, 11:42 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Bollocks.. imho.

If space is tight I will put my had between my door and the neighbouring car because I give a crap about other peoples property.

If I saw a door against my car I'd go nuts regardless.

Said as someone with a lovely car park ding in his front passenger door that's right on the door beam.. I'm sure they thought they were gentle as well - Subaru bodyshop £500+ to fix, Local bodyshop £300+ to fix, or a salvage door - £100+. All because of some other... individuals... utter lack of care, or total disregard at paying attention to what they were doing.

Last edited by Prasius; 26 May 2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 27 May 2009, 07:59 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prasius
Bollocks.. imho.

If space is tight I will put my had between my door and the neighbouring car because I give a crap about other peoples property.

If I saw a door against my car I'd go nuts regardless.

Said as someone with a lovely car park ding in his front passenger door that's right on the door beam.. I'm sure they thought they were gentle as well - Subaru bodyshop £500+ to fix, Local bodyshop £300+ to fix, or a salvage door - £100+. All because of some other... individuals... utter lack of care, or total disregard at paying attention to what they were doing.
Not forgetting Neils car is fully stickered up, so more ££ on top of dent removal.

I know Neil and his Mrs personally and know they both aren't the types to just go mental at any old rubbish. I also know that Neil takes pride in his car and under bonnet chrome bits, eh, cheque in the post mate

I wouldn't necessarily fly off the handle, but if in a similar situation I would certainly make my displeasure known (especially with the tin foil French car bodywork)

Quick Reply: Carparks