Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bank card has been cloned

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2008, 09:50 PM
stuart n
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bank card has been cloned

I've been away for work for most of the past week. When I finally got in this afternoon I checked my bank account online and it appears I've been topping up my O2 pay as you go phone which is most odd as I have a contract with Vodafone

Phoned up Lloyds TSB and they said they were being swamped with calls about the same thing, they gave me the number to call the card fraud department. Gave them a call and was told that it'd take 30 minutes before someone could speak to me due to the volume of calls they were taking

Haven't got a clue where the card was cloned and I've been told i am insured, proves it's best the check your account at regular intervals though.
Tossers

Last edited by stuart n; 24 October 2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old 24 October 2008, 09:53 PM
yoza
BANNED

Sorry.
Old 24 October 2008, 09:59 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

mine was done last year but not phone topups ,people in croatia had been spending my hard earned .

got it all back within a week ,they cloned my card from a supermarket cash machine
Old 24 October 2008, 10:20 PM
Steve_PPP
Scooby Regular

had mine done a couple of years ago too, ***** bought a load of stuff from a shop in northamptonshire. i don't live in northamptonshire

got the money back through LloydsTSB in a week or so......
Old 24 October 2008, 10:26 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

mine was done at a petrol station afew years back.. the cheeky swines set up a monthly direct debit to Penthouse magazine.. I only noticed it by chance as i never used to check my statements.. i do now
Old 25 October 2008, 12:05 AM
delcbr
Scooby Regular

same here happened to me 3 month ago for 2 vodaphone topups on the same day i had to explain it definetly wasnt me as iam 02 and contract and dont top up either.
got it back the following month iam very careful with my details only thing i can think off is buying things online any other time i use hard cash.
damn i knew i shouldnt of signed up for a month of adult friend finder lol
Old 25 October 2008, 01:31 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could speak with O2 and get the number that is using the topups barred (plus it is fraud, the police can get involved and the number can be traced to an exact location) and if they bought the phone on a credit card (its amazing how stupid people can be) that too can be traced (especially if its their own ).

Tony

Trending Topics

Old 25 October 2008, 01:48 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something similar happened to my dads brother not long ago.Someone was using his name and address to set up a betting account.He got a phone call from some betting shop not long ago saying he hadn't paid up to date...When he told them he does not bet on anything etc,they said the next time the person calls,they will record the phone call...Got to be so carefull now,i don't use my credit card to pay for petrol or really anything in the shops,or very rare i do now..