Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2009, 12:52 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Is the Catholic Church just a club for peadophiles

Certainly seems that way

It’s been a tough two years for Mr Average

First, the people that we were told were geniuses, at the head of the financial system, were in fact a load of crooks and chancers living off a one way financial bet, heads they win tails we loose

When we looked to the politicians for guidance, they seem to be no better

Finally if you wanted to seek solace in the church, well your fvcked there – quite literally as it turns out

what a scandal

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 21 May 2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 21 May 2009, 12:56 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Up there with the most corrupt organisations in the world. No normal man would want to be a priest.
Old 21 May 2009, 01:14 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its on days like this you thank **** your a Protestant
Old 21 May 2009, 02:03 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Child molesters often look for jobs or positions which put them in close proximity to children and often in a position of trust and power so hardly surprising.

Throw in the mix that the priests are supposed to be celibate and it can be a recipe for disaster.

Let's not forget that there are a lot of priests who do not abuse their position of children and do the job for the right reasons
Old 21 May 2009, 02:07 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Yes.

Next you'll be asking if the BNP are racists
Old 21 May 2009, 02:13 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Let's not forget that there are a lot of priests who do not abuse their position of children and do the job for the right reasons
Quite right. I'm not a fan of the church but for every one of these monsters that makes the headlines there are hundreds of clergy doing their jobs and not making the headlines.
Old 21 May 2009, 02:15 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Quite right. I'm not a fan of the church but for every one of these monsters that makes the headlines there are hundreds of clergy doing their jobs and not making the headlines.
or they've just not been caught yet
Old 21 May 2009, 02:40 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

although I don't want to come over as a total church basher, it wasn't just the Priests its the Nuns aswell

they all seem to be abusing children -- if you read the details its horrific
Old 21 May 2009, 02:47 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
although I don't want to come over as a total church basher, it wasn't just the Priests its the Nuns aswell

they all seem to be abusing children -- if you read the details its horrific
It is not confined to just the catholic church, some religions condone marriages between older men in their 50's for example and girls who have just had their first periods, say 12 years old or so. I also consider this to be abuse and sanctioned by that religion!

We could get into female circumcision which is barbaric...
Old 21 May 2009, 02:54 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

It doesnt look good for them at all. And the worst part is now we are in danger of "tar them all" syndrome.
I was brought up Catholic, I was schooled Catholic, my parents are Catholic and my girlfriend is Catholic.
When I left school I never went to church again, but I was never made to suck off an old man, nor were any of my family (from what they told me).
I was struck at school with canes, slippers, rulers etc but I was messing about so I deserved it. I was never proper beaten.
Its a pity the powers that be are dragging there feet on this, guilty parties should be brought to trial godspeed (no pun intended).
Old 21 May 2009, 02:58 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

The problem is that the Chtholic church actually tried to hide what these priests were doing. That's accessory to a crime in effect. rotten to the core!
Old 21 May 2009, 03:09 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
The problem is that the Catholic church actually tried to hide what these priests were doing. That's accessory to a crime in effect. rotten to the core!
Yes, very wrong to be doing so, best got out in the open and dealt with by the law. It does make you wonder just how high up the corruption and the perpetrators go.

Tell me, hypothetically if you are a catholic child molester, can you be absolved fro your sins/crimes by confessing and wipe the slate clean???
Old 21 May 2009, 03:12 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

And they think they are above the law. There must be prosecutions in this case
Old 21 May 2009, 03:12 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
The problem is that the Chtholic church actually tried to hide what these priests were doing. That's accessory to a crime in effect. rotten to the core!

just think of all the ones the got away
there is a small minority that give a bad a name to the rest and the media love to play on it. there is a lot preist that do a lot of good things for the community with out been paid its a shame the media dont mention them for the right reasons.
Old 21 May 2009, 03:13 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Tell me, hypothetically if you are a catholic child molester, can you be absolved fro your sins/crimes by confessing and wipe the slate clean???
Technically you can be absolved. One of those sick rules that many religions have. Such as the Buddhist believe that baby P deserved to die for sins in a previous life.
It makes you wonder how grown ups can still take it seriously.
Old 21 May 2009, 03:18 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Arguably, the Catholic Church is the most corrupt organisation on the planet. Its most certainly the wealthiest and carries significant influence in many Countries.

However coruption within "religion" is not confined to the Catholic Church.

It is not necessarily the Church's fault that so many those spreading its word are involved in physical and sexaul abuse of minors, however it most certainly is the Church's fault that such activity is more often than not subject to some high level cover up.

Makes you wonder....
Old 21 May 2009, 03:21 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

this is like angels and demons all over again lol
Old 21 May 2009, 03:31 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

I understood this to be right at the core of the Christian religions -- if you repent yoursins you will get to the kingdom of heaven -- full stop

so Baby P's killer, if he repents will -- however if you happen not to believe, then your a damned in hell

The Catholic Church, however, seem to allow you to do it on a weekly basis – in Confession

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 21 May 2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 21 May 2009, 03:33 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

The only thing you cant repent is not believing in god. There is no pass the gates with this one.
Old 21 May 2009, 03:44 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
I understood this to be right at the core of the Christian religions -- if you repent yoursins you will get to the kingdom of heaven -- full stop

so Baby P's killer, if he repents will -- however if you happen not to believe, then your a damned in hell

The Catholic Church, however, seem to allow you to do it on a weekly basis – in Confession
So Join the club, pay your dues, go to church and you can get away with murder, rape, etc...
Old 21 May 2009, 03:59 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

mmm does sound tempting

but i,m usually busy on Sundays
Old 21 May 2009, 04:06 PM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Timwinner
One of those sick rules that many religions have. Such as the Buddhist believe that baby P deserved to die for sins in a previous life.
It makes you wonder how grown ups can still take it seriously.
I would love to know which Buddhist said that Baby P deserved to die.

This is as much a perversion of the Buddhist philosophy as as the extremist Muslims who believe that the Qu'ran says that Allah would want all non-beleivers slaughtered.

The Catholic Church in many countries was literally above the law and it was the most revered and respected structure in society. Even today in Eire there are state laws that originate from Papal law in Rome.

It is not that that the Catholic Church intentionally took advantage of this - it is that there was no-one there to stop those who did, and those who knew wanted to protect the repuation and authority of the Church. The victims only source of authority was the very institution that was abusing them.

All in all a truly awful situation.

Last edited by Spooky Mulder; 21 May 2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 21 May 2009, 04:11 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spooky Mulder
I would love to know which Buddhist said that Baby P deserved to die.

This is as much a perversion of the Buddhist philosophy as as the extremist Muslims who believe that the Qu'ran says that Allah would want all non-beleivers slaughtered.

The Catholic Church in many countries was literally above the law and it was the most revered and respected structure in society. Even today in Eire there are state laws that originate from Papal law in Rome.

It is not that that the Catholic Church intentionally took advantage of this - it is that there was no-one there to stop those who did, and those who knew wanted to protect the repuation and authority of the Church. The victims only source of authority was the very institution that was abusing them.

All in all a truly awful situation.

I went to a multi faith day at MET training HQ as part of my consulting. They Buddhist rep said it there, further to that he said the same about Jamie Bulger.
Well let me put it into context. He said that bad stuff happens to people in this life for the things they have done in a previous life, When asked about the above two examples he was un willing to say it was different in these cases.

I am not anti any religion and have no real biased anymore, just sharing what I heard.
Old 21 May 2009, 04:18 PM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Timwinner
I went to a multi faith day at MET training HQ as part of my consulting. They Buddhist rep said it there, further to that he said the same about Jamie Bulger.
Well let me put it into context. He said that bad stuff happens to people in this life for the things they have done in a previous life, When asked about the above two examples he was un willing to say it was different in these cases.

I am not anti any religion and have no real biased anymore, just sharing what I heard.
So what you are saying is, you said it, interpreting what someone did not comment on.

All good
Old 21 May 2009, 04:29 PM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

I like Jimmy Carr's view on the pain of growing up a Catholic.

So much effort - sit, kneel, pray, stand - I wish the priest would just pick a position and f*** me!
Old 21 May 2009, 06:44 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

all the religions are a load of old tosh,.

be true to yourself, make your kids happy,
end of

oh and try not to bum them
Old 21 May 2009, 06:53 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

spooky mulder - where in the quran does it state that all the non belivers should be slaughterd? where are you getting these ideas from have you read the quran? do you know any muslim that told you that.

nat 21 - thats bang out of order!!! based on what ??or is that another chav stereo type?

i thought to myself that train is never late, any minute now some one will bring up the muslim faith!!!
Old 21 May 2009, 07:03 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Reminds me of the story about the little catholic boy. Lying injured in the road, after being knocked over by a car, as the crowd gathered round, a women asks the little boy if he would like them to call a priest

Thanking them in muffled tones he replied that sex was the last thing on his mind

Quick Reply: Is the Catholic Church just a club for peadophiles