Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

violence against women and girls home office consultation

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2009, 09:28 AM
bullitt_Lynz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default violence against women and girls home office consultation

on the back of the men hitting women thread, could i please ask you for your help and opinions?

I was recently given a rather smashing leaflet from a nice lady about a new public consultation about ending violence against women and girls, i've sent the link onto lots of my friends to complete, please if you are interested in taking part in this survey, visit Violence against women | Home Office

The survey is for everyone (male and female) and takes about 5 mins to complete

Thanks!
Old 21 April 2009, 09:50 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Whilst I do not like violence (and in fact used to be hit off my ex) I do not think punishment should be any different between hitting a guy or hitting a woman..... a lot of women think they can go crazy on a guy and can hide behind the 'I am a woman.... they can not touch me' myth
Old 21 April 2009, 09:59 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
Whilst I do not like violence (and in fact used to be hit off my ex) I do not think punishment should be any different between hitting a guy or hitting a woman..... a lot of women think they can go crazy on a guy and can hide behind the 'I am a woman.... they can not touch me' myth
exactly, if they would just do as they were told we wouldn't get into kerfuffles!
Old 21 April 2009, 10:15 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
exactly, if they would just do as they were told we wouldn't get into kerfuffles!
Yup, now then, what do you say to a woman with two black eyes?

Nothing, she's been told twice already
Old 21 April 2009, 10:16 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 21 April 2009, 10:23 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

So now what the **** are we meant to do with them?

Most are too large for the naughty step
Old 21 April 2009, 10:58 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Well I for one have completed the survey, bit biased in places, but there you go. This is the Goverment we're talking about!
Old 21 April 2009, 10:59 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
Well I for one have completed the survey, bit biased in places, but there you go. This is the Goverment we're talking about!
Chances are written by a disabled lesbian...and she was on the rag!
Old 21 April 2009, 11:06 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Probably, you know what us public sector workers are like, lol!
Old 21 April 2009, 12:04 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I know its old fashioned, but I still think it is wrong for a man to hit a woman.

Les
Old 21 April 2009, 01:21 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Quote: "40% of victims of serious sexual assault tell nobody"

How do they know?
Old 21 April 2009, 01:36 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

I know (and know of) a fair few women like that, and to be honest you can spot them a mile of, so I think that if a bloke goes and gets involved with that sort of woman, he's made his own bed

Just as I also believe that all those deluded idiot women who go throwing themselves at so called 'bad lads' in the belief that they can change them are more than a touch responsible for the inevitably violent consequences
Old 21 April 2009, 01:42 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

It's really no wonder society is like it is reading some of these comments!
Old 21 April 2009, 01:44 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Old 21 April 2009, 02:12 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Clare.... do you think it is ok for a woman to smack a guy?

do you think it is ok for a guy to smack a woman?
Old 21 April 2009, 02:31 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I am happy to watch girls smacking girls, mud wrestling wenches are good to. Lesbians - i have all their films, well the films with the pretty ones anyway, not the ugly munters who cannot get a bloke and deffo none in dunagrees!

Last edited by The Zohan; 21 April 2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 21 April 2009, 02:46 PM
New_scooby_04

Jokes aside,

Violence is unnacceptable generally, it very rarely achieves anything and more often than not just causes a load more grief for all concerned.

If it's used in a relationship; it's time to get out - there is no excuse for it, whether the perpetrator is male or female. It is often viewed as being more heinous when a male is attacking a female as, more often than not, the female is simply not as well physically empowered to defend themselves, which makes the act more cowardly than were it the woman attacking the man. Either way, it is stilll not acceptable.

Genuine self-defence is another matter, and I'm afriad if you instigate a violent confrontation, you can't expect much sympathy if you come out worse, male or female. If you live by the sword, you die by it. That said, I would expect a real man to show approproiate restraint in his actions if attacked by a woman; it's not simply a licence to "teach them a lesson"

Real men rarely, if ever, have to use their fists IMHO! And call me old fashioned if you will but women fighting is about as unlady-like as one can get!

Ns04

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 21 April 2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 21 April 2009, 03:11 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Jokes aside,

Real men rarely, if ever, have to use their fists IMHO! And call me old fashioned if you will but women fighting is about as unlady-like as one can get!

Ns04
Speaking with an ambulance driver/paramedic a week or two back and he was saying that a lot of the female casualties he sees are women who are drunk and have been fighting with men or other females, he said over the last 15 years or so it has increased and now pretty much all of the call-outs for females under 25 involve drink and/or drugs and violence!

Would i hit a woman, no, but then again, if she was a threat to me or my family and left with little choice i would push her very firmly away until i wasn't left with any other options, as a last resort maybe, yes!

It will always depend on the circumstances and situation at the time. I do not think you can never, ever say categorically 'NO'

A year or so back our daughter was taken into hospital with a allergic reaction, the ambulance driver paramedic (different one) at the time said that is made a change to attend a child who was not ill/injured as a result of drink or drugs, even youngsters 9+ year olds. I know the emergency services often see the worse side of humanity and human nature but even so our society has some real problems and problem people that it needs to address and address soon!

Chavs and chavvy behaviour is a blight on this country and should be dealt with hard and fast!
Old 21 April 2009, 04:15 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Jerome
Quote: "40% of victims of serious sexual assault tell nobody"

How do they know?
9 out of 10 people enjoy gang rape...
Old 21 April 2009, 04:42 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

No, I don't think any violence is acceptable, but it happens. The fact that 1 woman a week dies through domestic violence, I think it is not something that should be laughed about it. When someone gets raped, do you laugh and think that because they were walking at night they deserved it? Likewise, a bloke walking out late at night deserves to be mugged?

Sorry I took so long to reply, but I do have work to do. I was seeing a client who 2 weeks ago couldn't write her name cos her boyfriend twisted her arm up her back... She obviously deserves it and I've tried talking to her
Old 21 April 2009, 04:49 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

She obviously deserves it and I've tried talking to her
That's a shocking attitude to have
Old 21 April 2009, 05:08 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

No, I don't think any violence is acceptable, but it happens. The fact that 1 woman a week dies through domestic violence, I think it is not something that should be laughed about it. When someone gets raped, do you laugh and think that because they were walking at night they deserved it? Likewise, a bloke walking out late at night deserves to be mugged?

Sorry I took so long to reply, but I do have work to do. I was seeing a client who 2 weeks ago couldn't write her name cos her boyfriend twisted her arm up her back... She obviously deserves it and I've tried talking to her
Who was laughing???? I certianly wasnt..... I used to become very upset when my ex hit me and was in tears sometimes.... I had to cry because it was a case of cry and get over it or get angry and kick **** out of her.

Anyway I left.......... but I now believe that both women and men should be treated equally and if a blokes punches me he will suffer the consequence and if a woman punches me then she will suffer the consequences...... act like an animal and get treated like one
Old 21 April 2009, 05:38 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Speaking with an ambulance driver/paramedic a week or two back and he was saying that a lot of the female casualties he sees are women who are drunk and have been fighting with men or other females, he said over the last 15 years or so it has increased and now pretty much all of the call-outs for females under 25 involve drink and/or drugs and violence!
Sad isn't it! Regrettably, government statistics show that women being involved in anti-social conduct has risen dramatically over the last decade

Would i hit a woman, no, but then again, if she was a threat to me or my family and left with little choice i would push her very firmly away until i wasn't left with any other options, as a last resort maybe, yes!

It will always depend on the circumstances and situation at the time. I do not think you can never, ever say categorically 'NO'
Hence my proviso about genuine self defence and women who instigate violent confrontations not getting much sympathy if they end up the loser.

Chavs and chavvy behaviour is a blight on this country and should be dealt with hard and fast!
Couldn't agree more. I don't think I'm being melodramatic when I say that it's a cancer on our society and we need firm and unapologetic action against the culprits and and example to the rest of the nation!
Old 21 April 2009, 07:03 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Who was laughing???? I certianly wasnt..... I used to become very upset when my ex hit me and was in tears sometimes.... I had to cry because it was a case of cry and get over it or get angry and kick **** out of her.

Anyway I left.......... but I now believe that both women and men should be treated equally and if a blokes punches me he will suffer the consequence and if a woman punches me then she will suffer the consequences...... act like an animal and get treated like one
I didn't say you were laughing, but some people on this thread are making fun of a serious issue. I am sorry your ex used to hit you, like I said we should all be treated fairly. Most deaths through domestic violence are women, so that is what the focus is on in general, though the One Show did have a piece recently highlighting domestic violence with men as victims.

By the way, comparing domestic violence to drunk women (and men) on a Friday or Saturday night out in a town near you, is hardly comparing like for like, is it?
Old 21 April 2009, 07:35 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

By the way, comparing domestic violence to drunk women (and men) on a Friday or Saturday night out in a town near you, is hardly comparing like for like, is it?
I know a couple, just split in fact . she used to get hammered at home on a saturday night and when he got home (often from the bookies or pub) used to pick a fight which sometimes ended in violence, she has a short temper and aggressive personality, she has been involved in fights with neighbours and i do mean fight.

Now if the Police was called then it was the chap who got arrested and a night in the cells.

Violence against women is deplorable, sadly in some cases unavoidable.

It is not always black and white Clare.

Last edited by The Zohan; 21 April 2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 21 April 2009, 07:37 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

It is not always black and white Clare.
Don't bring racism into this debate
Old 21 April 2009, 08:39 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Don't bring racism into this debate
I am not racist - i hate everyone equally!
Old 21 April 2009, 08:44 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

I am not racist - i hate everyone equally!
Old 21 April 2009, 09:03 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Paul, exactly the same could be said for a man doing that to a woman. What is your point?

Quick Reply: violence against women and girls home office consultation