Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

You can't use your phone whilst driving....

Search this Thread

Old 15 April 2009, 06:37 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You can't use your phone whilst driving....

....but as just shown on "Traffic cops", a policeman can drive at 90mph plus, operate dashmounted equipment that captures data on speeding drivers whilst talking to a camera crew

I surely can't be the only person to find this funny!
Old 15 April 2009, 06:58 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

four words for ya mate....

Tea bag his bonnet!!!! Ha ha ha.
Old 15 April 2009, 07:11 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

yeah mate but a police is not YOU! they have different rules to you and I.
Old 15 April 2009, 08:19 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tarmac terror
four words for ya mate....

Tea bag his bonnet!!!! Ha ha ha.

I see u follow my work
Old 16 April 2009, 11:41 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
....but as just shown on "Traffic cops", a policeman can drive at 90mph plus, operate dashmounted equipment that captures data on speeding drivers whilst talking to a camera crew

Or when they are in pursuit, and the driver is busy talking into his radio while doing 90mph in 30mph zones. Even though the passenger could be doing that.

Forgot...... They're specially trained

They are also "Specially" trained to hold a laser gun without moving a millimetre, and giving a false reading.

Remember the cops issuing speeding tickets to WRC drivers, stating that only the Police are "Specially" trained to control a car above the National speed limits.

That coper who mowed down that 15 year old girl doing 90mph in a 30mph zone at night without sirens or flashing lights, was "Specially" trained too.

Last edited by stilover; 16 April 2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 16 April 2009, 12:02 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

I hate this, it really pisses me off.

Its just like the **** on road wars who swears his head off in the police car, but when he gets out, anyone who swears anywhere near him is nicked, i hate that bald tw@ with a passion, he is the worst example of the double standards the bunch of ******* that is the police force have come to take for granted!

ALL coppers are ******* IMO!
Old 16 April 2009, 12:11 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
That coper who mowed down that 15 year old girl doing 90mph in a 30mph zone at night without sirens or flashing lights, was "Specially" trained too.
The police around my way are rediculous for speeding, (although i've never felt there wrath yet, they've always been A1 to talk too) I have seen them doing approx 50 in 30's 60 in 40's, lighting up the blues and twos dodging and diving to get a good bit up the road then just slide back into traffic and have also had them swing round and tailgate me up a 30mph trying to push me over the speed limit.

Trending Topics

Old 16 April 2009, 12:17 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

tailgate me up a 30mph trying to push me over the speed limit.
I had a couple of the tossers do that to me in the inside lane of a 50 mph dual carriageway, they must have been 3' off my bumper! I so wanted to slam the anchors on the B@stards, but know they'd have swung it so I got done and they got off as usual!

90% of them are power crazed, corrupt, wife beaters!
Old 16 April 2009, 12:20 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

the funny thing about it Tam was the stretch of road i was on, i passed them less than a minute before hand, so they had to go past me, swing round then race up the road to catch me. Defo weren't doing 30mph to catch up with me.
Old 16 April 2009, 12:26 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

...and have also had them swing round and tailgate me up a 30mph trying to push me over the speed limit.
I get this so much round my way. A right pain the the @rse. It's always just some normal patrol car though and not traffic that tend to harrasse me. I just do the same as I do to anyone else who fancies parking in my boot, slow right down and they soon bugger off. If that doesn't work then coming to a halt, (safely of course, but cats running into the road are difficult to see and don't give much warning ) and then carrying on seems to do the trick.
Old 16 April 2009, 12:29 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

the funny thing about it Tam was the stretch of road i was on, i passed them less than a minute before hand, so they had to go past me, swing round then race up the road to catch me. Defo weren't doing 30mph to catch up with me.
Sounds about right! The annoying thing for me was the outside lane was clear so they could easily have past me, but they wanted to annoy me till the point that I'd speed up so they could hit me with a ticket!

When our local force got their shiny new, unmarked camera bike, they got many bikers by goading them in to a race, as soon as the bikers hit the throttle, they were pulled over and done!
Old 16 April 2009, 12:38 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

I used to swear that if i ever won the lottery and had time on my hands, i would follow richard brunstrom home and film him if he went 1mph over the limit, then sell it to the papers!

My big question for today is (quoting lisa simpson) " who polices the police?"

Instead of an ex copper running it, maybe someone liike me should run the police complaints comission (or whatever its called), they wouldnt be able to buy me, and i would take great pleasure in coming down hard on all the complete clowns who think cos they are coppers they can do what they like.

That bloke doing 90 in a 30 would be in jail for a long time, and the **** on roadwars would be watched like a hawk, and as soon as i had a reason he would be fired!

The police are here to serve us, not act like playground bullies, then when it all goes wrong, cover up for each other!
Old 16 April 2009, 12:41 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
Sounds about right! The annoying thing for me was the outside lane was clear so they could easily have past me, but they wanted to annoy me till the point that I'd speed up so they could hit me with a ticket!

When our local force got their shiny new, unmarked camera bike, they got many bikers by goading them in to a race, as soon as the bikers hit the throttle, they were pulled over and done!
They shouldnt be alolowed to goad people into a race, if i saw that happening i would film said police bike and sell the story to the papers, as well as writing to the highest copper in the land to tell him this underhanded tactic is for spineless tw@s, as well as illegal (entrapment?)
Old 16 April 2009, 01:46 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

The police are here to serve us, not act like playground bullies, then when it all goes wrong, cover up for each other!
To quote something in a documentry I heard: The law is only there to serve the people within the legal system.

Same for the police, they're job first and formost is to 'police' the people and then protect ishtfaces in goverment from we the people.

But give it time, already the whole institution is falling apart on a daily basis, goverment is being shown up for what it is, a group of lying ***** and pretty soon you're gonna see the ordinary person standing up and revolting in their community, city and state... which will give us martial law!

They are not all plonkers, the institution they work for is screwed up
Old 16 April 2009, 01:48 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

They are considerably more equal than you Jamz!

Les
Old 16 April 2009, 02:06 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Humberside police have an un-marked Hayabusa or similar... just to go bait bikers !

I find them all charming myself, but it always will stink of double standards.

Yesterday watched a "****" in a camera van on TV admit he'd been done for speeding himself. LOL

dunx
Old 16 April 2009, 06:00 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
You must have a really large chip on both your shoulders!

Change the record.....

Didn't fail the selection procedure at one point and now work as a security guard do you?
Old 16 April 2009, 06:29 PM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Personally I think its hillarious that you cant use a mobile while driving but its ok to stare at a 5 inch dash mounted LCD screen showing you which way to turn.
Old 16 April 2009, 06:38 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JONNY_693
Personally I think its hillarious that you cant use a mobile while driving but its ok to stare at a 5 inch dash mounted LCD screen showing you which way to turn.
Very different things imho. I compare looking at satnav to glancing at any of my mirrors. Then again, doing some prep for your journey helps. Plus, it reads out what I need to do so I don't need to look at it anyway.
I know what you're saying but it seems to generally be people who can't drive for **** in the first place whose crud driving is then amplified by any and all environmental distractions. Maybe using satnav should be part of the test now, pmsl
Old 16 April 2009, 08:26 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

They shouldnt be alolowed to goad people into a race, if i saw that happening i would film said police bike and sell the story to the papers, as well as writing to the highest copper in the land to tell him this underhanded tactic is for spineless tw@s, as well as illegal (entrapment?)
And just to show how underhanded they're prepared to be to get the brownie points, today in the news there's this interesting article! Police deny sneaky speed camera tactics | stv News

How on earth they can possibly get an accurate reading using it like that!?! Probably impossible, anyone done in that area should have the fines/points refunded/scrapped!!
Old 17 April 2009, 08:31 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

I hate this, it really pisses me off.

Its just like the **** on road wars who swears his head off in the police car, but when he gets out, anyone who swears anywhere near him is nicked, i hate that bald tw@ with a passion, he is the worst example of the double standards the bunch of ******* that is the police force have come to take for granted!

My brother in Law is part of SO19, he has several commendations including one for saving the lives of a young mother and baby from a knife wielding maniac, holding the woman and child and threatening to cut their throats. He didn't tell us about it, it was one of his work mates who did (pub visit), he does not like to brag or worry his wife about what he does.

He tackled the bloke and wrestled him to the ground as the man was getting agitated and unpredictable and the incident escalating.

He's a ****** is he?

He is not the only one prepared to risk his safety, cops regularly risk their lives or injury to protect people just like you.

Get a grip with your sweeping, immature and idiotic comments

Last edited by The Zohan; 17 April 2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 17 April 2009, 08:45 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Your right I think in the middle of any pursuit or on the way to any emergency when a member of anyone on heres family could be at potential risk the police should stop there cars everytime they need to make an update. They should not be allowed to use the radio or any of the equipment they go through hours of pain staking training to use.

They should stop every 30 meters or so to update, If it takes an extra hour to get somewhere so be it, At least they didnt use there radios, If a few people die, a few robbers get away, A couple of rapists here and there do get detected no big deal..... Whats important here is the police dont use there radios whilst driving.

I think you have all made a very educated well thought out argument. I have now changed my opinion, Before I thought I would want the Police to RESPOND to emergencies, but not anymore oh no sir. I want them to drive at the speed limit, Not using any of there life saving equipment. Make perfect sense.
Old 17 April 2009, 08:53 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

so the police are trained to talk to a camera crew whilst on an emergency call out?
Old 17 April 2009, 08:56 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Im in no argument anymore you are right. They should do nothing to make progress. After all as civilians we are not trained to talk to passengers whilst driving, and of course not one of do it, That would be a double standard.
Old 17 April 2009, 09:07 AM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

There may be some circumstances that the driver has to use the radio etc but when there are two coppers in the car it shouldn’t be allowed
You see it time and time again on interceptors and road wars
Old 17 April 2009, 10:50 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I have a matey who has fitted a fake camera to the inside of his car (from the inside of the roof like the filth have)...... when he sees any coppers being w4nkers he simply points the turns the camera round in their direction and they suddenly change their behaviour..... he did get stopped once but he just told them to sling it unless they want the 'tape' to be sent to the papers.
Old 17 April 2009, 10:53 AM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
I have a matey who has fitted a fake camera to the inside of his car (from the inside of the roof like the filth have)...... when he sees any coppers being w4nkers he simply points the turns the camera round in their direction and they suddenly change their behaviour..... he did get stopped once but he just told them to sling it unless they want the 'tape' to be sent to the papers.
That's so cool, I want one!!

Although it could always backfire, I'm sure.
Old 17 April 2009, 11:03 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
I believe that the Police driver trainers from that officers force went to court and stated that he was in no way driving in accordance with his training, and they also stated his driving was dangerous.
Old 17 April 2009, 01:34 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
You must have a really large chip on both your shoulders!

Change the record.....

Didn't fail the selection procedure at one point and now work as a security guard do you?
Yes...... at aldi

I would never even consider applying, infact when i was 22 i ditched a quite good looking irish bird cos she applied to the police and got in!
Old 17 April 2009, 01:42 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
My brother in Law is part of SO19, he has several commendations including one for saving the lives of a young mother and baby from a knife wielding maniac, holding the woman and child and threatening to cut their throats. He didn't tell us about it, it was one of his work mates who did (pub visit), he does not like to brag or worry his wife about what he does.

He tackled the bloke and wrestled him to the ground as the man was getting agitated and unpredictable and the incident escalating.

He's a ****** is he?

He is not the only one prepared to risk his safety, cops regularly risk their lives or injury to protect people just like you.

Get a grip with your sweeping, immature and idiotic comments

i take your point i may generalise too much, i meant the average street copper, not someone who obviously does such a job as SO19! (he not really a copper in my opinion, he higher than that, i.e almost military)

Someone like that i have no problem with, infact i would probably get him a drink if he was in our local!

BUT all the coppers i have dealt with round here, and on nights out in different cities with the lads (over the past 10 years maybe) have all been complete assclowns of the highest order, hence my sweeping statements!

I wait to be proved wrong, but i doubt ill ever meet a decent street copper!

Quick Reply: You can't use your phone whilst driving....