Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why turn every thread into a fight?

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2009, 02:20 AM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why turn every thread into a fight?

Now again

The 16yr old son of John Travolta has died.

My prayers and wishes go to the family.
Old 03 January 2009, 06:49 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Sad news. No parent should ever have to bury their child, I have witnessed this twice and the parents have never got over it.
Old 03 January 2009, 08:34 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by magepaster
Now again

The 16yr old son of John Travolta has died.

My prayers and wishes go to the family.
I agree, so sad for the family.
Old 03 January 2009, 10:36 AM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

Hope the family has all the strengths they need after this horrible loss of a family member. My thoughts are with them.
Old 03 January 2009, 10:49 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Very sad indeed.
Old 03 January 2009, 11:05 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Sad news.

I saw quite an in-depth interview with JT on the box some time ago. Seemed a really nice guy aside from some rather odd support for Scientology. An unassuming sort of chap despite having a jet parked up on his drive

I am sure he would give it all up to have his kid back. dl
Old 03 January 2009, 11:18 AM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

very sad news.

no need for people to make jokes about it. fair enough if travolta himself dies, but his 16 yr old son?!

Last edited by Gordo; 03 January 2009 at 11:20 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 03 January 2009, 12:04 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I too was very sorry to hear about the poor lad's death.

Les
Old 03 January 2009, 12:08 PM
yoza
BANNED

Outside......NOW !
Old 03 January 2009, 12:26 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Thoughts to the family, a terrible loss, far too early.

I lost a friend over Xmas to cancer, he was 28, even that seemed young, but a teenager, thats tragic

RIP Jett
Old 03 January 2009, 07:54 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Terrible loss but the downside of being so well known and a celeb, the media attention (and the wider publics) is on you.

Why fight? Seems we have fare few Black Belt Keyboard Warriors on here
Old 03 January 2009, 08:00 PM
Luke
BANNED

when little ***** and harry mum (diana)died they knew everyone was making jokes. been in the public eye will guarantee this. would not ever think someone would be so silly to say any of them to the boys or family etc. thats plain rude. But jokes are part of our society. amazed that stephen hawkins get called a Vegetable and even after 30 mins of reporting it nothing has been done. imagine . i doubt any of us got christmas cards from JT , but many here might have sick and wheelchair bound family. so a comment like "vegetable" is far more insensitive to forum members.
Old 03 January 2009, 08:17 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stephen Hawking a vegetable, a very smart one if he is, I don't expect he will lose much sleep over that, too busy pondering stuff most of us can't comprehend.

As for William and Harry, I am sure they did understand that some people were/are not very sympathetic, I personally was sympathetic to two young boys losing their mother but the grieve-a-thon was lost on me, an example of people going too far the other way, dignified silence is perhaps the best policy, cant say I remember any Diana Jokes of any quality, apart from the Daily Express wittering on about her every day since, now thats a fookin cracker.
Old 03 January 2009, 08:20 PM
Luke
BANNED

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Stephen Hawking a vegetable, a very smart one if he is, I don't expect he will lose much sleep over that, too busy pondering stuff most of us can't comprehend.

As for William and Harry, I am sure they did understand that some people were/are not very sympathetic, I personally was sympathetic to two young boys losing their mother but the grieve-a-thon was lost on me, an example of people going too far the other way, dignified silence is perhaps the best policy, cant say I remember any Diana Jokes of any quality, apart from the Daily Express wittering on about her every day since, now thats a fookin cracker.
my issue is the use of the Term. come on thats way below the belt on a public forum, i am sure some members have disabled family etc.
Old 03 January 2009, 09:14 PM
ritchie21
Scooby Regular

Luke, I can't believe you've come onto this thread, created as a direct result of the bickering caused by your jokes on the other thread about this topic, to carry on with your whinging. Your complaint seems, in my opinion, a bit of pot calling kettle black as it appears to me that you completely missed the point of peoples complaints about your jokes. I for my own part found them offensive, not because of the fact that they were to do with JT but because people were offering condolences over the loss of a child. You talk, quite rightly in my view, about the use of a derogatory term on the Hawkins thread and make reference to the fact that members of this site might find that upsetting because of their own personal experiences/experiences. Well, did you ever stop to think for one minute that there might be people on here who have had, unfortunately, experienced the loss of a child?? My sister in law died suddenly when she was 11 and believe me, it tears people apart. It is an awful experience and one that I hope to God others don't have to experience it. I did not appreciate your jokes purely and simply because they were being made in that situation. However, I chose not to express that view publically because this is a public BBS and things like that are bound to happen. But your continued tirade against the mods and carrying on about it on this thread (and others) when it is entirely irrelevant is now, in my opinion taking it too far. If you don't like what the mods have or haven't done, take it up in policy and leave threads like this out of it, please.

AND BREATHE!!!!
Old 03 January 2009, 09:18 PM
Luke
BANNED

Originally Posted by ritchie21
Luke, I can't believe you've come onto this thread, created as a direct result of the bickering caused by your jokes on the other thread about this topic, to carry on with your whinging. Your complaint seems, in my opinion, a bit of pot calling kettle black as it appears to me that you completely missed the point of peoples complaints about your jokes. I for my own part found them offensive, not because of the fact that they were to do with JT but because people were offering condolences over the loss of a child. You talk, quite rightly in my view, about the use of a derogatory term on the Hawkins thread and make reference to the fact that members of this site might find that upsetting because of their own personal experiences/experiences. Well, did you ever stop to think for one minute that there might be people on here who have had, unfortunately, experienced the loss of a child?? My sister in law died suddenly when she was 11 and believe me, it tears people apart. It is an awful experience and one that I hope to God others don't have to experience it. I did not appreciate your jokes purely and simply because they were being made in that situation. However, I chose not to express that view publically because this is a public BBS and things like that are bound to happen. But your continued tirade against the mods and carrying on about it on this thread (and others) when it is entirely irrelevant is now, in my opinion taking it too far. If you don't like what the mods have or haven't done, take it up in policy and leave threads like this out of it, please.

AND BREATHE!!!!
simple..its shows the double standards in life. and this is today not yesterday i am in a different mood today and very defensive about sick people etc
Old 03 January 2009, 09:19 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luke
when little ***** and harry mum (diana)died they knew everyone was making jokes. been in the public eye will guarantee this. would not ever think someone would be so silly to say any of them to the boys or family etc. thats plain rude. But jokes are part of our society. amazed that stephen hawkins get called a Vegetable and even after 30 mins of reporting it nothing has been done. imagine . i doubt any of us got christmas cards from JT , but many here might have sick and wheelchair bound family. so a comment like "vegetable" is far more insensitive to forum members.

Decided my comments weren't appropriate for this thread.

Last edited by FlightMan; 03 January 2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03 January 2009, 09:22 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Luke you are a d1ck cheese
Old 03 January 2009, 09:24 PM
Luke
BANNED

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Oh FFS, not again.

Take it up in policy you silly little man.
i did but the mods are been selective as usual

seems like they might not be bothered about the term "vegetable"
Old 03 January 2009, 09:25 PM
Luke
BANNED

Originally Posted by LUCKO
Luke you are a d1ck cheese

want to lick me.....?you sound like your use to it
Old 03 January 2009, 09:26 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Hey, if you have the temerity to criticise the King of Scoobynet then you will be shot down my his many minions.

If only people could take on board that this is the thickest bully in the playground being supported by the most dull witted of members.

Old 03 January 2009, 09:28 PM
Luke
BANNED

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Hey, if you have the temerity to criticise the King of Scoobynet then you will be shot down my his many minions.

If only people could take on board that this is the thickest bully in the playground being supported by the most dull witted of members.

who is the King ???
Old 03 January 2009, 09:29 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

want to lick me.....?you sound like your use to it
no i avoid losers like you, thanks anyway
Old 03 January 2009, 09:31 PM
ritchie21
Scooby Regular

simple..its shows the double standards in life. and this is today not yesterday i am in a different mood today and very defensive about sick people etc
No what it shows is that you are a hypocrite who wants to have his cake and eat it. I suggest you pick up the toys you've thrown out of your pram and grow up.

Apologies to the OP.
Old 03 January 2009, 09:35 PM
Luke
BANNED

Originally Posted by ritchie21
No what it shows is that you are a hypocrite who wants to have his cake and eat it. I suggest you pick up the toys you've thrown out of your pram and grow up.

Apologies to the OP.

wow !!! a "lecture" i dont have a pram and i do not have any need for toys. probably a lot older and wiser than you ..............

you guys are soooooo serious !!
Old 03 January 2009, 09:35 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

who is the King ???
Why, the OP of the original thread that caused all the bother in the first place of course....

He is the King, and will be the first to tell you.
Old 03 January 2009, 09:37 PM
ritchie21
Scooby Regular

wow !!! a "lecture" i dont have a pram and i do not have any need for toys. probably a lot older and wiser than you ..............

you guys are soooooo serious !!
Well act like it then! And yes, I am serious about people taking the michael about a situation derived from the loss of a child.
Old 03 January 2009, 09:37 PM
Luke
BANNED

And the op titled this thread with a question. a question that will have many opinions.

if he had wanted a exclusive" official JT cry baby thread" then he should have headed it differently
Old 03 January 2009, 09:39 PM
Luke
BANNED

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Why, the OP of the original thread that caused all the bother in the first place of course....

He is the King, and will be the first to tell you.
na not me....! never have any wishes like that. I am just having a laugh and flicking switches waiting for the GF to come home from work.
Old 03 January 2009, 09:39 PM
skid11
Scooby Regular

To the op .Point proven. No they cant not fight.. I dont understand it either!!!
Mods any thoughts im new!

Last edited by skid11; 03 January 2009 at 09:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Why turn every thread into a fight?