Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Sneaky

Sneaky speed trap snapped by reader - Lancashire Evening Post

Old 24 April 2009, 10:55 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

cant read that sign does it say "kuntz behind here"?
Old 24 April 2009, 10:57 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

"Join the '3 Points Club', only £65"
Old 24 April 2009, 10:59 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

Well even the Police are in the rescession..........

The christmas party must go on....................
Old 25 April 2009, 09:26 AM
spireite
BANNED

I would have photographed it, pulled over and asked the officer if he realised he was breaching the code of practice .Then i would have told him i had a photograph of his sneaky tactics and was going no send them to the local and national press , im sure that would have ruined the rest of his day
Old 25 April 2009, 09:51 AM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I don't care what they hide behind ..... if you don't speed it really doesn't matter, does it?
Old 25 April 2009, 09:56 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Its a matter of British principles Pete.

Les

Trending Topics

Old 25 April 2009, 10:04 AM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

Cameras should be a visible deterent, hiding like that doesn't slow anybody down, merely lines the pockets of the 'safety' camera partnerships.

There are 3 or 4 mobile camera vans in Dorset, to be fair to them, 85% of the places that they sit at are proven accident blackspots. The other 15% of sites are made up of requests from residents where they think speeding is an issue.

My gripe is that the partnerships only work from approx 7am to 7pm, so they catch commuters on the way to and from work (soft targets), but almost completely ignore the max power brigade later in the evening that drive like utter *****.
Old 25 April 2009, 10:05 AM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Its a matter of British principles Pete.

Les
What about the good old British thing, "Don't break the Law?"
Old 25 April 2009, 10:10 AM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by G00ner
Cameras should be a visible deterent, hiding like that doesn't slow anybody down, merely lines the pockets of the 'safety' camera partnerships.
Just the fact that speeding is a contributory factor in some deaths should make you slow down ..... not the fact that there is a camera visible.

I don't line their pockets, as I try to keep to the limit ... only once have I been caught speeding. I ranted and I raved about it to the Chief Constable as I thought I was a 'soft target' on the 'school run'. He wrote me a letter back saying that the only 'soft target' he was concerned about was that of a childs body.

Point taken, point understood, point acted upon ...... slow down!
Old 25 April 2009, 10:35 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

in cambs they publish the daily whereabouts on the local police website
Old 25 April 2009, 10:49 AM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

total agreement,

dont speed, guess what - no points.

i suspect on a perfomance car forum that alot of people are boy racers,

the best deterent is to have kids, its suprrising how your habits change,
Old 25 April 2009, 11:05 AM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Maturity has a lot to do with it .... the desire to somehow 'prove to others' becomes insignificant as you grow wiser - just be true to yourself.
Old 25 April 2009, 11:10 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Derbyshire Police use a blue 'workmans' van and North Wales use a horse box to hide one of their cameras

Derbyshire Police own up over sneaky speed camera - Motorcycle News
Old 25 April 2009, 07:22 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
Just the fact that speeding is a contributory factor in some deaths should make you slow down ..... not the fact that there is a camera visible.
If the camera is visible, then it's very presence will slow people down, isn't that the point?

The weather is a contributory factor in some deaths, does that mean you don't drive/rarely drive when it's wet?

I have a clean licence and kept it clean even whilst I went through my Subaru phase.
Old 25 April 2009, 07:32 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

But people still moan about gatzos.

Stick to the speed limits or accept the fact that you take a chance when you speed
Old 25 April 2009, 07:36 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gordon Broon

I don't line their pockets, as I try to keep to the limit ... only once have I been caught speeding. I ranted and I raved about it to the Chief Constable as I thought I was a 'soft target' on the 'school run'. He wrote me a letter back saying that the only 'soft target' he was concerned about was that of a childs body.

Point taken, point understood, point acted upon ...... slow down!
EFA
Old 25 April 2009, 07:48 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Angry

Just the fact that speeding is a contributory factor in some deaths should make you slow down
Smoking is a contributory factor in 66 times as many deaths each year, but the government still allow tobacco to be sold. Alcohol is fast catching smoking, but their legislation is just for show so they look like they're addressing the problem whilst still raking in the tax. Foofing hypocrites ! If people want to take risks and have fun, let them. If that risk could endanger others then it becomes wrong, and usually only age and experience provide the wisdom to discern whether this is becoming so. We used to have experience, wise and discerning traffic officers whom could exercise this diligence, instead of uncompromising automated revenue generation.

It galls me when some cutesy little girl is shown mangled on an advert spouting that if we were going slower she might have lived. If she'd been taught the Highway Code and Green Cross Code properly by her parents and the schools she might not have been stood in the middle of the foofing road ! Like all the idiot hoodie wearing BMX pillocks I see widdle-@r$ing around half blinded by their clothing, deafened by their MP3 player and/or phone, and having never seen a copy of the Highway Code, yet fully entitled to mix it with everything from pedestrians to 42 tonne trucks on roads with up to 70mph limits. No training, no experience, no qualification, no insurance, no foofing clue, and never to blame when they inevitably get squashed

If we are going to have over-zealous enforcement of road traffic law, then make it across the board. ALL laws for ALL road users ! Don't just pick on the easy target with the ID plainly visible front and back and almost certain financial backing, whether personal or insurance based.

I'm off to breath now, and maybe run over a cyclist
Old 25 April 2009, 07:57 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Smoking is a contributory factor in 66 times as many deaths each year, but the government still allow tobacco to be sold. Alcohol is fast catching smoking, but their legislation is just for show so they look like they're addressing the problem whilst still raking in the tax. Foofing hypocrites ! If people want to take risks and have fun, let them. If that risk could endanger others then it becomes wrong, and usually only age and experience provide the wisdom to discern whether this is becoming so. We used to have experience, wise and discerning traffic officers whom could exercise this diligence, instead of uncompromising automated revenue generation.

It galls me when some cutesy little girl is shown mangled on an advert spouting that if we were going slower she might have lived. If she'd been taught the Highway Code and Green Cross Code properly by her parents and the schools she might not have been stood in the middle of the foofing road ! Like all the idiot hoodie wearing BMX pillocks I see widdle-@r$ing around half blinded by their clothing, deafened by their MP3 player and/or phone, and having never seen a copy of the Highway Code, yet fully entitled to mix it with everything from pedestrians to 42 tonne trucks on roads with up to 70mph limits. No training, no experience, no qualification, no insurance, no foofing clue, and never to blame when they inevitably get squashed

If we are going to have over-zealous enforcement of road traffic law, then make it across the board. ALL laws for ALL road users ! Don't just pick on the easy target with the ID plainly visible front and back and almost certain financial backing, whether personal or insurance based.

I'm off to breath now, and maybe run over a cyclist
Post of the week by a non PC brigade realist
Old 25 April 2009, 08:10 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

If I am ever politically correct, I give you all the permission to shoot me in the face
Old 25 April 2009, 08:19 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Avoiding killing a child, by slowing down and abiding by the law is not PC ...... it is a mature, grown up attitude.
Old 25 April 2009, 08:26 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Avoiding killing many children by ensuring they are adequately educated of the dangers out there sounds a good idea too though. Do you know how many of my clients even own a copy of the Highway Code prior to starting lessons, let alone how many ever actually bother to read it ? NONE ! They buy a DVD from Morrisons and click away hoping they get an average score which will get them their H&T Test pass, sod learning it ! The fact that they are happier to sit for many hours farting around playing a game, instead of maybe 2 hours max actually reading the bloody book and knowing ALL the answers and maybe some of the theory behind the training is beyond them. The fact that they have managed to survive to 17yo without getting mangled under a truck I suppose means the road safety policy works though
Old 25 April 2009, 08:27 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Avoiding killing a child, by slowing down and abiding by the law is not PC ...... it is a mature, grown up attitude.
Believing that speed is the benficial factor of road deaths is a clouded opinion.

Abiding by the law could also technically kill someone seriously injured by speed. I can and will explain if necessary.
Old 25 April 2009, 08:28 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Not quite sure what you are saying??

Are you saying it is OK to speed?
Old 25 April 2009, 08:33 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Not quite sure what you are saying??

Are you saying it is OK to speed?
I'm saying abiding by the law could potentially kill someone, in the same vain that someone speeding could kill someone.

Depends if you are thinking literally or laterally.
Old 25 April 2009, 08:41 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I'm sure that the car thief who steals your car will be thinking 'laterally' when he considers that he should also have access to your vehicle ..... that will, of course, be perfectly OK to you then??
Old 25 April 2009, 08:59 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I'm sure that the car thief who steals your car will be thinking 'laterally' when he considers that he should also have access to your vehicle ..... that will, of course, be perfectly OK to you then??
No, if you were driving your own car, and you technically broke the law while driving.

Last edited by chocolate_o_brian; 25 April 2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 25 April 2009, 09:07 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

'Technically' broke the Law .... is that different to 'Actually' breaking the law??

I think not!
Old 25 April 2009, 09:24 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

'Technically' broke the Law .... is that different to 'Actually' breaking the law??

I think not!
Ok, actually then, as my example is actually breaking the law Pete
Old 25 April 2009, 09:28 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Will one of you get to the point

Quick Reply: Sneaky