Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Little chav with void insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2009, 03:34 PM
WayneG555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little chav with void insurance?

Hey guys, looking for a bit of advice here

There's a little chav in my town who drives round in a modified saxo and by modified i mean drove into a halfords store! I'm all for modifying your car but this thing is just hideous, huge body kit, bake bean can of an exhaust and wheels so big they wont turn properly! To top it all off it looks like its about to all fall of!

Anyway to the point! He is one of the worst drivers i have ever seen, he speeds every where, cuts people up and is generally just a tit! The final straw this week was coming down my road (cul-de-sac) at what must have been 30, he couldn't stop in time went over the curb and onto my lawn. I know 3 people other than my self have reported him to the police but they all got the same answer as me. Thanks for the info but unless we catch him in the act we cant do anything. To top it off i heard him at work (yes i have the pleasure of working with great people like this) yesterday bragging about how he got his insurance so cheap because he hasn't declared any modifications.

Is there anything i can do about this? He's really annoyed me (and the whole street) and the police seem to not care. I was thinking of informing his insurance and just mentioning all the modifications. Childish maybe but he has really go me worked up! I work hard so i can modify my car and insure it and little idiots like this seem to get away with it.

Well sorry about the rant but hopefully someone will have a good suggestion!
Old 15 May 2009, 03:43 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

How about find out where he lives, then do some damage to his car, smug in the knowledge that he won't be able to make an insurance claim as they will find him out

Geezer
Old 15 May 2009, 03:46 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Take a picture of the car showing the number plate and forward it to the insurance co with all the details. Insurance probably wont do anything since they've already received his cash. If he has an accident, they won't pay out. Win win for the insurance co.
Old 15 May 2009, 03:48 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Have you toldthe police that you have heard him stating that he has void insurance?

Are there skidmarks on your lawn? Perhaps you could complain for criminal damage?

Last edited by subaruturbo_18; 15 May 2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 15 May 2009, 03:53 PM
WayneG555
Scooby Regular

I have to say i was thinking of doing something to the car but its not worth getting a criminal record over! No there was no skid marks on the lawn so cant do that either. I have photos of it and would love to report him but i dont know who he is insured with, is there anyway of finding out? I dont really want to ask at work as his family are quite high up there so if it did get back to me things could get hard!
Old 15 May 2009, 03:58 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

askMID

But I don't think they actually give out which insurance company though

Shaun
Old 15 May 2009, 03:59 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just noticed........will cost £3.50

Trending Topics

Old 15 May 2009, 04:01 PM
WayneG555
Scooby Regular

great website there Midlife! It does say if i pay 3.50 i can find out who its with. Might be worth it, just dont want them finding out who asked!
Old 15 May 2009, 04:12 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I spoke to some foreign lad once who when I asked how much his insurance was on his EVO2 he just shrugged and said waht insurance - he was so blase' about it I was shocked.

Thought about reporting him but then saw him pushing it into Tesco car park with smoke pouring out of it so I don't think it was going much further