KIN NEIGHBOURS

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2008, 10:05 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KIN NEIGHBOURS

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My very inconsiderate neighbours are always parking one of their 3 cars overhanging my drive which makes it difficult to reverse off. I wouldn't mind but they have enough room to park 2 on their drive and 2 infront, but this may cause them inconvenience.
I feel like taking a sledge hammer to the thing sometimes.

Tonight when I went to put out the rubbish bags, their car was parked so close to my hedge I couldn't even put the bags in the place where they are always left as they would go unnoticed by the refuse colletors.

So I have put them in the road infront of their drivers door.
I do hope they get the message this time.

I must be getting old.
Old 21 December 2008, 10:08 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bob r
ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My very inconsiderate neighbours are always parking one of their 3 cars overhanging my drive which makes it difficult to reverse off. I wouldn't mind but they have enough room to park 2 on their drive and 2 infront, but this may cause them inconvenience.
I feel like taking a sledge hammer to the thing sometimes.

Tonight when I went to put out the rubbish bags, their car was parked so close to my hedge I couldn't even put the bags in the place where they are always left as they would go unnoticed by the refuse colletors.

So I have put them in the road infront of their drivers door.
I do hope they get the message this time.

I must be getting old.

Do you live in my house?
Old 21 December 2008, 10:13 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

They can be ticketed if they obstruct access to your drive or the pavement (ie 2 wheels on). Of course, that would be the end of any pleasantries between you We had a spiteful biatch who insisted on blocking one of our cars in at every opportunity warned, it was foofing hilarious watching her from across the road, and the copper (actually a friend ) struggled to contain his own laughter as he issued the warning.
Old 21 December 2008, 10:14 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
Do you live in my house?

No. Next door - you inconsiderate get
Old 21 December 2008, 10:20 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Don't worry too much, bob r, my neighbours have just bought a cockerel. Yes, that's right, a ****-a-feckin-dodal-do-rel. B4stards. I've been meaning to go round and question their motives but fear they may point the finger should a 'fox' happen to visit one night.
Old 21 December 2008, 10:22 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

try this on for size on my side of the street there is 4 houses. One to the left and two to the right of me. the house on the left has 3 cars, One to my right have 2 cars and a van and to the far left they have 3 very large cars and i have one!

I haven't been able to park outside my house in a good few weeks Never had any problem till the newest neighbours moved in as the rest of my neighbours are very considerate and always left my space free. Now i'm trying to think of a way to bring them up with them without sounding like a *****! The new neighbours are lovely people so i don't think they are doing it out of anything other than not realising its annoying me.
Old 21 December 2008, 10:23 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Another option is a £10 rental of a wreck from a scrappers every now and again, which might brush past their car each time it's parked inconsiderately Do the deed, take it back, they crush it and no-one knows how it happened

Trending Topics

Old 21 December 2008, 10:24 PM
SCOsazOBY
Scooby Senior

Throw a load of drawing pins on the road next to their tyres, as they must of accidently fallen out of the refuse bags. Then if they dont take the hint, use 6" nails
Old 21 December 2008, 10:27 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Default Ticket

Originally Posted by corradoboy
They can be ticketed if they obstruct access to your drive or the pavement (ie 2 wheels on). Of course, that would be the end of any pleasantries between you We had a spiteful biatch who insisted on blocking one of our cars in at every opportunity warned, it was foofing hilarious watching her from across the road, and the copper (actually a friend ) struggled to contain his own laughter as he issued the warning.
Technically yes, but generally if reported, the car would moved prior to police attending 3 days later and I can still get on/off the drive, it's just difficult, which probably wouldn't consitute an 'obstruction'.

I would like to think they would just take the hint.
Old 21 December 2008, 10:28 PM
SCOsazOBY
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by BigJay
try this on for size on my side of the street there is 4 houses. One to the left and two to the right of me. the house on the left has 3 cars, One to my right have 2 cars and a van and to the far left they have 3 very large cars and i have one!

I haven't been able to park outside my house in a good few weeks Never had any problem till the newest neighbours moved in as the rest of my neighbours are very considerate and always left my space free. Now i'm trying to think of a way to bring them up with them without sounding like a *****! The new neighbours are lovely people so i don't think they are doing it out of anything other than not realising its annoying me.
At least you dont have a big **** off caravan in your communal private parking area which means the rest of us have to park at an angle I had to go to hospital for an emergency the other week at 3am and it took me 5 minutes trying to get out the drive, god damn fooking neighbour, hope my exhaust woke him up
I wouldnt mind but he aint even using it, ive called him a pikey and threatened to through eggs at it but he thinks im joking
Old 21 December 2008, 10:29 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

sod all chance of getting the police to be bothered with this - wouldn't do anything for their stats.

you tried talking to them?
Old 21 December 2008, 10:33 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

Lol a farmer I used to work for (He lived in a normal house on a street, he didn't stay on the land with the farm) had this problem with his idiot neighbours, and lazy mums parking infront of his house on school runs. He flipped one day finally and for about three weeks, every single car who parked infront of his house, he'd stab the back tyres. Harsh, but funny as sometimes really no need for people to of been parking there. Since, and to this day, you'll only either see his pick up truck there, or an empty space, lol

I myself have that problem sometimes, which is why I should really pay for someone to put a drop kerb in. dead opposite the house, is like a mini culde-sac, of about 15 houses, except it isn't a road, its like an alley leading down to the houses. Most of the homeowners down there drive. It really pisses me off when some of them and even visitors to their houses park infront of the house, why the hell can;t they park on the other side of the road that their alley is situated on!!! grrr, lol. Jus do what I do mate, block them in so they have to actually come and knock on the door and ask you to move, and I guarantee they won't do it again..... Or jus do what else I do sometimes and chuck a rotten egg on their drivers window have a pack saved for 3 months now
Old 21 December 2008, 10:40 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

just to give you's an idea of how big my house and others are in contrast of how you'd park more than one car outside the front of them

Old 21 December 2008, 10:50 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gordo
sod all chance of getting the police to be bothered with this - wouldn't do anything for their stats.

you tried talking to them?
Police deal with crime, so why would they be bothered?
Old 21 December 2008, 10:52 PM
LeeMac
Scooby Regular

send em a nice christmas card
Old 21 December 2008, 10:53 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
Police deal with crime, so why would they be bothered?
I think in his post he already made that clear!
Old 21 December 2008, 10:59 PM
Luke
BANNED

Buy a can of "toughen the fk up"

then go and tell them "whats what". we had Albanians using our private car park . everyone complained and bitched. But they did not want to go and see these guys. I did and they where ok, Moved the cars there and then .sometimes people dont mind been told/asked as long as they feel your not been rude etc.
Old 21 December 2008, 11:17 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luke
Buy a can of "toughen the fk up"

then go and tell them "whats what". we had Albanians using our private car park . everyone complained and bitched. But they did not want to go and see these guys. I did and they where ok, Moved the cars there and then .sometimes people dont mind been told/asked as long as they feel your not been rude etc.
Rotten eggs are more fun
Old 22 December 2008, 06:32 AM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Wipe some dog sh*t on the door handles !!!

Tends to get the message across loud and clear ,or as said get some old wrecker to damage the said offending vehicle .

Cant abide inconsiderate Tw*ts !!!!!!
Old 22 December 2008, 09:03 AM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

Mine are great, they are the kids godparents.

we are always having nights out with them, and in the summer we take a fence panel out and sit on the deckin until the small ours drinking and haveing a laugh with them.
Old 22 December 2008, 12:49 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Vandalism and escalation vs. diplomacy. Which is best?

Having tyres stabbed is never funny in my book. No drop kerb = no rights.

If you can't speak to them, e.g. they're never there when you are, then park up close so they have to come and talk to move their car.
Old 22 December 2008, 01:49 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Don't worry too much, bob r, my neighbours have just bought a cockerel. Yes, that's right, a ****-a-feckin-dodal-do-rel. B4stards. I've been meaning to go round and question their motives but fear they may point the finger should a 'fox' happen to visit one night.
I'm feeling your pain.....
Old 22 December 2008, 03:53 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Like Jacko and his alter ego, our neighbours are all fine, we're all down the pub (kids n'all) on Xmas eve afternoon, just like last year - about 8 families in total.

BigJay, just knock on their door and introduce yourselves

Last edited by Jay m A; 22 December 2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 22 December 2008, 04:01 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

Jay m a , you know we are two different people dont you,

i am actually j4ckos mate, i just though it was an amusing name ot sign in with, we are not the same person honestly.
Old 22 December 2008, 04:06 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Sorry, I must have misread something Jacko said in the 'multiple username' thread
Old 22 December 2008, 04:11 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

just to give you's an idea of how big my house and others are in contrast of how you'd park more than one car outside the front of them

Just had a closer look at the photo, perhaps you could repaint the kerbstones outside your house green, white and gold
Old 22 December 2008, 04:15 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have any of the people that are complaining in this thread ever thought about knocking on their neighbors door and saying - "hi there, how you doing? etc etc...any chance you could leave me a bit more space outside my house so I can park my car? I've found it quite difficult these past few weeks"

It's not rocket science

Then if they aren't fair to you, that's when you start being an ****hole...but be civilised about it first!
Old 22 December 2008, 04:33 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TerzoAlan
Have any of the people that are complaining in this thread ever thought about knocking on their neighbors door and saying - "hi there, how you doing? etc etc...any chance you could leave me a bit more space outside my house so I can park my car? I've found it quite difficult these past few weeks"
The woman who lives in the flat above me tells her friends that they can park in my driveway in front of my garage.

So.... the missus can't park her MX5 on the drive and actually can't get the Impreza out of the garage.

I have tried knocking, but always ignored.

I end up leaving a note on the car asking them to call me when they move, which of course, they never do.

I've actually bumped into one of the people as I decided to do some cleaning in the garage, and he said his cousin (the lady upstairs) said it was okay. I even went as far as saying I don't mind, but please leave a note or some way of contacting you so you can move it in case I need the car.

If it happens again, the Police will be called.

Last edited by rossi_p; 22 December 2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 22 December 2008, 04:39 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

lol at the saddo negging my posts
Old 22 December 2008, 05:46 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

My nearbys are fine, but the **** still insists on parking on the shared access to our house, dog ****ty door handles sounds good....

I have three dogs !

Plenty of POO !

LOL

dunx

Quick Reply: KIN NEIGHBOURS