Need help with i-pod and itunes - and adding songs

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2008, 12:37 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with i-pod and itunes - and adding songs

Chaps

First question should be easy. If I have music saved as an MP3 file, lets' say, and I want to add it to itunes for use on my ipod, I would go to itunes, then go to File, Add Folder to Library and the music will be added. IS this the right or best way?

Secondly and more importantly, I have some music that is in a folder, as a series of mp3's. It;s dance music, so it needs to play one after the other. I have run things like Roxio edit information and MusicID, and the tracks are thus all properly named. However, when I go into itunes and want ti import that folder, it ends up bringing in all the tracks (say 18 of them), but most of them are brought in as individual songs (or as if they are an album with one track. A few have two tracks in them, but I obviously want one album with all the tracks listed.

How can I either get around this or manually set up an album and then import all of these into this one folder so they are self contained. Problem is I now have 18 or so different tracks appearing as albums, all with the same cover art thus it gets very confusing.

Anyone help?

Thanks
Old 15 November 2008, 07:25 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mightyyid
Chaps

First question should be easy. If I have music saved as an MP3 file, lets' say, and I want to add it to itunes for use on my ipod, I would go to itunes, then go to File, Add Folder to Library and the music will be added. IS this the right or best way?
No sorry, that just adds it to the library, yoou need to drag it accross from the library to your ipod icon on the left

Originally Posted by mightyyid
Secondly and more importantly, I have some music that is in a folder, as a series of mp3's. It;s dance music, so it needs to play one after the other. I have run things like Roxio edit information and MusicID, and the tracks are thus all properly named. However, when I go into itunes and want ti import that folder, it ends up bringing in all the tracks (say 18 of them), but most of them are brought in as individual songs (or as if they are an album with one track. A few have two tracks in them, but I obviously want one album with all the tracks listed.

How can I either get around this or manually set up an album and then import all of these into this one folder so they are self contained. Problem is I now have 18 or so different tracks appearing as albums, all with the same cover art thus it gets very confusing.

Anyone help?

Thanks
When you drag all these songs over to your ipod they will still be all together as one album, just search your ipod under album name rather than artist name