Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Exercise, good diet, being healthy etc..why don't i feel amazing?

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2009, 07:52 PM
Git_
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

might as well start drinking again then
Old 24 May 2009, 07:53 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

It's called age!
Old 24 May 2009, 07:55 PM
JRFRACE
Scooby Regular

no, theres no secret, and you should feel very lucky to find yourself in that position
Old 24 May 2009, 08:07 PM
JRFRACE
Scooby Regular

What you've described is just normal life, you sound like you had a great time in your 20's, you've chosen (wisely) to look after yourself a bit better now. You won't see the benefit of that by leaping out of bed feeling like an athlete but you will see the benefit of it in 10 years time if you keep it up, generally healthy living is something that pays you back in the future, not the short term.

Taking lots vitamin supplements can be a bit iffy without medical advice on what you need because unless you know you are low on particular vitamins, you can actually give yourself abnormally high levels which arn't good for you.
Old 24 May 2009, 09:33 PM
thesyn
Scooby Regular

You may not live any longer but it will certainly feel like it
Old 24 May 2009, 10:54 PM
nixxon
Scooby Regular

But can you touch your toes?
one, andtwoandthree, andfour...
That's the key. Every morning, into the garden with the **** crow (5.15 at the moment), for a few Sun Salutations, and then a run around the block.
Old 24 May 2009, 10:58 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you bedded any fit young students recently? If you haven't, this could be the source of your problem.
Old 25 May 2009, 08:27 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Nat - Always been pretty healthy but I also used to drink a lot in my late teens/early 20s too.
I think it's partly age but also not being able to define "normal"

When I've had slack periods, I've found myself feeling more lethargic - needing an afternoon nap and generally feeling a bit listless. Now probably at the peak of fitness, I very rarely feel lacking in energy to do stuff. Not sure if I'd say it feels "great" or anything, just seem to rarely feel tired. And it's nice to be able to do a good cycle, run, weights, surf, swim and feel fine within a couple of minutes.

Anyone that shouts about how great they feel must have been bad before or just be a bore. Reminds me of ex smokers being too anti smoking.
Old 25 May 2009, 12:04 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Comes to us all Nat, nothing you can do about it!

Les
Old 25 May 2009, 12:58 PM
serega
Scooby Regular

No drinking reduces the load on your liver.
Running burns fat, activates your muscles and trains your heart along with increasing blood flow.

However, those things will not make you feel better per say. You should definitely feel more energetic, but beyond that what do you expect.

I have stopped drinking and smoking about 2 years ago, have exercised a bit with some running and stopped eating crap foods, so basically pretty much the same thing that you have done. I have actually started to feel worse than i was before!

As i later found out, that was due to me stressing my body with exercises while not providing the right nutrition, not enough minerals and not enough vitamins. I have also found out that through all the drinking my kidneys and liver were in pretty bad shape and even though i have stopped drinking they were not doing their job of detoxing my body from all the crap that was there. And while my running and exercising was pumping all that blood through my body, my liver didnt filter it properly.

After reading up on nutrition i increased my intake of the vitamins and minerals i thought my body needed, both through proper eating and through vitamin and mineral supps and some probiotics as well. I have done a liver detox course and I can seriously say that i feel great. We were snowboarding with my mates this winter and they couldnt believe how much more energy i had. I could walk for miles without even getting tired while all my mates who drink and smoke were huffing and puffing after half my distance.

I suggest you read up on minerals and vitamins and find out what they do in your body as for example a lack of certain vitamins can be a simple cause of depression. Dont give up on a healthy lifestyle. It might not make you a superman, but with proper attention to detail you will be healthier than people who dont care about what they consume.

A good simple site for vitamins and minerals that i found : Mineral Chart | Nutrient chart | Minerals in fruits and vegetables

Last edited by serega; 25 May 2009 at 01:00 PM.