Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Now that Houses are selling ...

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2009, 08:27 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Now that Houses are selling ...

When will the new cars start selling again .... or, has it picked up allready?

Those (including myself) who waited too long for the housing market to fall further, are now seeing houses selling and more than one buyer bidding - and have been too slow for the real bargains (which were last November, as it turns out).

Of course, the market may receive another knock ..... we shall see.

Anyway, there have been amazing deals on new cars and lots of pre-registered cars sitting around for months and months. These cars seem to be selling now - to the point where Dealers are short of stock and the new deal bargains seem to be disappearing!!

Is it also too late for car bargains?

I think the market in both Houses and Cars is picking up hugely, due to some very low prices ................. but I think the bargains have gone!

What do you reckon?
Old 10 March 2009, 08:38 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

I think you're trolling.

Slow day Pete?
Old 10 March 2009, 08:40 PM
scooby jay
Scooby Regular

Well i work for a big ford main dealer were pushing on average 130 cars a week thru our pdi centre so far to date we have registered about 400 new cars the majority being the new fiesta so yes sales have picked not sure about other manufactures by the way weve got 8 focus rs ,s on order comming in soon so someone has got money to play with

Last edited by scooby jay; 10 March 2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10 March 2009, 08:42 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

New cars are still selling but way down on last years figures, used car prices seem to be firming up.
House prices however are still falling, not quite sure why you think they've bottomed out?
Old 10 March 2009, 08:42 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
I think you're trolling.

Slow day Pete?
Trolling???? How the F is that Trolling????
Old 10 March 2009, 08:47 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bugeyeandy
House prices however are still falling, not quite sure why you think they've bottomed out?
I didn't say they had bottomed out - I said they are selling.

Being in the market for 9 months I have seen what has been happening - nothing, and I mean nothing, was selling in October to December 2008 ..... now, every single house I was tracking has been sold!! (yes, they were the best ... clearly, or I wouldn't have been watching them) but, they have all sold within the last 2 weeks! (while I waited for the prices to fall further).

The next logically stop for money, after houses, is a car ..... I was wondering if that market is picking up in the same way as house sales are?
Old 10 March 2009, 08:53 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

From the people I know in the trade, they say its slowly coming together now, and slowly but surely the buying is up
Old 10 March 2009, 08:55 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
From the people I know in the trade, they say its slowly coming together now, and slowly but surely the buying is up
That's what I was wondering ..... time to buy a new car if you want one, I guess?

By this time next year we may all be wondering what all the fuss was about!
Old 10 March 2009, 08:57 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
That's what I was wondering ..... time to buy a new car if you want one, I guess?

I would not say its time to buy one as such. But the 0's always seem to sell better during hard times than the 5's... so now the 09's are out, its time to buy, where as last half of the 8's was not, especially with money being tight.

Better offers at the mo though, along with good finance deals (if you can get the finance)
Old 10 March 2009, 09:03 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

SSU ,we did try and tell all the DoomMongers a couple of months ago .!!!!!!

Now maybe they will listen .

As my friend Yazz said "the only way is up ."
Old 10 March 2009, 09:11 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

When will the new cars start selling again .... or, has it picked up allready?

Those (including myself) who waited too long for the housing market to fall further, are now seeing houses selling and more than one buyer bidding - and have been too slow for the real bargains (which were last November, as it turns out).

Of course, the market may receive another knock ..... we shall see.

Anyway, there have been amazing deals on new cars and lots of pre-registered cars sitting around for months and months. These cars seem to be selling now - to the point where Dealers are short of stock and the new deal bargains seem to be disappearing!!

Is it also too late for car bargains?

I think the market in both Houses and Cars is picking up hugely, due to some very low prices ................. but I think the bargains have gone!

What do you reckon?
Pete, you better hurry up and jump in then! Put all your available capital and leverage into the housing market asap. Let us know how you get on, I'm sure you'll make a killing
Old 10 March 2009, 09:14 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I'm too late ..... I fear
Old 10 March 2009, 09:14 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

LOL! Yeah demand must be well up now, as rapidly rising unemployment, a further deteriorating economic outlook, and very strict lending is always a firm basis for making people feel comfortable about major purchases!...

House prices down 20% during 2009 and a further 15-20% in 2010 followed by smaller falls/stagnation.
Old 10 March 2009, 09:21 PM
AJF
Scooby Regular

what you need to do is look at who are buying house right now
would make you mad if you knew who are behind the 2 biggest house buying companies right now

Adrian
Old 10 March 2009, 09:22 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

More like this time next year we'll be praying it doesn't get any worse. Lets not forget we're in the middle of the largest ever financial collapse and it's only been going a few months.

BTW i'm renting and also waiting for the mega deals on houses/mortgages to appear
Old 10 March 2009, 09:23 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

You can rest assured they are watching !!!!!!

You sure bring em out SSU .!!!!!

Last edited by njkmrs; 10 March 2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10 March 2009, 09:49 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Taken a break from watching Liverpool kicking @rse.

With economic data showing we're in a financial storm of biblical proportions, Bernanke saying this is the worse........

Ah stuff that, it's 3 nil now! Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10 March 2009, 10:29 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

So Sunny, do you shop here often?

Old 10 March 2009, 10:41 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
So Sunny, do you shop here often?

Holy crap Matteboy, I used to live above there before that cockney git took over, Can't remember that super dog in meva though.

Last edited by kingofturds; 10 March 2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11 March 2009, 08:16 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

KoT - really?!
TBH I just googled and found it then noticed the St Austell dialling code!
Old 11 March 2009, 08:41 AM
RyanSTI
Scooby Regular

most people havent lost there jobs, so this "crisis" has dropped alot of peoples tracker morgages, meaning they have more money to pay with every month.

I did tell people on here about the book rising on used cars, and you can see it out there, some cars have atually increased in price, theres a massive lack of used cars everywhere!, and the deals on new ones are staggering!,
Old 11 March 2009, 10:20 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

a lovely "grand designs" style bungalow sold in the village yesterday, was up at 399k last summer, which it would have reached easily a few years ago, I think (desperate sellers too) it has gone for about 345k, which is an absolute bargain

this is another "do the bears **** in the woods" thread, bottom feeders are out and buying and indeed "dipping bread", as they will make a killing medium term

we are talking two different markets here -- "the turds", that get an artificial polishing by cheap money and a booming econmomy

and real value properties with a long transactional history in good locations etc -- these as SSUP as found out will stabilise and sell – because even with 5% unemployment lots of people have jobs and few people want to live long term in turds

i will say it again for the hard of hearing and deluded who think we are going to see, "turds" excepted maybe, property crash to 1972 levels -- IT WONT HAPPEN

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 11 March 2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11 March 2009, 10:38 AM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
LOL! Yeah demand must be well up now, as rapidly rising unemployment, a further deteriorating economic outlook, and very strict lending is always a firm basis for making people feel comfortable about major purchases!...

House prices down 20% during 2009 and a further 15-20% in 2010 followed by smaller falls/stagnation.
According to the Halifax house price index, house prices in 2009 so far have risen.

They are higher priced now than what they were in December. Your guess of 20% down by the end of the year only has 10 months left to manifest itself

Considering it has taken 18mths for the current 19.5% fall in house prices, you reckon another 20% in around half that time

QE has just been announced, £75bn going into the banks as we speak followed by another £75bn in a few months time.

I do not think they will fall anywhere near 20% this year, i suspect more like 10 as we will have a few months of ups and downs wiping each other out, i.e like Januarys gains, Februarys drops.

Wishful and very hopeful thinking, but Pete does have a point, buying has definitely picked up.
Old 11 March 2009, 10:45 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Oh joy!! Another house thread! At this rate it'll have it's own forum section
Old 11 March 2009, 10:53 AM
Luke
BANNED

Trolling???? How the F is that Trolling????

Pete , its a excuse many here (Mainly mods) use . All you do is start a debate., if people want to join in then fine. The rest should stick to posts about cats and women's problems etc. "Trolling" is used by people who call others they do not know "Fella", they think its cool !. People need to take a long good look in the mirror if they cannot handle a PSL thread!
Old 11 March 2009, 11:34 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

The people who keep insisting that house prices are going to lose another 40%, are the ones who have most to gain for saying such things. They don't want you or I to start buying again until house prices drop to a level that 'they' can afford.

What they fail to realise is that if everyone keeps the 'b&llsh&t' up, there really will be a **** storm.
Old 11 March 2009, 11:36 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luke
Pete , its a excuse many here (Mainly mods) use . All you do is start a debate., if people want to join in then fine. The rest should stick to posts about cats and women's problems etc. "Trolling" is used by people who call others they do not know "Fella", they think its cool !. People need to take a long good look in the mirror if they cannot handle a PSL thread!
Totally agree. I feel Flightman is only thinking of himself when he makes such comments. And it is getting rather boring now.
Old 11 March 2009, 11:44 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

We'll see wether the 75 billion injected fools the populus into thinking were rich and the housing market starts shooting up again
Old 11 March 2009, 11:47 AM
Luke
BANNED

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
Totally agree. I feel Flightman is only thinking of himself when he makes such comments. And it is getting rather boring now.
Thats 3 people who have agreed with me today .........

bloody hell this place has changed !
Old 11 March 2009, 11:52 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I somehow think that there is a very long way to go before we can really see a recovery from the parlous state this bunch of plonkers have dropped us into.

The amount of debt this country has now is mindboggling including all the PFI debts and I cannot see a way out of it yet. The apparent boom years were fuelled by overborrowing with nothing to back it up, an look at the state we are in now! We have even lost over half our gold reserves, at the lowest possible price!

Les

Quick Reply: Now that Houses are selling ...