Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

All Aboard !!

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2008, 06:28 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool All Aboard !!

I dont personally use busses, but have to say it will be nice to see these on the road :rocks:

SKY NEWS (LINK)
Old 19 December 2008, 06:54 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

I quite like bendy buses. Sheffield had them first and they didnt cause any problems: theyd probably be a nightmare now though, as every junction in the city has been deliberately f*cked up...

The new 'Route Masters' look smart, but surely a "jump-on - jump-off" bus isnt going to get the go ahead in the world that we live in?
Old 20 December 2008, 09:44 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

It already has got the OK. Its only been a few years since they went out of service. The world has not changed that much

Cant wait to see their return, and the departure of the bendy bus. They work at airports, and in uncongested areas, but the tight, packed roads of london, and of course mixed with the ignorance of the drivers ( bettered only by Royal Mail drivers, must be something to do with red commercial vehicles, and ignorant, poor driving.) and you have a BAD combination.

Just get that tidal flow sorted now Boris, and carry on thinking about dropping, or lowering the CC for the hard times, and your sure of a second term if nothing else lol
Old 20 December 2008, 09:59 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
It already has got the OK. Its only been a few years since they went out of service. The world has not changed that much
RouteMasters come from time in a real-world, where people were responsible for their own actions: does that sound like London in 2009 to you?
Old 20 December 2008, 11:20 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
RouteMasters come from time in a real-world, where people were responsible for their own actions: does that sound like London in 2009 to you?
Good point.

Les
Old 20 December 2008, 01:32 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8

Fair point but as I say, London is not so different now to 2006 and round about then.
As for people being responsible for their own actions, I assume you mean the sue culture we live in now. Fair point, but as I said to someone at work yesterday... If being on the platform of a moving bus is too dangerous for someone, they should not be on a static platform (the pavement) with so many moving motorised objects whizzing past them on the road.

Hopefully this is a 2 fingered salute to the fear of the sue culture, and time to get on with life again. Much the sort of thing I would expect from Boris.