Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2009, 10:44 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gordon Brown: 'Judge me on the year ahead'

He said in January 2008.
Gordon Brown: 'Judge me on the year ahead' - Telegraph

Well what do you think then, has he done us all proud, have things got better in the last year?
Has crime and the crackdown on serious crime really made a difference?
Has he cracked down on knife crime?
Has he strengthened the economy?
Has he provided British jobs for British workers?
Do you feel that bailing out the banks and letting them then use the money to sure up their existing bad debts was best use of the money?

If he Brown and his lacklustre donkeys in his cabinet had the nuts to call an election would they win or lose and why?

Your thoughts in a chilly Saturday morning please

Oh and re knife crime; this little gem as of yesterday and as for cracking down on knife crime
Man stabbed to death in Croydon - Crime, UK - The Independent

and could this be a result of
Most knife offenders escape prison - Telegraph

Last edited by The Zohan; 31 January 2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 31 January 2009, 10:51 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

He's a terrible prime minister, but the very fact that there is even a thread asking whether he would win an election or not shows just how poor the opposition are.

Love him or hate him Barack Obama is a perosnailiuty, a leader and a great speaker. Sadly we in the UK have no Barack Obama waiting in the wings, just David Cameron and his bunch of half wits and that is why I shall either not be voting or voting for one of the more minor parties.

Cameron is another Blair - same s**t, different coloured rosette.
Old 31 January 2009, 11:02 AM
audioscape
Scooby Regular

we need a punishment that fits the crime ! do what they do in saudi if they steel cut off one of there hands bring back decent punishment!

well all they polictcal parties suck all do gooders and suck up to europe stuff europe why not make britain great again, what do we make apart from insurence policy that mean jack and sell finance does anyone know what we actually make in this country from start to finish using british parts only?
Old 31 January 2009, 11:08 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Judge him on the year ahead? I think I might judge him on his last decade it politics.

So he might pull a slightly better year out of his behind, better than the last one whereby he almost wrecked the entire country. And we should forgive the last decade.

Sorry Gordon you stutter monkey, Your outta here!
Old 31 January 2009, 11:24 AM
audioscape
Scooby Regular

bring on the next priminister bet he/she will carry on same old same old

it will take until 2011 according to the emf for us to start recovering we need to start to manufacture over here and get out of europe.
Old 31 January 2009, 11:35 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Love him or hate him Barack Obama is a personality, a leader and a great speaker.
So far Obama has been in the top job for around a week as there is little to judge him on or the effects of what he has done so far, as for a great leader time will tell - I do hope he is.

I did like his recent speech to the people where he said the government has a lot to do the get the country back on its feet in this time of recession and that all the people need to get involved and take ownership/responsibility (paraphrased slightly!)
Good call IMHO.

Brown said judge me in 12 months (Jan '08), i am taking him up in his kind offer so what do you think then?

As for opposition - there has to be a change, Camorons Conservatives are the only realistic option so pressure needs to be brought to bare to make sure that they have it right and do the right thing.

As for voting for a lesser party then is that really a good use of you vote if just doing it to send a message, isn't that what allowed the BNP in to certain constituencies?

Last edited by The Zohan; 31 January 2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 31 January 2009, 11:38 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

There is no doubt that Obama has the personality and the ability as far as communication is concerned to impress. We had one like that here 11 years ago!

I would prefer to wait for a bit to see what he can really do for his country and the world before I pass an opinion on his leadership and effectiveness. I just hope he turns out to be as he promises to be.

Cameron admired Blair's abilities along those lines and he attempted to model himself on him in an attempt to swing us all towards him. I don't think he is in that class but that does not necessarily mean that he can't turn out to be a hell of a lot better for this country as a whole than the poor bunch that we have got at the moment. We can see all the evidence we need to show us what a failure they have all been and their incompetence has dragged this once outstanding country into its present parlous state.

Overborrowing, lack of ability to monitor the country's finances and those who were screwing them up for their own selfish reasons, wild and uncontrolled spending, total lack of control of the enormous immigration totals, complete failure to do anything worthwhile about crimes of all kinds which now go virtually unpunished, the sinister gradual build up of the ability to monitor completely and collate all possible information about the people all combine to indicate a pretty awful future for us all.

I have only scratched the surface, but thats a fair bit to be going on with!

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 31 January 2009 at 11:40 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 31 January 2009, 11:39 AM
stuart n
Scooby Regular

By the standards Brown asked us to judge him on he had a very very poor year. Think the icing on the cake came when the government tried to release figures showing knife crime was faliing when in fact is is soaring out of control.

Regarding the financial crisis, as I said elsewhere even if credit starts flowing tomorrow it'll take 18 months before things start to improve enough for us to notice. Some experts say it'll take 20 years for us to get back to where we were in 2004 so whoever the next government is they're going to have to make tax rises and cut public spending/ borrowing.
Old 31 January 2009, 11:39 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Timwinner
Judge him on the year ahead? I think I might judge him on his last decade it politics.

So he might pull a slightly better year out of his behind, better than the last one whereby he almost wrecked the entire country. And we should forgive the last decade.

Sorry Gordon you stutter monkey, Your outta here!
Exactly, he wants us to credit him with saving the economy he spent 10 years wrecking?!

He's a total moron.
Old 31 January 2009, 11:43 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stuart n
By the standards Brown asked us to judge him on he had a very very poor year. Think the icing on the cake came when the government tried to release figures showing knife crime was faliing when in fact is is soaring out of control.

Regarding the financial crisis, as I said elsewhere even if credit starts flowing tomorrow it'll take 18 months before things start to improve enough for us to notice. Some experts say it'll take 20 years for us to get back to where we were in 2004 so whoever the next government is they're going to have to make tax rises and cut public spending/ borrowing.

The knifecrime has been turned into a farce and would be funny if it was not such a serious issue - ruining lives and leaving families devastated...
Old 31 January 2009, 11:50 AM
audioscape
Scooby Regular

moron no thats too kind get ready for 20% vat i would take a guess at. funny that think thats what they pay in europe
Old 31 January 2009, 12:28 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

Point 1
Sir Alan Sugar mode : Engaged
"Gordon, you are a stuttering scottish fcukwit. You're FIRED"
Sir Alan Sugar mode : Disengaged
Go to Point 1
Old 31 January 2009, 01:03 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Lop Eye McBroon, I suspect, is clinically insane.

No, really.

He is dangerous and should be sectioned for the good of society as a whole before he can do any more catastrophic damage.

He has no mandate for his actions. If he so confident that he has the backing of the UK population as he claims then he should call an election and and provide the proof.
Old 31 January 2009, 01:12 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by audioscape
bring on the next priminister bet he/she will carry on same old same old

it will take until 2011 according to the emf for us to start recovering we need to start to manufacture over here and get out of europe.
Erm, get out of Europe? Why? It's not Europe's fault that Labour choose to implement every litle directive to the hilt, while the French, Germans et al look at each directive, ask if it will benefit THEIR country, and if not, they ignore it. Why don't WE do the same? Oh.wait.........then people might stop saying "get out of Europe" and Lying Labour would have no-one to blame when things went wrong

And if we leave Europe, who is going to buy our stufff? Not Europe, that's for certain, so you've just closed the door to our biggest market?
Old 31 January 2009, 01:23 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
So far Obama has been in the top job for around a week as there is little to judge him on or the effects of what he has done so far, as for a great leader time will tell - I do hope he is.

I did like his recent speech to the people where he said the government has a lot to do the get the country back on its feet in this time of recession and that all the people need to get involved and take ownership/responsibility (paraphrased slightly!)
Good call IMHO.

Brown said judge me in 12 months (Jan '08), i am taking him up in his kind offer so what do you think then?

As for opposition - there has to be a change, Camorons Conservatives are the only realistic option so pressure needs to be brought to bare to make sure that they have it right and do the right thing.

As for voting for a lesser party then is that really a good use of you vote if just doing it to send a message, isn't that what allowed the BNP in to certain constituencies?
I think we already know that Obama has more charisma and leadership skills in his little finger than Brown or Cameron. Just look at his election campaign.

As for what do I think of Brown which bit of 'he's a terrible prime minister' did you miss? Nearly as bad as Maggie and believe you me that is saying something given my opinion of her.

As for voting for a lesser party I shall see which party best represents my views. It won't be Labour or the Tories that's for sure. As for it being a good use of my vote is voting for the party you think best represents you a bad thing just because they won't get elected?

You are advocating voting for Cameron just to get rid of Labour because you blindly to some extent (thanks to Cameron's inablity to state his party's intentions on anything other than Heathrow and more green taxes for all) believe it will be better.

I think that's worse than my 'wasted' vote.

I also think you're wrong!
Old 31 January 2009, 01:36 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Default smart **** spell checkers below :p

I WARNED OF CRISIS TEN YEARS AGO THEN DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT IT, SAYS BROWN - The Daily Mash

Exactly! I think if Brown was assinated, no one would actually care.

Urban Dictionary: Assinated

EDIT For the next poster

Last edited by rr_ww; 31 January 2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 31 January 2009, 01:44 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Wink

Originally Posted by rr_ww
I WARNED OF CRISIS TEN YEARS AGO THEN DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT IT, SAYS BROWN - The Daily Mash

Exactly! I think if Brown was assinated, no one would actually care.
Assinated?

Sounds apt punishment for an ar5ehole...
Old 31 January 2009, 01:49 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I see the neg reppers don't want the prime minister to have a mandate or to hold a general election election then.

Old 31 January 2009, 02:47 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

For over ten years, Broon said "prudent" in about one in every ten words that he spoke.

Now its "global", but in about one in every seven words

His total lack of being truly (or even vaguely) "prudent" means that we are now at the very bottom of the "global" economy

Useless ****!

mb
Old 31 January 2009, 02:58 PM
spireite
BANNED

Flash your a **** ,consider yourself judged
Old 31 January 2009, 03:07 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Times have been tough for all world leaders over the last 12 months - not a single world leader has come through 2008 with out a question mark over their head.

Brown will, and should be judged, on whether he can turn things around - certainly the World looks to him for the answers, such is his standing in worldwide economic matters.

HE did oversee the greatest wealth creating 10 years in the UK history - how short memories are on SN!

I'm no great fan of the current Labour party, I have paid (and will pay in the future) a very heavy financial penalty due to their actions on my Pension - but, I am intelligent enough to know that the Tories, under the 2 Eton Boys haven't got a clue what to do!! I know for a fact that they are counting their blessings that they do not have to pick up the pieces and re-assemble them!

One thing is for sure - the Tories are GLAD that Brown is currently in charge as they are devoid of all inspiration or Leadership.

Last edited by SunnySideUp; 31 January 2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 31 January 2009, 03:45 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
HE did oversee the greatest wealth creating 10 years in the UK history - how short memories are on SN!
Has it not transpired that the wealth he created was all on tick? And now its time for us to all pay back the debt that had been run up creating million pound bonuses for a few and a higher rate of poverty then when they took over office.

And I put that as a genuine question, not a righteous statement.
Old 31 January 2009, 04:16 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

And is it not also true that the gap between the haves and the have-nots in the UK is now wider than it has ever been, and has grown at a faster rate?

And further true that Sh*t-Brown's government was the one that opted us OUT of an EC charter that would have made it MUCH harder for employers to make workers redundant?

The party of the people?
My *rse!
Old 31 January 2009, 04:47 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Has it not transpired that the wealth he created was all on tick? And now its time for us to all pay back the debt that had been run up creating million pound bonuses for a few and a higher rate of poverty then when they took over office.

And I put that as a genuine question, not a righteous statement.
I'm sure you would have cried and shouted about the 'Nanny State' if Labour said that you could not borrow to buy your nice large house? Your new car? Your Plasma TV? Your Conservatory? ..... ????

To address the poorer sections of our community, would you have been happy for them to have increased taxes?? ......... ????

I don't know .... people on here bleet about the Government poking their noses into peoples business, then - when it gets hot - the very same people say that the Government SHOULD have stepped in and stopped people trying to better themselves!!
Old 31 January 2009, 05:23 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Cameron is another Blair - same s**t, different coloured rosette.
that about sums it up
Old 31 January 2009, 05:48 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
the World looks to him (brown) for the answers, such is his standing in worldwide economic matters.
Where does all this nonsense come from??

Gordon Brown wants the British people to have confidence in the UK's future!

Well much of the lack of confidence is HIS fault. He destroyed the UK economy, yet he refuses to admit any errors; he refuses to accept the reports from the IMF, IFS etc; he refuses to call a General Election so that we can have a Prime Minister with a MANDATE from the British people to take the necessary steps to turn our economy around; and he is loading debt on future generations which will take decades to pay back.

Confidence will not return to the UK until a General Election is held and Nu Labour is cast into the dustbin of history for good.
Old 31 January 2009, 05:56 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

its a truism but non the less accurate, that you get what you pay for in life

and contrary to popular belief we live in a relatively low tax economy – are you surprised we end up with crap
Old 31 January 2009, 06:00 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Like I said, it was a real honest genuine question. When Labour go into power I was too young to feel any real effects so I only base my knowledge on the past 5 years, thats how long things like interest rates etc have effected me and my mortgage.
I am a fair man though. If its all better and it has been mended by some amazing governing then maybe they will get my vote.
If its anything like it is now, then no way, I will have to go tory.
Old 31 January 2009, 06:42 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Like I said, it was a real honest genuine question. When Labour go into power I was too young to feel any real effects so I only base my knowledge on the past 5 years, thats how long things like interest rates etc have effected me and my mortgage.
I am a fair man though. If its all better and it has been mended by some amazing governing then maybe they will get my vote.
If its anything like it is now, then no way, I will have to go tory.
Take it from an old fella like me ..... the Tories are worse than this lot, BY A COUNTRY MILE - ask anyone older than about 40 and they will tell you, pretty universally, that this is GOOD comapared to what the Tories put us through ......

At some point in time the memories will fade and the Tories will be given another shot - and we will see the end of the NHS, for example. Don't even THINK about them in power ..... it will make this mess look like a Tea Party!

Quick Reply: Gordon Brown: 'Judge me on the year ahead'