Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Madchester

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2008, 06:28 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Madchester

My little brother gave me all my records back as he was having a clear out, amongst them were,

Happy Monday - Hallelujah
Stone Roses - Stone Roses
New Fast Automatic Dafodils - Big
Together - Hardcore Uproar
808 State - 90
Farm - Stepping Stone

Made me feel all misty eyed for the late eighties, early nineties, it was a great time and some great music emerged, there were a lot of hangers on and my list above is by no means exhaustive so now is you time, the amnesty for you floppy hair, flares and terrible T shirts.

So lets hear your Madchester memories,
Old 21 November 2008, 07:32 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It startes and ends with The Stone Roses for me. Of course: they all wanted to be Joy Division.....
Old 21 November 2008, 07:34 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Northside - Chicken Rhythms. Remember listening to this album while getting ready to go out and date some dirty scutter!! Didn't get owt though

Inspiral Carpets - Life.Probably the best known album they did but i preffered The Beast Inside,dark and moody just like me Still go and watch these whenever possible,still a class act.

Charlatans - Some Friendly.Okay,not exactly Madchester but still around at the time and bloody good debut album.Again,still go and see these whenever possible.

Happy Mondays - Squirrel,G man.....& Bummed were classics.Started getting into these around 1990 when i was out exploring public houses for the first time.Always reminds me of great times,especially during the Italia 90!!

Stone Roses - Fools Gold,absolute classic.Used scrawl every record shop(remember them)for any different version i could get my hands on-and there were many.Still value my gold vinyl 12".

NFADS - underrated as as a band IMO,haven't heard any of there stuff for a while now.

New Order - Substance & Technique saw them at there best,loved these at the time.Again,reminds me of the summer of 1990.

Happy days fella
Old 21 November 2008, 07:37 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular