Indian call centers!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2009, 12:25 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Indian call centers!!

They made me break my phone

Anyone else with Norwich Union? They have wound me up so bad that i smashed my land line to bits and now i cant get through to anyone

I have shouted at everyone in my house today and now i am here on my own
Old 13 April 2009, 12:46 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome to my world ...
Old 13 April 2009, 12:48 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rah, issues ! lol

Serious I know where you are coming from but that must have been one intense phonecall.

What happened, and how many times did they call you by your full name just to end a sentance.

We have an indian call centre at our company, and I hate them.
Orange regular customer services is also in india, and they used a phrase that makes me cringe.... "Do the needful" Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggghhhh !
Old 13 April 2009, 12:49 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
welcome to my world ...
You smash phones up too ?

Sorry could not resist getting the in
Old 13 April 2009, 12:49 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

The term do the needful is a term of respect !! lol but annoying as ****
Old 13 April 2009, 12:51 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

The term do the needful is a term of respect !! lol but annoying as ****
lol yeah I know its not meant offensively or to annoy people but OMG!!
Any file that is sent through for us to look at, every request made, and my phone call to Orange ending with "please do the needful"
Old 13 April 2009, 01:00 PM
baser999
Scooby Regular

. . . and its when they try to convince you that you're talking to Robert or Susan

Trending Topics

Old 13 April 2009, 01:01 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by baser999
. . . and its when they try to convince you that you're talking to Robert or Susan
lol James and Darren are also apparently very common indian names.
Old 13 April 2009, 01:41 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Rah, issues ! lol

Serious I know where you are coming from but that must have been one intense phonecall.

What happened, and how many times did they call you by your full name just to end a sentance.

We have an indian call centre at our company, and I hate them.
Orange regular customer services is also in india, and they used a phrase that makes me cringe.... "Do the needful" Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggghhhh !
Do you want to know something really stupid? I never even got to speak to anyone

I spent ages trying to call them up, going through loads of menu options until in the end the message i got was that the offices were closed, thats when i foofed my phone

I then tried to register with them online but the system wouldn't accept my security questions so i decided to have a live chat to one of the advisers CALLED MATT! He was able to call me back on my mobile and He was definitely no Raj. I am still going to have to call back tomorrow but i think i will do the live chat thing and speak to someone in this country.

I will not renew my policy with them as the Indian call center thing is too much.

I am amazed at the way the Indians are resistant to bad language and threats on the phone, all they say is, 'sorry madam'
Old 13 April 2009, 01:57 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Aviva - that'll be the company with the mega expensive advertising campaign about how the customers are individuals and will be treated as such, not just accounts or numbers.

Looks like Aviva treats individuals like sh*t as well then, not surprised at all.

I have just left BT due to poor service from offshore call centres and being lied to/deceived on several occasions.

Having been with BT for 20+ years and Internet for 10 they lost a good customer.

The only time i got to speak to an English person was on the day of leaving who wanted to resolve the problem, too late mate!

Last edited by The Zohan; 13 April 2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 13 April 2009, 04:32 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Like Snazy I deal with the Indian call centres from the other side.

They come to us for advice... as a last resort.. meaning its normally something that will take some work to resolve.

If you think its difficult to tell them what the problem is, imagine trying to explain to them what they need to do to fix it ...

Its so difficult for me not to just say pass the customer to me .. but I really don't have the time to speak to them dirrectly.
Old 13 April 2009, 05:32 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Spot on mate. Sometimes the work created by their lack of understanding the most simple of issues is rediculous.
A straight forward request or enquiry can get totally blown out of shape because the people taking the calls dont understand what they are being asked. But instead of saying "I dont get it" they just carry on doing the nearest thing to them that makes sense. Quite usually totally wrong.

And of course call you by your name 3 times per sentance, because its polite and keep the situation calm... apparently.
Old 13 April 2009, 05:44 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Spot on mate. Sometimes the work created by their lack of understanding the most simple of issues is rediculous.
A straight forward request or enquiry can get totally blown out of shape because the people taking the calls dont understand what they are being asked. But instead of saying "I dont get it" they just carry on doing the nearest thing to them that makes sense. Quite usually totally wrong.

And of course call you by your name 3 times per sentance, because its polite and keep the situation calm... apparently.

and we thought it was something we have been doing..
Old 13 April 2009, 05:57 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares

Anyone else with Norwich Union? They have wound me up so bad that i smashed my land line to bits and now i cant get through to anyone

Don't get me started on those *******.
Old 13 April 2009, 06:47 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

and we thought it was something we have been doing..
lol most definatly not mate.

Their hearts are in the right place, but its a bit like you or I wanting to help out during surgery. Just because you have the right intentions, its not always helpful.
Old 13 April 2009, 06:50 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

bloody foreigners hey...

But yeah, they are my pet hate but it's always funny the moment you say you got a bill to pay or sumink they put you through to someone in Bristol or Tipton
Old 13 April 2009, 06:56 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Long clip but funny: YouTube - Indian Call Center
Old 13 April 2009, 07:55 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

I think call center training consists of lots of 'empathy'
Old 13 April 2009, 08:15 PM
Will
BANNED

Anyone else with Norwich Union?
Originally Posted by stilover
Don't get me started on those *******.
Take it they dont 'quote you happy' any more

Last edited by Will; 13 April 2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Bloody twice i edited that!!! Durr!
Old 13 April 2009, 08:18 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

I phoned Dell earlier and was put through to 6, yes SIX different departments. All I wanted to do was order a replacement adaptor for my laptop.
Old 14 April 2009, 07:46 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Face it, it is all about saving money, and in the process shedding UK call centre jobs, often in areas that needed the jobs. Lots of call centres set up in the 90's in deprived areas using gov't grants.

Great for the UK economy or is it just great for the shareholders!

Also as for security, i can phone any number of Uk companies with Asian call centres, BT included and access Jenny's (not joint) accounts to discuss and change stuff I go through the DPA security checks and heh-presto i am in, never refused yet. Even with a deepish male voice.

Great for UK security and ID fraud prevention.

It's all about the money, and you can always find someone to do the work for less cash, it does not mean that you will get as good service or understanding of your customers. It depends how much you value your customers and it says a lot about the companies who outsource work like this to countries like India, etc!

Last edited by The Zohan; 14 April 2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 14 April 2009, 07:46 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Best get a curry in then.
Old 14 April 2009, 08:21 AM
mykp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TerzoAlan
I phoned Dell earlier and was put through to 6, yes SIX different departments. All I wanted to do was order a replacement adaptor for my laptop.

know that feeling, thats why I stopped dealing with Dell

If you want to buy a machine, you speak to one person

If you want technical support its usually 3 people, one who you tell the problem to, one to go through the script with and one to actually solve the problem.

If you want parts then you end up speaking to a shed load of people then they put you through to someone who cant help but can give you the phone number of someone who can, by which time you've found a supplier on the web have sent them an email, to which they have replied with prices, stock levels and delivery times and are busy putting your credit card details in their website.

Dell, great at selling new stuff, rubbish at anything else.
Old 14 April 2009, 09:43 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

I recently applied for an Income Protection policy from NU, they had the best rates and level of cover.

Long story short, the application dragged on for a while and so their call centre kept calling me to chase progress. Every time they called, I'd be at work and I failed their security test which was basically how much the plan was worth and when it ended. Well 6 months after applying I could give a rough estimate. I even had a go at one poor girl who after I failed security for the umpteenth time and she said she couldn't discuss the policy with me I shouted "FFS you called me!"

In the end got so frustrated, they'd call every day and I couldn't even cancel it, I wrote a letter telling them to foof off. I then got one back saying that as I had not been in touch they would cancel the policy unless I called them. A result whichever way you look at it.

Bad experience, so will never use them. Added to my list of companies to avoid, Bell Direct etc.
Old 14 April 2009, 09:52 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

This is also why I pay £4 a month extra on my phone contract...... to deal with Orange's UK Premier call centre, rather than a call centre who does not have a clue what im talking about
Old 14 April 2009, 09:58 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

I have to go out today to buy an new land line phone before i can call NU's legal team.

Yesterday i was trying to find out why my no claims was not protected. I have two outstanding 'fault' claims so i cannot protect it. I thought i could have two but a third was not allowed

I got really good service from a lad on live chat at NU yesterday so i may just do that again and get him to call my mobile. At least he is only in Norwich
Old 14 April 2009, 10:32 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Good luck with that
Old 14 April 2009, 11:20 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I have to go out today to buy an new land line phone before i can call NU's legal team.
Have you considered investing in some anger management while your shopping? lol
Old 14 April 2009, 11:34 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I have usually found that they are doing their best for you within the limitations, but the most embarrassing bit for me is that I find it difficult at times to understand what I am being told.

Les
Old 14 April 2009, 01:26 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

This is also why I pay £4 a month extra on my phone contract...... to deal with Orange's UK Premier call centre, rather than a call centre who does not have a clue what im talking about
Thats a pisstake, you have to pay for the level of customer service you deserve? (i.e british call centre for british customers), if not you get an indian call centre?

I would leave orange for that alone, t mobile only have english call centres, and dont charge me for it!

Quick Reply: Indian call centers!!