Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

While they are reforming the house.. (of Commons)

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2009, 12:53 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default While they are reforming the house.. (of Commons)

How about they set about putting a stop to gobby MP's jeering and shouting other MP's down.

Just like the whole expenses thing, and not getting away with it in a real job, if you started shouting over and jeering a collegue at a meeting you would get told to STFU!

I know its all part of the spirit of the place, and reaction should be allowed, but watching PMQ's just now, its shameful the way the MP's behave when some try and have a say. Its meant to be a house of democracy, not somewhere where the underdog should be able to be shouted down and silenced.

Over paid spoilt children!
Old 20 May 2009, 01:07 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

personally i'd hang them all and ask Arnold Schwarzenegger to take the reins as he's done a bang up job in California
Old 20 May 2009, 01:17 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Ummm. Was that a serious suggestion - The Great California Fiscal Earthquake - TIME

" ... As 2009 settles in, California isn't quite the Golden State anymore. School districts are expected to lose billions of dollars in financing for improvements and development, and health-care services for the elderly, infirm and poor will most likely deteriorate. State employees are facing payroll cuts, unpaid leaves and a hiring freeze. Money for firefighting in parched Southern California is drying up, as is financing for levees in flood-plagued northern environs of the state. And that's just for starters as California faces a budget deficit of more than $41 billion over the next 18 months. It would help to have a budget, but state legislators have been at an impasse for weeks, haggling over various proposals — and weighing their political consequences. ............. "

Seems he took economics lessons from Flash ..... or maybe it's a language problem for him. Mind you, that argument could apply to Flash as well ...

Dave
I think you have answered your own question
Old 20 May 2009, 01:27 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

in my own opinion its sometimes the better the Devil you know. By reforming the HOC what difference do people think it will actually make? Politics has and always will be a crooked business.

For instance my old boss, i thought was a complete jerk so i left and got myself a new boss who turned out to be less jerkish but a complete *******. How i wish i was still working for my old jerk of a boss, least i was guarantee'd when and what my wages where gonna be.
Old 21 May 2009, 11:34 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
How about they set about putting a stop to gobby MP's jeering and shouting other MP's down.

Just like the whole expenses thing, and not getting away with it in a real job, if you started shouting over and jeering a collegue at a meeting you would get told to STFU!

I know its all part of the spirit of the place, and reaction should be allowed, but watching PMQ's just now, its shameful the way the MP's behave when some try and have a say. Its meant to be a house of democracy, not somewhere where the underdog should be able to be shouted down and silenced.

Over paid spoilt children!
Yes I agree Snazy. I also remember the fuss they all made when it was proposed that it should be televised for the Public to see them at work. They were terrified at the possibility of accurate comments as you made and did their best to squash the idea.

Another thing that annoys me is when there is a discussion going, one of them will talk over the man who is making a point in an effort to make him fail to get it across. Extremely poor manners.

Have you noticed that when a politician starts with the word "Look" that he is just about to tell us a pack of lies!

Les
Old 21 May 2009, 11:49 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
in my own opinion its sometimes the better the Devil you know. By reforming the HOC what difference do people think it will actually make? Politics has and always will be a crooked business.

For instance my old boss, i thought was a complete jerk so i left and got myself a new boss who turned out to be less jerkish but a complete *******. How i wish i was still working for my old jerk of a boss, least i was guarantee'd when and what my wages where gonna be.
Lesson in life young Paswan...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQfF5TTGpbQ

Old 21 May 2009, 12:42 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
personally i'd hang them all and ask Arnold Schwarzenegger to take the reins as he's done a bang up job in California
He says cannabis should be legal, and wants to open a debate about it so he gets my vote!