Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ipod Help

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2008, 09:48 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod Help

I am having problems synching an ipod to a lap top.
Some time ago my mother bought an ipod and she asked me to transfer some cd's onto it using my laptop which i did no problem.
Since then my laptop has been replaced as the last one gave up the ghost.
Now when i load itunes it wants to delete the contents of the ipod.
I tried authorising my new laptop to the ipod but its asking for passwords etc. I dont ever recall setting a password as i have never used the itunes store.
Is there a way i can bypass the password request and re sync the ipod in order to add more cd's without losing whats already on it.

Thanks.
Nik.
Old 29 October 2008, 10:39 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

The first thing would be to retrieve the music from the iPod. You cannot do this with iTunes, you'll need to use a third party piece of software to do this, and there are quite a few out there. If you were using a Mac I'd suggest looking at PodWorks, but I'm guessing you're using a PC. I know Anapod Extreme used to be good, but I'm not sure if there is anything more current/better.

You probably want to tell iTunes to not automatically sync with the iPod, thus you'll manually manage music, this will prevent it from looking at the music library on the computer, which will be empty, and thus syncing that against the iPod which would remove the music from it.

At that point you should be able to rip CD's and add them to the iPod.

As for the password, I think when you first setup iTunes it might ask you to setup an iTunes Store account, which you should not need to do, there should be some option to skip, or cancel that.
Old 30 October 2008, 01:39 AM
Scoobyols69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nik52wrx
I am having problems synching an ipod to a lap top.
Some time ago my mother bought an ipod and she asked me to transfer some cd's onto it using my laptop which i did no problem.
Since then my laptop has been replaced as the last one gave up the ghost.
Now when i load itunes it wants to delete the contents of the ipod.
I tried authorising my new laptop to the ipod but its asking for passwords etc. I dont ever recall setting a password as i have never used the itunes store.
Is there a way i can bypass the password request and re sync the ipod in order to add more cd's without losing whats already on it.

Thanks.
Nik.
Easiest solution uninstall itunes & then reinstall it again i had that problem several months back with the ipod nano
Scooby_69er