Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Insurance approved repairer - third attempt ???

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2009, 12:29 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Insurance approved repairer - third attempt ???

I had my car bumped into in Sept 07 and made a successful claim against a third party for minor body repairs. A few months after having the car fixed I noticed the area they had repaired was rusting and the paint looked to have 'worn' of leaving slightly darker [possibly] primer showing through. The area was about 6" long and maybe 1/4" up from the base of the tailgate. I contacted the insurers and they said that the same company would have to rectify their work, which they did.
When I collected the car after this remedial repair I wasn't happy with how it looked. The paint applied looked very thin and I didn't expect it to last, and sure enough it hasn't. This is how it now looks...

I have spoken again to the insurers and they have said it MUST go back to the same company for a third time, which I am very unhappy about. I have voiced my objection to this but they seem unwilling to entertain me taking the car elsewhere. What rights do I have to insist on a repair at a place of my choosing in this situation ?
Old 27 March 2009, 12:32 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think that under the guarentee of work, the car needs to be returned to the same garage, however I would at this point want to consider taking action, getting it remedied elsewhere and then claiming the money back.

Thats poor workmanship, how can they need 3 attempts!