Why do young ladies...

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2009, 08:58 PM
zip929
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do young ladies...

...show a middle finger?
The last 2 weeks I have had 2 young girls give me a middle finger.

They were hogging the outside lane at 60mph.
I am not discourteous but I gently said move the **** over

The finger was showed as I passed.
Am I a **** or is there hope for me?
Old 16 May 2009, 09:15 PM
nixxon
Scooby Regular

I'd pay good money for that!
Old 16 May 2009, 09:20 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I had it today; Although I think it was deserved : I noted a Smart in the middle lane of the motorway at 65mph with no traffic in lane one.

So in BMW mode, I arrogantly "squeezed" her into lane 1 by comming up right behind her, overtaking at the last minute and keeping a bit too close to her door than I really should have, and cutting infront as soon as I had overtaken. A very naughty manouver, so I did get the horn and the finger when I pointed to the empty lane 1 that she was refusing to use.

Being honest its something I don't do nor condone, but being a pretty much empty motorway and just being in offish mood made me do it. If she was driving a 15ton artic I would have have thought twice, but the Smart being driven by a daft looking bint was easy fodder.

And its a manouver that moped/FWB riders and new Mini drivers do on a daily basis in rush hour traffic. So I guess it must have rubbed off. Mini owners take note next time you try driving like your in the Italian Job (especially to the men who have their hair styled by a hair dresser called Gianni/Umberto/Enrico etc ).

Last edited by ALi-B; 16 May 2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 16 May 2009, 09:25 PM
Dan Gleebits
Scooby Regular

Location: in a place where there lots of rocks to chuck at feejits

Ali, just go on the M5 and circle them..it definately stops the finger AND gets them to move over
Old 16 May 2009, 09:27 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Can't they get anything right
Old 16 May 2009, 09:39 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zip929
Who knows?

If a woman is driving like that ie, 60 in the middle lane with no traffic around, then she obviously cannot drive and should not be on the road simple.

As for the finger, maybe she just thought he were perving at her!
Old 16 May 2009, 09:46 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

There's a couple of reasons people, and more often females do this. Mainly it is lazy arrogance, with no concern for the hindrance it may cause anyone else they simply trundle along not needing to check mirrors/blind spots, indicate, pull out and repeat in reverse each time they approach another vehicle, preferring to roll along mile after mile in the middle lane. The other reason females often do this is fear. I've observed their displeasure at being overtaken by larger vehicles (lorries etc) and by hogging the middle lane they can be sure that lorries cannot overtake them, unless illegally. I'd fine them £500 a time for it, same with idiots using foglights

Trending Topics

Old 17 May 2009, 12:38 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

I blame the law. You're not allowed on the motorway as a learner, so lane discipline cannot be taught in any meaningful practical sense as part of your driver training.

Allow learner driver training on the motorway, but only in proper instructor vehicles, not in just any vehicle that displays L plates.
Old 17 May 2009, 12:45 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Agreed. Although we do teach on duals a lot, and I make sure the bu99ers get back left ASAP.
Old 17 May 2009, 01:03 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Left-lane discipline can be taught on dual carriageways, but motorways are a special case, I think. In practice, because HGVs are restricted to a lower speed than most motorway traffic, and because those vehicles are so big and intimidating to some road users, most drivers tend to avoid the left-hand lane in general driving. When the left hand lane is clear, though, it ought to be used.

MORE TRAINING NEEDED.
Old 17 May 2009, 01:30 AM
daddyscoob
Scooby Regular

sorry to go off subject slightly but ref the new Mini .... check it out next time you see one. To be fully qualified to drive one you nee to be female and blonde.

you will see other drivers but trust me if they are nor blonde females then it's not their car....
Old 17 May 2009, 01:35 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

They might be metrosexuals, replete with man-bag, hair gel, under-bottom jeans and a single, discrete, rebellious tattoo that their mums chose.
Old 17 May 2009, 09:08 AM
falkster
Scooby Regular

Had it last Sunday. Was out in the Boxster and this lad was right up my chuf in a Focus, I was travelling at the speed limit (30) and I couldnt even see his number plate and when I turned left at the roundabout the girl in the passenger side gave me the middle finger....not quite sure what I'd done.
Don't suppose they expected me to turn the car around and follow them to the next set of lights......the look on their faces when a 6'3 17 stone skinhead stepped out of a girly Boxster!!
Dont think they will do it again!!
Old 17 May 2009, 09:39 AM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by corradoboy
They might be metrosexuals, replete with man-bag, hair gel, under-bottom jeans and a single, discrete, rebellious tattoo that their mums chose.

Excellent picture in my mind after reading that

You forgot the manly 'moisturising balm' in that list though
Old 17 May 2009, 10:02 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Lol.... it think people who are lazy or not confident on motorways stick where they are for fear of some crazy youngun in scoob thrashing past them doing a tone whilst effing and blinding at them.
I agree that more training needs to be given so these people can use the motorway correctly. The test should include a few hours motorway driving.
For the record, it's not just women who drive like this.
My brother is the same, yes he is lazy but when driving on the roads he stays in the middle because he can't be bothered to move.
Old 17 May 2009, 10:08 AM
Mark Mac
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by falkster
Don't suppose they expected me to turn the car around and follow them to the next set of lights......the look on their faces when a 6'3 17 stone skinhead stepped out of a girly Boxster!!
You didn't say you were with the wife.
Old 17 May 2009, 10:19 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

FWIW, despite the law being lax on this matter, you can (and most instructors recommend that you do) book another lesson or two for after your passing your test. In this time you go over motorway etiquette and law. Or even if you don't go dr additional lessons, get a (driving) relative to take you out. Not rocket science really.

And I would also question using the term "lady" when referring to these females. Bit unfair to real ladies! LOL!
Old 17 May 2009, 10:26 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Nice one ScoobyDoo.

The problem is some daft twonks feel, yeah I am the man, I dont need lessons on the motorway...... I am free. And the same for women.... **** that, lets get down the shops, come on girls, theres a sale on at River Island!!!

It should be compulsory for all to have had time spent on the motorway before they pass their test.
Old 17 May 2009, 10:33 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Should have compulsory skid pan traning too

Would help against these feejits that can't pull away when 1mm of snow falls and then once they do get moving either crawl at a impossibly slow pace or go so fast and brake so late they have zero chance of stopping when they need to.
Old 17 May 2009, 10:38 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Haha...... get em all on the skid pan after a few lessons I say.... fi you don't **** your pants, you deserve to learn to drive!
Old 17 May 2009, 10:43 AM
chris-boris
Scooby Regular

This kind of behaviour really annoys me for a couple of reasons:

1) its illegal to undertake and yet there is ALWAYS a perfectly clear left lane to use

2) when you point out to these morons they are doing wrong (either by using the hazards when passed or flashing them) it insights all kinds of rage with swearing and gestures flying all over the place!

Does anyone else watch those police camera action type shows on tv and when they show a car weaving in and out of the traffic or tailgating (neither action do i condone or do myself) think to themselves "but look at all the people not using the inside lane"

I think, imho, that people using the middle lane incorrectly and people that travel considerably under the speed limit without good reason should get points just like speeders do. Either that or make undertaking legal like on the continent where driving standards (france excluded ) seem alot better
Old 17 May 2009, 10:51 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Cos theyre hoping youll get out and put em across your knee ?
Old 17 May 2009, 10:58 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

This annoys me too.

With having the Pug with it's short gearbox, I rarely venture over 65 on the motorways, so I'm generally always in the left lane, then middle lane overtaking lorries, the grandad brigade doing 45 etc.

The only time I will admit to driving deliberatley in the middle lane is in heavy rain a couple of times. This, because of having such a light car and the grooves lorries leave in the left lane, make said driving bloody scarey and aquaplaining more of an issue. I wouldn't do it in busy traffic, I'd simply slow right down, but if the motorway was emptyish and it was heaving it down, I'd sit in the middle lane for the above reason. Near me on M180, the left lane "lorry grooves" are terrible and you can visually see/feel them when changing lanes.

Also agree on the etiquette thing when learning to drive. I spent 10 months taking my time back in '05-'06 learning to drive and there was no emphasis on anything greater than 2 lane carriage ways. It's daft, and makes no bloody sense. I think there should be a mandatory scenario in place, as mentioned above.
Old 17 May 2009, 11:04 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

It is illegal to flip the bird at another driver here, if you do and they have a witness in their car and report you to the police you will get done for it. Also coming up behind a car and flashing your headlights is also illegal and if the police see you then you get done for it.
Old 17 May 2009, 11:16 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had it last Sunday. Was out in the Boxster and this lad was right up my chuf in a Focus, I was travelling at the speed limit (30) and I couldnt even see his number plate and when I turned left at the roundabout the girl in the passenger side gave me the middle finger....not quite sure what I'd done.

so why are you in a girlie Boxster ?
Old 17 May 2009, 11:25 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zip929
...show a middle finger?
The last 2 weeks I have had 2 young girls give me a middle finger.

They were hogging the outside lane at 60mph.
I am not discourteous but I gently said move the **** over

The finger was showed as I passed.
These days they probably think its a polite way of saying sorry!

Les
Old 17 May 2009, 11:36 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Leslie
These days they probably think its a polite way of saying sorry!

Les
LOL That's the way I like to treat it: Giving a smile and friendly wave to acknowledge it
Old 17 May 2009, 12:51 PM
falkster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
so why are you in a girlie Boxster ?
Cos its what the wife wanted. I drive it when we go out because Sarah hates to drive with me in the car.....she says she gets all nervous, turning into a s**t driver and thus causing me to b0ll0ck her.
Old 17 May 2009, 01:03 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Cos its what the wife wanted. I drive it when we go out because Sarah hates to drive with me in the car.....she says she gets all nervous, turning into a s**t driver and thus causing me to b0ll0ck her.

I have the same "alledged" effect.

Of course its nothing to do with them being sh*t in the first place; just there is nobody in the passenger seat to point out their mistakes/lack of brain engagement.

Quick Reply: Why do young ladies...