Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Thomas Cook Questionaires :)

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2009, 01:40 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thomas Cook Questionaires :)

This was sent from Thomas Cook Holidays - listing some of the guests' complaints during the season.
(Survey by Thomas Cook and ABTA)

"I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."

"It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time - this should be banned."

"On my holiday to Goa in India , I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."

"We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels."

A tourist at a top African game lodge overlooking a waterhole, who spotted a visibly aroused elephant, complained that the sight of this rampant beast ruined his honeymoon by making him feel "inadequate".

A woman threatened to call police after claiming that she'd been locked in by staff. When in fact, she had mistaken the "do not disturb" sign on the back of the door as a warning to remain in the room.

"The beach was too sandy."

"We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white."

A guest at a Novotel in Australia complained his soup was too thick and strong. He was inadvertently slurping the gravy at the time.

"Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday w as ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women."

"We bought 'Ray-Ban' sunglasses for five Euros (£3.50) from a street trader, only to find out they were fake."

"No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."

"It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England it only took the Americans three hours to get home."

"I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends' three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller."

"The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the accommodation'. We're trainee hairdressers - will we be OK staying here?"

"There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners."

"We had to queue outside with no air conditioning."

"It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."

"I was bitten by a mosquito - no-one said they could bite."

"My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

Old 05 May 2009, 02:45 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the last one !
Old 05 May 2009, 02:55 PM
Will
BANNED

Old 05 May 2009, 03:14 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

One would like to think these are all just wind ups, however I doubt they are, some people really are like that.
Old 06 May 2009, 11:09 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I enjoyed reading them.

Les
Old 06 May 2009, 12:34 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

lmao, how stupid are some people!
Old 06 May 2009, 01:20 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Leslie
I enjoyed reading them.

Les

You are very welcome

Trending Topics

Old 06 May 2009, 07:32 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Nice find Swiss, some crackers there.
Old 06 May 2009, 07:53 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Makes me embarrassed to be English whilst on holiday - I always distance myself from these amoeba.

Very funny though - would be even funnier if they had a shred of fiction about them....
Old 07 May 2009, 12:45 PM
SPG
Scooby Regular

Brilliant!

I used to work for a tour operator, it never ceased to amaze me about the amount of complaints and what they were complaining about.

Highlights of my time there was the person who complained the tiolet was "too low" in her en-suite and the blind lady who complained she did'nt have a sea view room!

I also remember the lady who said to me, "we had a brilliant time, we could'nt find anything to complain about" it's as if they go on these holidays looking for things to upset them!
Old 07 May 2009, 02:01 PM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

Certainly brightened up my day - thanks Swiss

Love hearing the stupid Brits complaining abroad - moaning about ridiculous things like only allowing plastic cups by the pool................der?
Old 07 May 2009, 05:34 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done that man