Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anybody else allergic to chicken?

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2009, 10:34 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody else allergic to chicken?

I don't tend to meet many chicken-freaks on my travels

but after spending a few hours on the couch last night in pain due to the missus using a chicken contaminated spoon in morrisons salad bar, i figured i might start a thread off.

I became allergic to chicken when i was around 16-17 years old, it took a while to narrow down what was making me bad (i loved chicken as well!)

no idea what changed to make me react to it, after doing some researching it this morning it seams to be an increasing problem, possibly due to the birds getting pumped full of crap before sale?

the bizzare thing is that i can eat eggs no problems at all, and i can also eat turkey!

when i become bad, its usually around 30 mins after eating the food, last night for example, i had a fishcake plus side salad for tea, within 30 mins and really quite suddenly i developed this huge pain in my stomach, then came the farts, within a few mins i was on the white pan of death, its the same everytime i come into contact with the stuff, i then usually spend the next few hours with stomach cramps that come in waves, at the peak of each wave is toilet time

so.....

what the hell did they start doing to the chickens around 13 years ago ?

Last edited by StickyMicky; 03 April 2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03 April 2009, 10:44 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

My wife is allergic to a whole host of things: One of which is chicken.

She gets very stuffed up (i.e. phlegm) and then fills quite ill.

Steve
Old 03 April 2009, 10:47 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i dont think i am allergic to anything else, which is the bizzare thing, i find it bizzare that i can get sick from cross contaminated cutlery that has come into contact with chicken, yet i can still eat the eggs with no problems

found this thread
Chicken Meat Allergy - Page 14 - WrongDiagnosis.com

chicken freaks unite
Old 03 April 2009, 11:02 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Being allergic to chicken must suck! It's a key component of my diet!
Old 03 April 2009, 11:32 AM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

I would be devastated if I couldn't eat chicken, I was brought up on it as a kid and love it still, in fact I'm off to get some now lol.
Old 03 April 2009, 11:57 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm no doctor but I don't think stomach pains are an allergic reaction. I'm allergic to Shellfish and carry an Epipen in case of Anaphylaxis.

Allergy Symptoms
Old 03 April 2009, 12:00 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I take that back after reading my own link I don't get stomach cramps myself.
Old 03 April 2009, 12:02 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i used to love chicken drumstick sarnies with loads of red sauce on them

after not eating it for around 13 years now i am quite used to avoiding it, and we eat a lot of turkey instead at home (stirfrys etc etc) but turkey is not quite as nice a meat.

the missus sometimes gets some kind of chicken type takeaway now and again and i have to avoid it

i was once offered some chips by a mate while out, scoffed a few and was bad within around 20 mins, spoke to him later on and asked him about the chips, turns out he had bought chicken and chips and had wolfed down the chicken first

also had my mother "secretly" testing me (ie fooken poisoning me IMO) by making me a separate sunday roast with another meat, and then using the ******* chicken juices in the gravy as you would expect (infact you would not expect, i would, but you will just think i am crazy ), i still got sick from the meal and ended up with stomach cramps.

chicken seams to crop up in quite a few "bitsa" products nowadays, surprising amounts of proccessed meat stuff has some in!
Old 03 April 2009, 12:02 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
I take that back after reading my own link I don't get stomach cramps myself.

# Abdominal pain
# Cramps
# Vomiting
# Diarrhea
i dont vomit, infact i can remember the last time i vomited and it was while living with my parents and still being at school (maybe i had ate a full chicken pmsl)

but the cramps, ****s and pains are pretty hellish

Last edited by StickyMicky; 03 April 2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04 April 2009, 02:19 AM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

A guy I worked with a while back was allergic to chicken. I remember him saying he was violently sick if he came into contact with any chicken products. Have you tried a little bit of totally organic chicken to see if its the "extras" that are being popped into your average cheaper kind ?

Always pays to be careful with allergies though so might be better not to try.

I once gave a work colleague with a serious peanut allergy a peanut m&m .

He started chewing it because he thought it was a chewy fruit sweet with a crispy coating. Luckily he spat it out before swallowing any and took something to counteract the swelling. I didn't know about it until he literally spat it out all over his desk.....oops
Old 04 April 2009, 07:31 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Honestly mate, its just not worth the aggro and pain, hence my reluctance to try anymore, the best i could do was some "fake chicken" a few years back which was that soya based stuff for the mentalist veggies and to be honest, i thought it tasted a bit crap

if me and the missus say order a few takeaway pizzas, if i am plating up the food, i have to wash my hands after placing her chicken pizza on a plate before then sorting mine out
Old 04 April 2009, 09:18 AM
spireite
BANNED

I'm allergic to mustard seed , 1st the inside of my mouth swells up then its just like theres a fire been started in my stomach . The only thing that works is the old fingers down the throat and plenty of water .
The amount of sauces that contain these seeds is unbelievable ,salad cream, piccalily , mayonaise barbecue sauces
Old 04 April 2009, 09:32 AM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I buy chicken from Morrisons, the kids and myself are in severe pain around 30mins to an 1hr after eating it.
We never have this problem when its from a proper butcher though. I put it down to some crap Morrisons are putting in or on it.
Old 04 April 2009, 10:50 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

My allergy arrived about 10 years ago, out of the blue, since then I have been re-introducing my system to shellfish slowly, I can now eat most without a reaction. Crab is still a hospital job though.