Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Skyline GTR R33 - Should I or Shouldn't I?

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2002, 10:25 AM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi guys,
As a fair few of you already know, my pride and joy was taken from me in January courtousy of a lady piling into me at a standstill.
The insurance is virtually complete and I will be recieving 7.5K back for here next week. I have saved an additional 3K and was looking for Scooby Doo MkII, but am getting swayed over to the dark side somewhat.
Eventually, I was planning to go onto a Skyline, as it is somewhat deemed as natural progression on here.
I am contemplating going that extra mile and stumping up about 15K tops to get a skyline. N/P reg is pretty likely at this money.

What I am after folks is some advice on whether you think that I would be better off jumping straight to one of these, what to look out for, servicing etc.

All info gratefully received.

Cheers,

Nick

Old 03 March 2002, 12:59 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

This is the daddy of Japanese cars... Buy the most modified car you can afford! The standard R33 really isn't that fast and getting power cost a small fortune (ask spudgun).

Servicing is cheaper than scoobys Hiteq charge £75 for 6k service, £150 for 12k and £225 for the 24k

Insurance is about the same as import impreza's, quite reasonable (tescos certainly are for me).

Fuel Consumptions should be similar to impreza's on a journey due to the longer gearing, but worse around town...

Anyway I'm collecting my lovely HKS R33GTR this week

Mail me offline if you want to chat about skylines or check the friendly folks on www.gtr.co.uk

- Jon
Old 03 March 2002, 01:03 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Smile

Jon, you sir are a gent and a scholar

Those are the sorts of figures for servicing that I like to see.

The last service for the Scoob cost me the almost 1K , mind you I did get braided hoses, Dlack Diamond Cross/vent discs all round and green/red stuff etc... God knows how much every Skyline service will cost me then!

Thanks,

Nick

Just got to figure out which bank to robe to get the other 5K!