Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pimping your son out...

Mother makes appeal for a lover for 21-year-old Otto

Old 17 March 2009, 04:50 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

WTF, thats not right!

She shouldnt be allowed to adopt if this is what she has in store for the kids!
Old 17 March 2009, 04:53 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

She wants to take a look at herself, single at that age with adopted children then moaning that one of them at 21 doesnt have a girlfriend and hopes he can father a child at some stage Should keep her nose out
Old 17 March 2009, 04:55 PM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

That's just wrong.
Old 17 March 2009, 04:56 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

'I would also love it if Otto got a girlfriend pregnant.

Why can't people start families anymore, it has to be get someone pregnant.

On another note, if someone with Down's was to father a child would the child have the same chance of being Down's any other?
Old 17 March 2009, 04:58 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar

On another note, if someone with Down's was to father a child would the child have the same chance of being Down's any other?

Approximately half of the offspring of someone with Down's syndrome also have the syndrome themselves.[42] There have been only three recorded instances of males with Down syndrome fathering children.[43][44]
Old 17 March 2009, 05:01 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

And anyway, who tf called him "Otto"?
Old 17 March 2009, 05:08 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by cookstar
And anyway, who tf called him "Otto"?

Old 17 March 2009, 08:34 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of ladies like you to go Downs on them

The lad is disabled, doesnt mean he doesn't have a normal sex drive as per any 21 year old man, there is a broad spectrum of ability and intelligence within Downs Syndrome. I think she is a bit ott with the stuff about him getting someone pregnant but I think her point is that he, being Downs needs additional help in a lot of matters and him getting his end away is just another thing he needs assistance with. It may be difficult for non Downs women to accept his disability but surely there are Downs Ladies with needs as well, I don't know what the score is with chromosomes and Downs people having babies but it would perhaps make sense for them to be sterilised and then let them get on with it, sounds perhaps a bit callous but perhaps actively producing Downs babies when plenty of people are born with this condition anyway would be irresponsible and I am not sure whether people with Downs are capable of handling the responsibility of a baby, I would think probably not.

I have a mate with Cerebral Palsy, he cant walk or talk intelligibly but is probably the most enthusiastic perv I know, he has a child and in the past has had a three's up with two Oriental ladies, wheelchairs don't do much for your chances of pulling so talk abou !t a triumph over adversity
Old 17 March 2009, 08:54 PM
Removed.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
but it would perhaps make sense for them to be sterilised
A certain little Austrian corporal had the same idea

Last edited by Removed.; 17 March 2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 17 March 2009, 10:11 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunky
Dunk, I am not talking eugenics or master race scenario, just the realities of the capability of two people with Downs syndrome being able to produce and raise healthy children, I dont know genetically what the chances of a non Downs baby are (perhaps someone could comment who knows) but I don't think people with a mental disability like that could handle all that responsibility without a lot of help. Its highly hypothetical anyway !

I am all for choice but sometimes things just need to err on the side of common sense and common good.
Old 18 March 2009, 01:38 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

I wonder if I can send my mum out to find me a girlfriend?

How wierd would that be?!
Old 18 March 2009, 01:40 AM
Removed.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Dunk, I am not talking eugenics or master race scenario, just the realities of the capability of two people with Downs syndrome being able to produce and raise healthy children, I dont know genetically what the chances of a non Downs baby are (perhaps someone could comment who knows) but I don't think people with a mental disability like that could handle all that responsibility without a lot of help. Its highly hypothetical anyway !

I am all for choice but sometimes things just need to err on the side of common sense and common good.
I know, hence the smiley, and my selective quoting, I guessed the context it was just the phraseaology which brought out my naughty side

If I thought you meant it in that way I'd either question your moral compass or ignore you and let the trolls get you.

Last edited by Removed.; 18 March 2009 at 01:42 AM. Reason: additional comments
Old 18 March 2009, 08:34 AM
RyanSTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunky
LOL!
Old 18 March 2009, 09:38 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

He's adopted by this lady ... they are not blood related... Whats the problem with her helping her step son out ?????

Old 18 March 2009, 10:45 AM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I don't wish to sound crass but if she wants him to lose his virginity then why doesn't she just pay for a prostitute?

The comment by j4cko about sterilisation is an interesting one. Personally I can see the merits but I am hugely aware of the whole Eugenics question and that slippery slope of good intentions.

I guess the response is make damn sure contraceptives are in use, the whole question about good or bad parents is a separate one I would think.
Old 18 March 2009, 11:07 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

[quote=Kieran_Burns;8584309]
The comment by j4cko about sterilisation is an interesting one. Personally I can see the merits but I am hugely aware of the whole Eugenics question and that slippery slope of good intentions.
[quote]

I personally think what Jacko is saying is right. Not to be nasty but natural selection in the wildlife seems to work rather well, how can the human race progress if we are actively polluting our own gene pool?
Old 18 March 2009, 11:17 AM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

I am sure if the 'caring' mother really wanted to help him she could have gone about it sooooooo differently.

Why have it spreaed all over the papers / tv etc internationally?

Perhaps she's either wanting to cash in or find herself someone too???
Old 18 March 2009, 11:22 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Another sign of the degradation this country is sinking into, his mother seems to have no morals for that matter anyway!

Sterilisation is also wrong!

Les
Old 18 March 2009, 02:17 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Otto Baxter has said he is enjoying his new found stardom and hopes to continue it by one day becoming an actor. His ultimate dream is to play Dr Who and have a shiny new time travel device which he will re-design himself.

It will be called "The Re-Tardis" Good luck Otto.
Old 18 March 2009, 07:00 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I saw a TV programme some time ago about "needs" of disabled. I think it was in Holland. Some medical facility cared for quite severely disabled people and occasionally brought in professional prostitutes. The programme was in good taste and despite one's initial revulsion it actually made some sense. The women didn't seem to mind; they were well paid and didn't get beaten up or given Aids!

I think Otto should be discouraged from fathering a child.

dl
Old 18 March 2009, 07:25 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I can see someone sleeping with Otto simply so they can then flog their story to the Sun and make some money from it, which is very distateful to say the least.

I'd say that like any male, he'll have needs and urges. Wether he truly understands what these are is another matter.

Should he be "allowed" to have sex. Hell yes! I don't really see a problem with it, other than what I have previously stated, will he really understand it all.

Should he be "allowed" to father a child. Now this is a very emotive subject indeed. Can he, himself, support and provide for a child? Does he really understand what being a father would mean and entail? Harsh as it may be, I think the answer is no.
Having said this, some of the utter scum that are breeding like mutant rabbits probably have far less of a clue than Otto does, and he'd probably make a far better father than they ever would.
Old 18 March 2009, 09:34 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I think pregnancy and birth could be massively frightening for a person with Downs, but I would be prepared to be wrong on that one, they might make better parents than some of the so called normal ones we see.

I am not against people with disabilities having kids, my mate with Cerebral Palsy fathered a healthy Baby Boy as he had no condition that would mean otherwise, he was starved of oxygen at birth due to the cord being wrapped round his neck, but I think where hereditary condition its probably inadvisable, the entry from Wikipedia suggests its probably a very academic possibility.

Fertility

Fertility amongst both males and females is reduced; males are usually unable to father children, while females demonstrate significantly lower rates of conception relative to unaffected individuals. Approximately half of the offspring of someone with Down's syndrome also have the syndrome themselves.[42] There have been only three recorded instances of males with Down syndrome fathering children
Old 18 March 2009, 09:41 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Jamz3k;8584346][quote=Kieran_Burns;8584309]

I personally think what Jacko is saying is right. Not to be nasty but natural selection in the wildlife seems to work rather well, how can the human race progress if we are actively polluting our own gene pool?
Glad you see my point, was feeling a little like I had said something massively offensive.

Hitler was a nutter, without doubt and took things way way further than any sane person would so the Eugenics debate has become a byword for **** policy, I personally think that if by breeding people are likely to produce children that will be sick all their lives with painful conditions then don't do it, I read about the practice in Rural Pakistan of first cousins marrying to avoid dowries going out of the family and as its a custom but they have a massively higher incidence of birth defects and illnesses, how can that be right, there are enough possibilities of babies being born with problems, why court it this way ?
Old 19 March 2009, 01:09 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

But her 21-year-old son Otto has Down's syndrome and has had trouble finding a partner.

So she is appealing for women to come forward so Otto can 'enjoy the same experiences as other men his age'.

The above is what concerns me. He may be 21 but my understanding of Downs is, they do not mature mind wise as they do body wise. He may be 21, but is his mind?

If he has urges, which he will at that age, he may not understand what those urges are and the question of possible pregnancy does not bear thinking about. Sorry if that sounds harsh, I assure you, I don't mean it to.

It's a tough call, but saying that, I think the Mother is wrong, very wrong
Old 19 March 2009, 01:47 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I can't see any problem with that.

I am a mother, and I don't need to pimp my son out, as he is capable to do it himself. But for a mother (or a father) who wants her/his son to satisfy as many needs in life as possible, I can understand where she is coming from. I even feel bad about my neutered cats not to be able to have babies, as they will never experience a natural process of reproduction, although I know of the benefits of neutering them. So, if a mother is wanting her son to fulfil the sexual aspect of his life, what is wrong with that??? There are real stories of disabled soldiers where their parents had taken them to brothel for the same reason, and why not???

Cognitive and physical development is seen to be slower in Downs Syndrome people, and the development and capabilities are observed to differ for every individual case. Perhaps her son is ready and capable for sex? Mother would know better than we do. She could quietly take the son to Amsterdam, and pay a few quid to a prostitute to sort her son out but instead, she is publicising the issue through the media for awareness. She is indicating the discrimination in society by doing so.

Son can use contraceptives so that no pregnancy occurs. Generally, fertility amongst both males and females is reduced. But if it does happen, there are 50% chances for them to have Downs baby. better to be safe than sorry, innit?

In my opinion, mother has clear cut view upon the sexual needs of an individual that happens to be her adopted and disabled son. IMO her concern for her son is justified. Any parent will be worried for their son if he didn't have a GF for a long time, unless he had a BF It is normal. Media coverage will attract people's views an opinions, which is justified too.
Old 19 March 2009, 08:28 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

See the story of Otto's plight on BBC3 tonight at 8PM.

He's on the telly now, he surely has to get laid.
Old 19 March 2009, 09:15 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 84of300
But her 21-year-old son Otto has Down's syndrome and has had trouble finding a partner.

So she is appealing for women to come forward so Otto can 'enjoy the same experiences as other men his age'.

The above is what concerns me. He may be 21 but my understanding of Downs is, they do not mature mind wise as they do body wise. He may be 21, but is his mind?

If he has urges, which he will at that age, he may not understand what those urges are and the question of possible pregnancy does not bear thinking about. Sorry if that sounds harsh, I assure you, I don't mean it to.

It's a tough call, but saying that, I think the Mother is wrong, very wrong

Yup!
Old 19 March 2009, 10:40 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

There's loads of 21 year old 'normal' blokes who cant get laid. Hell you only have to visit the Computer forum on here and you'll find a load of 30 somethings who cant get a sniff!
Old 19 March 2009, 01:37 PM
Removed.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
There's loads of 21 year old 'normal' blokes who cant get laid. Hell you only have to visit the Computer forum on here and you'll find a load of 30 somethings who cant get a sniff!

Up yours Big Nose

PS I'm a 40 something and married, so no I don't get a sniff.

Quick Reply: Pimping your son out...