Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

what are your thoughts on men hitting women?

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2009, 08:00 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what are your thoughts on men hitting women?

Hitting as in a slap/ thump etc

I know that all the men on here would never do such a thing but i was more interested on what the women thought

Personally if i hit a man i would expect to be put in my place but not by excessive force.

I do not condone violence against women

What are your opinions?
Old 09 March 2009, 08:02 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not condone violence against anyone really, but I'd make exceptions for the Dillons and Gordon 'auld one eye' Brown!
Old 09 March 2009, 08:03 PM
New_scooby_04

Just don't ask 'Brttrx'

Unacceptable in my view. May be necessary to restrain, but hit? No!
Old 09 March 2009, 08:04 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

What do you say to a women with two black eyes

Nothing, you've told her twice already!

The report is not surprising as sadly it reflects GB in 2009.

This along with knife crime, gun crime becoming an everyday occurrence and acceptable as we build up a tolerance of it.

Sad but true, the Jeremy Kyle generation who get hammered, drugged up and do what they want to whom they want when they want with little fear of repercussions and no responsibility for their actions...OK, not domestic violence goes on in council houses, i would be interested to see how it breaks down into socioeconomic groups, regions and ethnicity

Hitting partners' of either sex is not right - violence like this has no part in a relationship. People guilty of this should seek professional help! i wonder just how many kids have watched thier parents beating on each other then repeated the behaviour in thier relationships as they got older...

Last edited by The Zohan; 09 March 2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09 March 2009, 08:07 PM
Mog
Scooby Regular

What about women hitting men, which is a bigger problem than people think due to men not reporting it, either way it shouldn't happen.

Mog
Old 09 March 2009, 08:10 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

Depends if she has a bottle
Old 09 March 2009, 08:22 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

well my ex partner tried to stab me with a kitchen knife when she over heard my mates girlfriend in the background when she phoned me ( we wasnt together then either) now she lured me up there saying her grandma had been rushed into hospital and needed me to watch the kids so i shot up there straight away.
as soon as i walked in she locked the door and came at me with a huge kitchen knife and i ended up with a cut hand, i barricaded myself between the front door and the hallway where she tried stabbing me through the glass door i was using as a shield.

through all this i didnt touch her

rang police pn my mobile and they came up and spoke to her..... now the treatment i got off the police was disgusting as if i had done something wrong they put her in cells for night as she had been drinking and the police wouldnt let me take my own kids back to my house either.

now if i had just punched her and knocked her out cold what u think would of happened to me ? do you think she would of deserved it?

by the way she got a telling off from the police and that was it

Last edited by phil_wrx; 09 March 2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: just for saxoboy :D
Old 09 March 2009, 08:23 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Connor_scotland
I wouldnt lift my hand to a lass... I have one exception which is below

I have always said the only way i would thump a lass would be if i caught her cheating on me then they would get treated like a man.
That admission makes you look an idiot, lacking in self esteem.

I work in this field and see battered women that have suffered at the hands of people like you. You're a domestic violence case waiting to happen if what you said is true.
Old 09 March 2009, 08:25 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I am against men hitting women. Women shouldn't hit men either. Little slap or a baseball bat, it leaves a deep scar on the soul, never to be healed.

It is often observed that passionate couples may use violence against their partners and take violence back too. But they live with an understanding, where such scars are hidden under a blanket of delusion called love. The reality it that such blanket corrodes day by day, and eventually breaks; with all those scars showing up in a different format.

When a man cheats on a woman, its possible that woman might lose it, and beat the chest of the man. You see it in films. Men tend to take that as a reaction from a loser or a victim. Their guilt makes them take it, their common sense of realising that woman is physically weaker than a man eaves them as a non-reactionary party in such circumstances. It happens. But, if it was a man hits woman after her cheating on him, woman can be damaged. Therefore, man should kick the door instead. he should not go chasing womans lover (third party) either with a metal pole. Doing that solves nothing, when the issue is actually the quality of the relationship between the two.

Anyway, back to the subject. Men shouldn't hit women. Fetish lovers like things like that, but that is for sexual arousal in their culture I think even some Gothika stylee fetish queen will freak out with an angry slap from a man.

Men who claim to "give back as bad as they get" to women are cowards in my views. Generally, men are physically stronger. They should realise that they can damage women with one slap, while woman may end up damaging her own hand by punching a strong man's body.

Violent men are going on a register anyway.

Last edited by Turbohot; 09 March 2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09 March 2009, 08:34 PM
spireite
BANNED

Originally Posted by sarasquares

I know that all the men on here would never do such a thing but i was more interested on what the women thought

Personally if i hit a man i would expect to be put in my place but not by excessive force.

I do not condone violence against women

What are your opinions?

Get back in that kitchen squarsey before i black you eyes
Old 09 March 2009, 08:36 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

well my ex partner tried to stab me with a kitchen when she over heard my mates girlfriend in the background when she phoned me
Fair play to her for trying to impale you with a sink, fridge, washing machine, work tops and wall units all at once
Old 09 March 2009, 08:38 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Violent men are going on a register anyway.
More gov't spin im afraid, have a look and listen to this, heard this on R5 live this evening and it puts the governments actions into perspective - more soundbites, less real effective action.

Jacqui Smith attacked by campaigner for 'spin' over domestic violence 'gimmick' - Times Online

Last edited by The Zohan; 09 March 2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09 March 2009, 08:50 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

hitting your wife/girlfriend ---- surely it's like keying your own car!!!!!
Old 09 March 2009, 08:52 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

domestic violence is going to increase dramatically, just wait till this generation of knife wielding lunatic teens become adults
Old 09 March 2009, 09:04 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

I've never felt the need to actually hit a woman before, but I've been severly pushed on a few occasions. If anyone, male or female hits me then they would get it back.

Apart from being with a psycho bloke who just beats women for fun, many women could do themselves a big favour simply by leaving a bloke alone for a cooling off period instead of embarking on a nag fest.

I think the idea of a national database is another example of gestapoesque from this 'police state' gov't. Is domestic violence the new paedophilia?
Old 09 March 2009, 09:09 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Originally Posted by Connor_scotland
I wouldnt lift my hand to a lass... I have one exception which is below

I have always said the only way i would thump a lass would be if i caught her cheating on me then they would get treated like a man.

If i got dumped by a lass i would never do anything like that just the whole "cheating" thing infuriates me

No Exceptions
Old 09 March 2009, 09:10 PM
MissyV
Scooby Regular

I know, I can't actually believe there is a debate on this It's wrong. End of.
Old 09 March 2009, 09:14 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

I some pished fat fouled mouthed laddette decides she wanted to hit me she's be picking up teeth.

So be careful sara .

General rule is that violence is not required - but some folk only understand violence and therefore it must be reserved as a last resort (for everyone).

Sign of the times .
Old 09 March 2009, 09:16 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MissyV

even following my example ?
Old 09 March 2009, 09:18 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares

Really?
Statistically I reckon a couple of percent at least have at least violently slapped a woman, if not punched and full on assaulted.

As for doing it. Its pathetic, and people who do it should be dealt with severely

Woman on man violence does need highlighting too though, I agree.
Old 09 March 2009, 09:21 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
That admission makes you look an idiot, lacking in self esteem.

I work in this field and see battered women that have suffered at the hands of people like you. You're a domestic violence case waiting to happen if what you said is true.
Would have to agree to a large extent.

I have pushed the ex away by her neck before, when she went for me with a 4ft metal pole, but thats it for me.
Old 09 March 2009, 09:23 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
More gov't spin im afraid, have a look and listen to this, heard this on R5 live this evening and it puts the governments actions into perspective - more soundbites, less real effective action.

Jacqui Smith attacked by campaigner for 'spin' over domestic violence 'gimmick' - Times Online
Thanks, Paul. An interesting read.

As the article says, the register is among one of the ideas published in a consultation document on reducing domestic violence and protecting women. Smith also said that more needed to be done to challenge attitudes which condoned violence against women and girls. I can't knock that effort by the government, even if it prevents/reduces violence to some extent. There will be a national debate on this topic too, which may bring about more ideas to tackle the issue. Charities like Refuge will be involved in that, to offer their suggestions.

It's correct what Ms.Horley is saying that the majority of violent men don’t come to the attention of police and it won’t keep women safe. I wonder why such violent men don't come into the attention of police?? Are they not being reported?? if not, then why not?? What can be done about emowering women (physically and emotionally) to report men like that?? What will keep women safe?? Obviously, more campaigning is required to raise awareness, more education is to be given out about this word called "love" which could be hiding scars underneath, more investigation of the issue is required, more debate needs to take place. Government need to do more, and they will know what to do, if they know what is expected. That is why, further national debate has been requested.

Time will tell what comes out of such efforts.

Last edited by Turbohot; 09 March 2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09 March 2009, 09:25 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by L.J.F
No Exceptions
I think this is a ridiculous statement. A proprtion of women these days are violent and the idea that you can laugh off a weapon wielding physco woman with a slap is bollocks. I have never hit a woman but have seen situations where a good swift punch was the order of the day. A close friend had a mental girlfriend who tried to stab him more than once tried to bite off his finger and stabbed him in the eye with a car key.
While many more women are on the recieving end of un necesary violence than should be, there are some that deliberately provoke partners into violence, there are some who choose to go out with notoriously violent men as a matter of course then persist in winding them up. Any one of those women who actively seek out notoriously violent partners should never act surprised when they get hit, they chose to choose and target those men and have to live with the consequences.
While beating up a defenseless woman is wrong what would you do if confronted by a nut case outside a pub with a broken bottle who happend to be a woman ? If it happend to me she would get punched just like she was a bloke.
Old 09 March 2009, 09:26 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Never ever to a woman who is sane (but how many are???) lol

If one lunged or had a go, she'd get a slap, no messing.

My mate gets a lot of hassle (bouncer) from p!ssed up splitters who can't take their drink, had his fair share of high heels over the head (which they always seem to use as a weapon) - if it happened to me they'd be launched thru a window, try hitting a man in anger, get treat like one.

been with my partner for over 8 years now and have never ever felt the need to do anything like that though, but some women are asking for it if you ask me.
Old 09 March 2009, 09:27 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by MissyV
Why is a debate wrong when violence like this it is on the increase?

I wonder just how much the amount of female violence we see on a Friday/Saturday nights (for example) outside night clubs/pubs/bars late at night has contributed, the 'Ladette' culture, girls fighting in the street with each other and men as well. Not saying it is justified at all but it in no way will help.

Agian a reflection on modern society and the lack of respect for others
Old 09 March 2009, 09:28 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

No doubt, spoken by a women happy to lay into a bloke safe in the knowledge he won't defend himself

IMHO there is no excuse for striking another human being under almost any circumstances. However, if a lassy sets about me I'm doing to defend myself and put her on her ***...end of.
Old 09 March 2009, 09:34 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

As a side point one very cute little blond girl I know loves a bit of violence to get her in the mood. She actually needs some surpisingly hard slaps and the occasional punch to get going.
She just loves being brutalised in every way possible, not really normal but does get some questions asked when she turns up for work covered in bruises.
Old 09 March 2009, 09:40 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Prhaps thew question should be about repeated/systematic domestic violence and the effects as it is all too easy to get side tracked.

All of us have the right to defend oursleves against attack. do we have the right to beat the living daylights out of someone because they burned the dinner or forgot to get Frosties instread of Wheatos

Quick Reply: what are your thoughts on men hitting women?