Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Personal web data to be stored for a year

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2009, 02:09 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Personal web data to be stored for a year

Last edited by scrappydoo; 31 October 2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07 April 2009, 02:34 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

If you've done nothing wrong, then you've nothing to fear
Old 07 April 2009, 02:45 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Last edited by scrappydoo; 31 October 2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07 April 2009, 08:31 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

scrappy, it's absolutely scandalous and disgraceful, but you're wasting your time... scoobynet nowadays is full of people happy with yet more police powers and government control...
Old 07 April 2009, 08:48 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder what Jacqui Smith's husband has been surfing?
Old 07 April 2009, 08:49 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by scrappydoo
please tell me u arnt serious!
My post was dripping in sarcasm ...
Old 07 April 2009, 08:59 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Why are they so obsessed with wanting to know how often we fart and which way it is blowing. Surely they have far more important things to be doing.

Trending Topics

Old 07 April 2009, 09:08 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
Why are they so obsessed with wanting to know how often we fart and which way it is blowing. Surely they have far more important things to be doing.
Its about power, the more information they have on someone, the more power they have to control them.

1984 was so true.

Prehaps a refresher on V for Vendetta would be a good idea

Mart
Old 07 April 2009, 09:28 AM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

I vote we all surf **** for 5hrs a day at least it'll provode some cool stats lol.
Old 07 April 2009, 10:03 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It has been slid in quietly like all the other nasty little laws over the years that they have got in or tried to.

As Mart said, it is an indication of their real agenda, all to come together at some future time when we will be all trussed up at their complete mercy!

Les
Old 07 April 2009, 10:14 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

It is interesting as things like the new extreme **** law come into force (here: Deviants, perverts, 'weirdos' - who's going down? ? The Register) that in theory they could just look through the logs at your ISP for a set of sites and then you are caught. Or at least, they have a series of suspects to investigate further.

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear is true in theory, but in my example I can guarantee that I have visited some dubious sites as they get linked whilst looking for things like cracking iPhones and computer software.

Steve
Old 07 April 2009, 10:17 AM
[-(o)-]
Scooby Regular

By looking at this thread, let alone responding to it, you're potentially now marked/segmented.

This is by far the greatest threat to our freedom that we face and its abuse scares the **** out of me.
Old 07 April 2009, 10:51 AM
Stainy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PaulC72
I vote we all surf **** for 5hrs a day at least it'll provode some cool stats lol.

No way I'm curbing my **** surfing....not for you or anyone else
Old 07 April 2009, 11:05 AM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

This is scary - I thought we lived in a democracy - a free country.

I am all for stopping pedos and the likes, but please god, can't we do anything these days without it being recorded, monitored or watched....?

What is really worrying is that the Government can't even keep safe the records they already hold on us.....................

How long before we see headlines telling us some z-list celeb has been viewing some **** site and some jumped up little tw@t in Whitehall has got a good pension selling the details........

Will the last one out turn the lights off?
Old 07 April 2009, 11:33 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Seems like the Bill are intending to keep all the DNA samples from babies, children and innocent people until they are 100 years old. Even though the EU court has ruled that its illegal and that the retention is "not compatible with a modern Democracy". There are also at least 6 major Government databases which the court of human rights is seriously concerned about.
Only in the UK.
The Tories have publicly stated that ID cards and the DNA thing will be binned if they get in. Whilst all parties make wild claims before being elected I cant see them not being able to follow up with action as their stance has been so public.

See stop the database state » NO2ID

Whether youve done nothing wrong and have nothing to fear or not you should all be concerned about the erosion of civil liberties. Many of us lost family members in the fight to retain freedoms, what would they say about this big brother society. Its a fact that we are the most spied on and recorded citizens in the world. Far worse that the Stazi in East Germany.

The number of local Governments who are using Teroroist legislation to tap phones and spy on rate payers for putting bins out early, putting the wrong type of rubbish in bins, letting dogs foul etc etc is growing fast.

Last edited by r32; 07 April 2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07 April 2009, 11:33 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

We shall know soon enough when they convert all voting to postal style, followed eventually by them saying that voting is no longer necessary!

Les
Old 07 April 2009, 12:04 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

I think the aim of the bill is to criminalise *everybody*. Anyone who uses the internet will have no doubt seen material (either by accident or design) of a dubious nature at some point or other. Basically if you get arrested by the police and they can't charge you with anything, they'll just flick through your browsing history and nail you as a subversive or sexual deviant.
The Extreme **** Law is a complete joke & criminalises a large amount of people on the extremely slim pretext that they are a danger to others, which, for a vast majority of cases is complete & utter garbage. The existing Obscene Publications Act was perfectly adequate and the new law is just another in long line of knee-jerk reaction legislation.
We are now not too far away from a situation where every single person in the country is a criminal in the eyes of 'the law'.
Anyway, I'd better not type any more I think a tear gas grenade has just come through the window !
Old 07 April 2009, 01:07 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

The reason this is being done is to give all you conspiracy theorist nut-jobs something else to be dstracted by..whilst they secretly plot the end of the human race....oh no thats another conspiracy!!
Old 07 April 2009, 01:19 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin2005
The reason this is being done is to give all you conspiracy theorist nut-jobs something else to be dstracted by..whilst they secretly plot the end of the human race....oh no thats another conspiracy!!

Is this NSR or Conspiracy Planet - The Alternative News & History Network
We may as well start merger talks
Old 07 April 2009, 01:33 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Well when you're banged up for watching dwarf donkey **** or innocently enquiring how to construct a fission-fusion-fission bomb, don't expect any vaseline from us !!
Old 07 April 2009, 01:35 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
Well when you're banged up for watching dwarf donkey **** or innocently enquiring how to construct a fission-fusion-fission bomb, don't expect any vaseline from us !!
You know what sites I visit???

I'll watch my back

Last edited by Martin2005; 07 April 2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07 April 2009, 01:37 PM
Sideways Ste
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
lmfao

as above,
They shouldn't be able to do it but they will,
Like everything else they wanna do

Sucks eh?
Old 07 April 2009, 01:43 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I, for one, would like to see everyone (and I mean everyone - pikeys included!) have their DNA taken and stored on a DataBase, fingerprints taken and ID Cards Issued (Free!) ..... I would, honestly, be at the front of the queue.

Just imagine how peaceful and crime free the country would be? Crimes solved, huge sentences dished out and a calm descends over the land .... I genuinely think it would improve everyones life.
Old 07 April 2009, 01:48 PM
New_scooby_04

Hey, lets make life difficult for em!

I think this proposal belongs in the Bin; it is Laden with problems and is killing our right to privacy! I wonder what our prime minister Gordon Brown thinks of this? He'd join the public in demanding that this nonsense be stopped now

Still we have nothing to fear, the government will only loose it!

Oh, there is someone at the door............................................

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 07 April 2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07 April 2009, 01:54 PM
Sideways Ste
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Hey, lets make life difficult for em!

I think this proposal belongs in the Bin; it is Laden with problems and is killing out right to privacy! I wonder what our prime minister Gordon Brown thinks of this? He'd join the public in demanding that this nonsense be stopped now

Still we have nothing to fear, the government will only loose it!

Oh, there is someone at the door............................................
I am lollin
Old 07 April 2009, 02:04 PM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
I, for one, would like to see everyone (and I mean everyone - pikeys included!) have their DNA taken and stored on a DataBase, fingerprints taken and ID Cards Issued (Free!) ..... I would, honestly, be at the front of the queue.

Just imagine how peaceful and crime free the country would be? Crimes solved, huge sentences dished out and a calm descends over the land .... I genuinely think it would improve everyones life.

Could I borrow your rose coloured spectacles please???????

I love how positive you are, but it really wouldn't solve more crimes if the police have finger prints, DNA etc.

We gave the police a copy of a bank statement, a photograph & the home address of someone who robbed us - and guess what, they didn't find him (even after popping a note through his door - you know, like the milkman does when your payments are overdue!!!)

They did eventually find him 8 months later - in prison!

So don't get your hopes up that by having all this info they will solve crime cos the real world isn't like that!!
Old 07 April 2009, 02:32 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Nevermind eh

I think Jade Goody's funeral was far more important than all this paranoia.

I think I'll just slope off to watch some 'footy' now. I am after all, a bovine moron, enslaved in unrepayable debt, spied upon constantly and robbed by the corporate kleptocracy at every opportunity.

Liberty, freedom, self determination self responsibility, sound money, fairness and ethics in politics?

PAH
Old 07 April 2009, 02:55 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Nevermind eh

I think Jade Goody's funeral was far more important than all this paranoia.

I think I'll just slope off to watch some 'footy' now. I am after all, a bovine moron, enslaved in unrepayable debt, spied upon constantly and robbed by the corporate kleptocracy at every opportunity.

Liberty, freedom, self determination self responsibility, sound money, fairness and ethics in politics?

PAH
"Democracy, pah: never trust anything invented by the Greeks!" - J Clarkson

Old 07 April 2009, 03:24 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Yep Clarkson got it right.

Truth is folks as this stuff picks up pace and people do start pulling their heads out of their ***** (and each others) it will hit us like a tsunami.

You will wake up one day and think "f**k me! I don't recognise this place anymore!!!" - any civility will be blown to oblivion as one false flag a many, media whoring and various other "new world order... global blahdy blah blah" isht results in the Crookerment implementing full blown martial law.

It's just a giant puzzle, they put in all the pieces one by one, we the people don't take notice because most of this stuff is off the radar or as Scooby said "goes on under our noses" we are too fecking lazy to do anything about it.

Bring it on, better sooner than later
Old 07 April 2009, 05:25 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
If you've done nothing wrong, then you've nothing to fear
Talk Sport FTW!

Quick Reply: Personal web data to be stored for a year