Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Are you afraid of the big bad wolf?

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2009, 12:26 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I reckon there is a lot of truth in that article. We certainly see that there is more and more lawlessness these days and much worse gratuitous violence than we ever used to see before. It is a fact that such things build on thmselves and people are worried how far it will go.

The authorities appear to have little real interest in the real safety or wellbeing of the people of this country and the police seem to do less and less in the face of violence and burglary.

If things continue like this I certainly fear for this country.

Nothing to do with the Mail either!

Les
Old 14 April 2009, 12:47 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Do you really need me to tell you why Police are doing less and less? See: G20!
Old 14 April 2009, 01:30 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

It's funny really as we live in the safest times ever yet people (77% of em?) probably worry more today than they ever have! Why worry about stuff that might happen cos it may never happen ... just live your life as full on as you can & get on with it

TX.
Old 14 April 2009, 01:36 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I reckon there is a lot of truth in that article. We certainly see that there is more and more lawlessness these days and much worse gratuitous violence than we ever used to see before. It is a fact that such things build on thmselves and people are worried how far it will go.

The authorities appear to have little real interest in the real safety or wellbeing of the people of this country and the police seem to do less and less in the face of violence and burglary.

If things continue like this I certainly fear for this country.

Nothing to do with the Mail either!

Les
Flipping heck Les, that is the second time today I have 100% agreed with you Spot on post
Old 14 April 2009, 01:52 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Flipping heck Les, that is the second time today I have 100% agreed with you Spot on post
Yup, Les is correct. A several times recently i have driven past our local shop and gone the the Garage some 3 miles further away - why, because of the gang of 20+ kids drinking and taking over the car park, the last time i drove by was due to the car being put out by the fire brigade.

I do not wish to use the cash point in the dark with this mob around me, why should I have to.

Never used to be like that.

We where burgled some 3 years ago, needless to say the burglars where not caught (as far as i am aware) We where all asleep upstairs, Jenny, the two kids and I. I still sleep downstairs some nights as it upset me so much!

Friend lives on an estate with a half-way house, currently two child molesters living there, some 1/2 mile from the school and 200yds from the shops. She has 3 kids.

I have two young children and yes i am worried by how some parts of society seem to act and that they get away with it time and time again.

Nothing to do with the DM, more to do with having my eyes wide open as i try to go about my daily business, behaving myself lawfully try to earn a living.

It appears in some areas children have access to guns and knives and are prepared to use them on each other just for looking at them wrong or because they want your mobile phone.

At 6' and 17 stone I am not exactly the shy retiring type or have the look of a victim about me either!

Last edited by The Zohan; 14 April 2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 15 April 2009, 12:37 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Careful-people will talk! But thanks anyway.

Les