Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Working is bad enough but...

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2008, 10:11 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Working is bad enough but...

working with an ******* really takes the biscuit. As my usual partner in crime is on his week off, i am stuck with a fool who i cannot stand in any way.

I hate mondays!
Old 29 December 2008, 10:20 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im looking forward to going into work in a while for the exact same reason, except these are regular arseholes, all with unique traits, that add up to a really bad day.
Can have good days, but its usually cos one of them is off sick.

Unfortunatly the manager cant be bothered dealing with it either.
Old 29 December 2008, 10:23 AM
N.I. Phil
Scooby Regular

Almost glad I practically work on my own and get along with my colleagues. Except Im working 9-5.30 today and wednesday to friday to get a half day on saturday... even though we get skimped out of half an hour on saturday
Old 29 December 2008, 10:25 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Dont get me wrong, I like my job, and the people I work with (some more than others) But at times there are certain people who can make an average day into a shockingly bad day.
Old 29 December 2008, 10:27 AM
N.I. Phil
Scooby Regular

I call those people 'customers'
Old 29 December 2008, 10:30 AM
Luke
BANNED

i work mainly alone.... i tried the "working enviroment " many years ago and hated it !
Old 29 December 2008, 10:30 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

i have to say i don't dislike my job, i just hate everything that comes with it, sly salesmen who I compete against really **** me off and i'm starting to get very impatient and ignorant with customers i deem to be timewasters.
Old 29 December 2008, 10:32 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luke
i work mainly alone.... i tried the "working enviroment " many years ago and hated it !

my old boss has just done something similar, went to work in an office environment and cannot abide it one bit. Don't blame it i don't think it would be my cup of tea.

I mostly work on my own but we have overlapping times between agents every so often and as luck my have it, my rota for this week is overlapping and ********
Old 29 December 2008, 10:45 AM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

It's all about proximity
I worked for many years as a 'field engineer' where I was able to be semi-autonomous, when not completely autonomous.
During that period I could put hundreds of metres, if not kilometres, between me and anyone who was an arris.
I then, to my misfortune, became somewhat office bound. Talk about irritating
I'm now in a somewhat different position as I'm the office head and take long walks or a day off (work from home) when I need a breather.
It's all about proximity
Old 29 December 2008, 10:55 AM
Luke
BANNED

Originally Posted by coolangatta
It's all about proximity
I worked for many years as a 'field engineer' where I was able to be semi-autonomous, when not completely autonomous.
During that period I could put hundreds of metres, if not kilometres, between me and anyone who was an arris.
I then, to my misfortune, became somewhat office bound. Talk about irritating
I'm now in a somewhat different position as I'm the office head and take long walks or a day off (work from home) when I need a breather.
It's all about proximity

"Proximity ",i reccon you have the new "buzz "word for 2009!
Old 29 December 2008, 12:32 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I have to work at a cluster of desks with apparently knowledgable people who come to work each day with amazing stories, and full of rubbish..

Story 1, guy as 1 GSD and is looking after 2 more. Says last week while his missus was walking them they started fighting, missus stepped in, and they all attacked her, biting her 12 times.... but she is fine, and all the dogs have calmed right down now, and far better behaved.

Story 2. another guy has a BMW 328 (pride and joy) but is actually a bit of a shed. Anyway, he has not been using it recently. Says the water pump went so he has been waiting to change it. Did it the other day, started it and it over heated.
Says its the thermostat thats gone, and he replaced it over the weekend, and it has the wrong wired connectors on it so needs to replace it with another one.

Im just trying to make the day pass fast now to go home lol
Old 29 December 2008, 12:41 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Snazy
I have to work at a cluster of desks with apparently knowledgable people who come to work each day with amazing stories, and full of rubbish..

Story 1, guy as 1 GSD and is looking after 2 more. Says last week while his missus was walking them they started fighting, missus stepped in, and they all attacked her, biting her 12 times.... but she is fine, and all the dogs have calmed right down now, and far better behaved.

Story 2. another guy has a BMW 328 (pride and joy) but is actually a bit of a shed. Anyway, he has not been using it recently. Says the water pump went so he has been waiting to change it. Did it the other day, started it and it over heated.
Says its the thermostat thats gone, and he replaced it over the weekend, and it has the wrong wired connectors on it so needs to replace it with another one.

Im just trying to make the day pass fast now to go home lol
Smile knowingly, say nothing and move away. Remember the buzz word, "proximity".
Old 29 December 2008, 12:50 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by coolangatta
Smile knowingly, say nothing and move away. Remember the buzz word, "proximity".

lol I keep walking to the other end of the office to get a break but im "getting on with the job" A Brownism there for you lol.

Storyteller 2 has just spent 10 mins on the phone to GFS car parts telling them they dont know what they are talking about, and that his thermo has 2 smaller wires coming out of it, and the bloke who usually sorts his parts out is much better.
Old 29 December 2008, 02:40 PM
wagrain
Scooby Regular

Theses threads make me so glad I work for myself!

Finished work for Xmas on Friday 19th December, did an emergency job for a good customer on Monday 22nd (working 2.5 hrs) and I'm not going back to work until Jan 5th or 6th, depending how I feel.
Today I've been out of bed for less than an hour, the phone went at 10 to 2 and woke me up otherwise I'd still be a lazy barsteward in bed

I do remember what its like having to work with a bunch of tossers, and decking a particular arrogant ***** after he attempted to hide his mistakes by blaming it on me when It was a day I was on holiday so couldn't have been me anyway. It felt really good seeing him on the floor holding his face in his hands with everyone stood around laughing. Funnily enough he went on the sick the following week, never to return
Old 29 December 2008, 04:35 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Glad I'm the Boss!
Old 29 December 2008, 04:40 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Thats the reason I worked night shift for 5 years, couldnt be arsed with all the **** at work. I was great only 6 of us in a whole factory at a time.