Well, somebody had to say it.

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2009, 09:54 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, somebody had to say it.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Parkinson: 'Goody was exploited'
But I cant think of anyone else but parky who would be able to get away with it in light of the media frenzy of recent weeks.
The Big P and I. Great minds think alike.
astraboy.
Old 07 April 2009, 09:55 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Nail, hit. End of.
Old 07 April 2009, 10:03 PM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

What is that saying, oh yes, never speak ill of the dead.

Or was it let sleeping (with the fishes) dogs lie?
Old 07 April 2009, 10:52 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

I still reckon that coffin drop into the grave caused the Italian earthquake

parky=straight talking tyke!
Old 07 April 2009, 10:58 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nat21
I was saying this a couple of months ago on here and got houndedaway/banned for it

Isn't it funny how things change and people dare to show their own opinions when a few more break cover first....
There are a few topics on here of late that I just cant be bothered to comment on for that exact reason.
Sometimes, When some people are involved in threads its pointless trying to debate anything.
On the plus side most of us are alright.

With regards to Jade, The only way I can put it into perspective is.... would I want my daughter to turn out like that.. The answer is no.
I am not taking away from the trauma of a young mum dying, or those poor kids losing there mum but to think of her as anything more than a very stupid girl that was a cash cow for some very smart people in the background is just amazing.
Old 08 April 2009, 12:49 AM
New_scooby_04

I was saying this a couple of months ago on here and got houndedaway/banned for it

Isn't it funny how things change and people dare to show their own opinions when a few more break cover first....
Leave it out Nat! You were rightly reprimanded for your comments and conduct on the previous Jade goody threads.

Parkinson didn't refer to her as a "slutpig" He gave a reasoned, rational if somewhat terse assessment of the whole famous for being infamous culture of which she was a proponent. His comments are bang on IMHO, but will be a shot in the foot as it will keep the whole thing going that bit much longer.

I think you'll find most people, including me, have always disliked what the girl represented, but some of us put our sympathy for a 27 year old mother of two dying a horrible death before our need to shout about how much we hated a women we had never even met, or jump on every opportunity to direct pretty vile insults at them.

People on here are often saying how much they wish this whole sad affair would just go away, yet we're getting thread after thread keeping it alive on SN. I'm fairly sure this topic has already been covered by a different thread earlier on. I'll merge the threads if I find it; search appears to be playing up at the mo.

In the meantime, for those who object to the publicity her death is now generating, might I suggest not contributing to any further discussion on the matter.

She's gone, end of. Whether this circus continues is now up to us.

Ns04

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 08 April 2009 at 01:14 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 08 April 2009, 01:00 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Jade's dead?
When did this happen?
Old 08 April 2009, 06:54 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Jade's dead?
When did this happen?
It was in her contract with OK magazine that she had to or give the £££££'s back, seeimg that she had spent it on a wedding dress, 500 bottles of finest Asti Martini and a coffin she was left with little choice but to go through with it.
Old 08 April 2009, 07:17 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

What starts with J and ends with the big C?
Old 08 April 2009, 07:21 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parky's eloquent denunciation was not of J Goody.
It was of the media's exploitation of her and by extension, I would say, the general public's.
Love the Princess Di allusion. What can Parky be getting at?
Old 08 April 2009, 07:35 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Nat & astraboy getting all righteous about Parky "proving them right".

If I'd been running this site I'd have banned you both for life.

You were trolling the soppy bleeding heart membership.

Old 08 April 2009, 08:07 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

No, that was my word and it's still a great one Parky had a good go but he din't quite manage one as good. I gave a reasoned argument too, you just like re-using the slutpig (i don't blame you!).

My whole point was that she should go away for goodness sake!

I only made comments on the ONE original thread that was deleted then i respected the views of the community and stopped posting on all the other threads for that day or two but was banned none the less later on.

Everyone has come around to my view and now your actions seem completely ott as in fact they were, they certainly didn't represent the view of the community.

Everyone has come around to your view? Your arrogance is breathtaking. Do you seriously think you're diatribe would bear comparison to Parkinsons piece?

Your posts on Goody were nothing more than offensive ranting. Parkinson on the other hand has summed up perfectly the culture of celebrity, and the lives of the underclass of children born into a life of drugs and job shy parents whose only worry is where the next high will come from.

Still, your wear expensive watches and suits, so no doubt your right eh?
Old 08 April 2009, 08:54 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Parky's rant was pretty good like i said, and so it should be, given that he no doubt spent a week writing it and was paid handsomely for it. Given the same conditions mine would be better though.

Tell you all what, i'll contribute equally good if not better written pieces on here relating to the subject of the week (whatever that may be) if you'll all pay me. I'll only charge half what Sir Parks does as well so you'll all only need to chip in for about £750 per week
You might get richer asking people to pay you NOT to write anything
Old 08 April 2009, 09:13 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

I'm just hacked off that we didn't get a national day of mourning
Old 08 April 2009, 09:30 AM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
Nat & astraboy getting all righteous about Parky "proving them right".

If I'd been running this site I'd have banned you both for life.

You were trolling the soppy bleeding heart membership.

True, but who should be banned in those circumstances
Old 08 April 2009, 09:42 AM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

And back on topic, Parkinson's rant was primarlily anti media exploitation, not anti Jade.

However, that does not take away from the point that, quite simply, in the opinion of many, many people, the country would be a better place if that certain section of society which jade represented so well were rounded up and sent on a one way all expenses paid trip to the Sun.
Old 08 April 2009, 09:44 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Devildog
True, but who should be banned in those circumstances
Good question
Old 08 April 2009, 09:53 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Leave it out Nat! You were rightly reprimanded for your comments and conduct on the previous Jade goody threads.

Parkinson didn't refer to her as a "slutpig" He gave a reasoned, rational if somewhat terse assessment of the whole famous for being infamous culture of which she was a proponent. His comments are bang on IMHO, but will be a shot in the foot as it will keep the whole thing going that bit much longer.

I think you'll find most people, including me, have always disliked what the girl represented, but some of us put our sympathy for a 27 year old mother of two dying a horrible death before our need to shout about how much we hated a women we had never even met, or jump on every opportunity to direct pretty vile insults at them.

People on here are often saying how much they wish this whole sad affair would just go away, yet we're getting thread after thread keeping it alive on SN. I'm fairly sure this topic has already been covered by a different thread earlier on. I'll merge the threads if I find it; search appears to be playing up at the mo.

In the meantime, for those who object to the publicity her death is now generating, might I suggest not contributing to any further discussion on the matter.

She's gone, end of. Whether this circus continues is now up to us.

Ns04
Weren't you the one deleting everything not in the same vein of the original post of previous threads of the same subject?
others have had their say, let us have ours.
Astraboy.
Old 08 April 2009, 11:07 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

In all fairness, that is not what you said at all. You basically said she deserved it.

What Parky is saying that, yes, it was a tragedy that she died as a young woman etc. but it should not be forgotten what she really was.

It is quite different from what you said. What Parky said reflected much of what people said in that thread, that you can still feel compassion for someone whilst not changing your view of their persona.

Geezer
Old 08 April 2009, 11:16 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by astraboy
Weren't you the one deleting everything not in the same vein of the original post of previous threads of the same subject?
others have had their say, let us have ours.
Astraboy.
Yes, I was deleting insulting or-off topic posts on an RIP thread!!

Who is stopping you from having your say? Did you not even see the bit in my above post where I said I agree with what Parky has said! There have been countless threads on here where people have had ample opportunity to lay into Jade in a much less eloquent, mature and rational way than Parky. To say otherwise is nonsense.

Usually the people who are most vitriolic and vocal are very same people who complain about the amount of publicity she gets

I'm getting tired of the whole sad Jade affair to be honest, so won't be contributing further.

If this thread doesn't descend into a load of BS about moderation on SN, then I won't need to come back, will I?

You and Nat 21 can make the call!

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 08 April 2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08 April 2009, 11:28 AM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Geezer
In all fairness, that is not what you said at all. You basically said she deserved it.

What Parky is saying that, yes, it was a tragedy that she died as a young woman etc. but it should not be forgotten what she really was.

It is quite different from what you said. What Parky said reflected much of what people said in that thread, that you can still feel compassion for someone whilst not changing your view of their persona.

Geezer
Compassion?

For Jade?

Not from this corner.

The hypocricy on this BBS is as astounding as the hypocricy in the media.

Calls for everyone from car thiefs, petty criminals, work shy benefit scroungers, etc, to useless pond scum to suffer the worst deaths known to mankind.

And yet people are "compassionate" when one of "them" dies of cancer (having ignored warning signs when she was younger)

Lets not forget poor Jack. The grieving widower. Oh, and violent thug.

You can take your "compassion" and, politely, shove it

Last edited by Devildog; 08 April 2009 at 11:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Well, somebody had to say it.