Porsche v Bikes on the bahn

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2009, 11:04 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche v Bikes on the bahn

Site NWS

Porsche Vs. Bikers On Autobahn [ Movies ] - EvilChili :: Hot Entertainment Delivered Daily :: Fear the Chili

think the porsche gets left behind

Mart
Old 31 January 2009, 11:33 PM
serega
Scooby Regular

can people really be that freaking stupid ? I understand there are adrenaline junkies and its alright to risk your own life and there is a place for such behaviour, but i think those guys in the video not only are utterly ignorant but have serious mental issues as well..
Old 31 January 2009, 11:47 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

59 secs... lucky lucky boy!
Old 01 February 2009, 12:21 AM
dannytwo
Scooby Regular

That is just pure lunacy,porsche driver wont last long driving like that!!!
Old 01 February 2009, 12:25 AM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

That was just plain madness.......if any of the overtaken car drivers had been a bit slow and made the wrong manouvere to try and "get out of the way" then it would have been absolute carnage.....
Old 01 February 2009, 09:35 AM
C17RPA
Scooby Regular

Trending Topics

Old 01 February 2009, 09:43 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Fecking nuts. As said before driving at that speed all it takes is someone in front not paying attention and BOOM I see dead people!

Justice would have been done if he had of side swiped the bikers when he nearly lost it at the beginning.

Simon
Old 01 February 2009, 10:10 AM
spireite
BANNED

Shame they were not in body bags at the end
Old 01 February 2009, 10:17 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

How that biker was not killed when he pulled out in front of the porsche I will never know

And in other news....damn that car is faster than mine!
Old 01 February 2009, 11:11 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Fabioso
That was just plain madness.......if any of the overtaken car drivers had been a bit slow and made the wrong manouvere to try and "get out of the way" then it would have been absolute carnage.....
And believe me that happens far to often, most people on the autobahn have a complete lack ability to judge the speed of some of the cars and bikes that use the autobahns. I myself had someone in a micra pull out in front of me whilst I was doing 240kmh. Fortunately big brakes and a big enough gap prevented the carnage that could have happened.

And before all you dogooder PC types complain about being reckless you are legally allowed to drive at these spoeeds on the autobahns here.
Old 01 February 2009, 11:21 AM
spireite
BANNED

Originally Posted by Wurzel
And believe me that happens far to often, most people on the autobahn have a complete lack ability to judge the speed of some of the cars and bikes that use the autobahns. I myself had someone in a micra pull out in front of me whilst I was doing 240kmh. Fortunately big brakes and a big enough gap prevented the carnage that could have happened.

And before all you dogooder PC types complain about being reckless you are legally allowed to drive at these spoeeds on the autobahns here.

Do you still do 240km/h or as your near miss slowed you down any (not a dig ) just curious
Old 01 February 2009, 11:35 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wurzel

Do-gooder ?

Speed itself is safe, driving like that isn't, all that saved the Porsche driver, I suspect was the PASM system and luck.

Part of using high speeds is responsibility, Germans do manage it quite well, cars will pull out, its not the Micra drivers fault as it is your responsibility to allow for things like that if you are overtaking and carrying so much speed, you alone take the decision to keep accelerating.
Old 01 February 2009, 11:43 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by J4CKO
its not the Micra drivers fault as it is your responsibility to allow for things like that if you are overtaking and carrying so much speed, you alone take the decision to keep accelerating.
I disagree .. The Micro is responable for checking before he pulls out !

If someone did it here when you were doing 70, just as you got along side them, you'd be in trouble. Does that mean its up to you to go slower ?

Stupidly fast is always stupidly fast .. but you cant put all the blame on someone who isn't legally doing anything wrong... imho
Old 01 February 2009, 11:53 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by spireite
Do you still do 240km/h or as your near miss slowed you down any (not a dig ) just curious
I don't always drive like that no, it is an every now and again stab on the loud pedal. I have a fast car I know I have a fast car I don't need to prove it.

The particular reason for this stint of speed was for someone elses benefit who had never been that fast in a car.

As for Jackos comment about it being my responsibility he may be correct but as I said there was just sufficient enough gap for me to brake without skidding or hitting the micra. However it is also the responsibility of other drivers to be aware of other traffic on the road especially when on an unrestricted autobahn. Normally I watch the car infront of the car infront of me, but also when driving fast watch the cars in the other lane and what is infront of them and are they likely to need to pull out into my lane. I am not the worlds greatest driver but I can judge other cars and generally predict what they might do on the autobahn. Plus I have been driving a sccob on the autobahns for 8 years now and not crashed into anything.
Old 01 February 2009, 11:58 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Do-gooder ?

its not the Micra drivers fault as it is your responsibility to allow for things like that if you are overtaking and carrying so much speed, you alone take the decision to keep accelerating.
its not the micra`s fault for pulling out infront of an on comming car?....................hellllooooooo
Old 01 February 2009, 12:10 PM
Wizzbang
Scooby Regular

You know those broken white lines that divide the lanes......that means give way dont you know. Therefore if you are changing lanes, you must give way to traffic, the same as you would exiting a junction etc.
Old 01 February 2009, 12:17 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ
its not the micra`s fault for pulling out infront of an on comming car?....................hellllooooooo
Of course cars should check but bikes and cars doing over 150 mph can appear very quickly to a car doing 70 coming over a slight dip of sweeping bend in the motorway. At very high speed you have to accept that in certain situations it appears like cars and bikes appear from knowhere. As a biker I like to be wel aware of this as 150mph plus is just not expected on a any road.
Old 01 February 2009, 01:35 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
As a biker I like to be wel aware of this as 150mph plus is just not expected on a any road.
the incident happened on a autobhan didnt it? speeds like that should be expected TBH, i know if i was on a motorway/autobhan where there was virtually no speed limits i would be very very carefull before i pulled out in front of anything, common sense goes a long way in these situations
Old 01 February 2009, 01:54 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the incident happened on a autobhan didnt it? speeds like that should be expected TBH, i know if i was on a motorway/autobhan where there was virtually no speed limits i would be very very carefull before i pulled out in front of anything, common sense goes a long way in these situations
Old 01 February 2009, 01:55 PM
spireite
BANNED

but you after take into consideration that not everyone is an expert driver and pensioners especially don't have quick reactions
Old 01 February 2009, 02:11 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by spireite
but you after take into consideration that not everyone is an expert driver and pensioners especially don't have quick reactions
these people should be taking into account just where abouts they actually are and drive accordingly
Old 01 February 2009, 02:39 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Got to disagree with Jacko; if you are driving along at 70mph in full knowledge you are on an unrestricted part of the German autoban then you deserve to die if you change lanes without thoroughly checking and assessing the speed of all vehicles within visual range behind you.
Old 01 February 2009, 02:39 PM
nardoblue
Scooby Regular

Great riding, well done those biker's showed him the way to go home
Old 01 February 2009, 02:43 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Great riding, well done those biker's showed him the way to go home
Lol, yeah.....it's real tough to wind it on in a straight line
Old 01 February 2009, 03:18 PM
serega
Scooby Regular

If you rear end someone on the autobahn in the fast lane, the person who got rear-ended is at fault, its the law as far as i know. But the problem is not about whose fault it is, because at those speeds, not checking your mirrors can cause death for more than a few people..

My mate nearly got caught out like that as well, was doing 180mph in his bmw m5 when a crappy polo pulled out, he managed to slow down just an inch away and his upgraded brembos seized up..he was just thankfull to be alive..

Last edited by serega; 01 February 2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01 February 2009, 03:25 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Yes, the Micra driver is responsible for checking his mirrors, as we all are but at those kind of speed differences you can look, maneuver and before you have finished there is a car upon you, you cant mitigate for bad driving, even if the Micra driver didnt look properly you are still partly to blame, as the overtaking, faster vehicle, if you plough into the back of someone the blame is with you, you need to be at a speed where you can react and brake or steer which it sounds like Wurzel just about managed.

If there are other cars around, you have to allow for them making irrational lane changes, I have had it done to me, Acid, Wurzel wasn't talking about pulling out on an oncoming vehicle, oncoming suggests opposite directions, they were going in the same direction.

There is really only one rule to driving, don't hit anything, I have been doing a lot of cycling and that teaches you that you can still be bang in the right but still be dead, if a truck pulls out on you at 70 kmh vesus your 240 kmh then it will hurt, the truck driver wont get a scratch and probably wont be prosecuted, sometimes vehicles have to change direction for many reasons, the roads are full of cretins, assume everyone is one and you wont be dissapointed.
Old 01 February 2009, 03:26 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by serega
If you rear end someone on the autobahn in the fast lane, the person who got rear-ended is at fault
is that because they didnt move out of the way of the fast oncomming vehicle?
Old 01 February 2009, 03:27 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Some of the worst driving and riding I've ever seen.

Extremely dangerous and inexperienced amateurs.

Old 01 February 2009, 03:31 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by serega
If you rear end someone on the autobahn in the fast lane, the person who got rear-ended is at fault, its the law as far as i know. But the problem is not about whose fault it is, because at those speeds, not checking your mirrors can cause death for more than a few people..

My mate nearly got caught out like that as well, was doing 180mph in his bmw m5 when a crappy polo pulled out, he managed to slow down just an inch away and his upgraded brembos seized up..he was just thankfull to be alive..
Ok, the Autobahn doesnt have a speed limit, but most manufacturers limit their cars to 155 mph, 180 if we are honest does not have a place on any road used by the public, just because you can doesn't make it a good idea, we have a 70 mph limit, I set myself an unofficial 90 mph limit that I do stray over occasionally and have done 150 on an empty road, wont do it again, dont need to get anywhere that fast and arrive a gibbering wreck having narrowly avoided killing myself and someone else.

Quick Reply: Porsche v Bikes on the bahn