Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How does a Conditional Caution Effect Jury Service?

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2008, 02:30 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does a Conditional Caution Effect Jury Service?

Hi people. I have been called up for Jury Service, some of the questions on the form ask if you have been sentenced to... and/or on bail. I have answered no to all of these.

However last year I recieved a conditional caution from the police. Not sure if you are meant to declar this as it's my understanding that I don't have a criminal record. Either way I still noted it down.

Just wondering if anybody knows if it will effect whether I'm allowed to be on a Jury and how I should of filled in the form. As the call centre was no help and the police weren't sure either.
Old 14 November 2008, 02:36 PM
ritchie21
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are still fairly new and the only time I've ever dealt with these, they've been recorded (incorrectly) on the conviction part of a criminal record. The thing is, if you're still subject to it then you are still liable for prosecution if you break or don't comply with any of the conditions of the caution. I would let them know just to be on the safe side.

I'm not too sure if it will stop you serving on a jury as it is fairly new and I don't know how they would deal with it.

Sorry I can't be of more help.