Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why are kids killing each other ?

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2008, 06:35 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why are kids killing each other ?

Every few days I hear about another young lad stabbed or shot to death, why is this and how can it be stopped ?
Old 21 October 2008, 06:38 PM
apac
Scooby Regular

they want to see who's the 'ardest! because they are all insecure about the size of their todgers???
Old 21 October 2008, 06:43 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by apac
they want to see who's the 'ardest! because they are all insecure about the size of their todgers???
That is nonsense, I have never killed anyone
Old 21 October 2008, 06:48 PM
Uurrgghh!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Every few days I hear about another young lad stabbed or shot to death, why is this and how can it be stopped ?
Is it the same young lad each time?
Old 21 October 2008, 07:11 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Did it happen so much in "our day", but wasn't reported as frequently?
Old 21 October 2008, 07:15 PM
Uurrgghh!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
"Our Day" is that a particular day or just reference to a particular period in earth's history?
Old 21 October 2008, 07:16 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes

very good point, my dad was telling me he doesnt think its any worse now than when he was a kid just that youngsters dont respect there elders as much.
Old 21 October 2008, 07:19 PM
Uurrgghh!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by phil_wrx
very good point, my dad was telling me he doesnt think its any worse now than when he was a kid just that youngsters dont respect there elders as much.
Due in no small part to their elders inability to spell correctly.
Old 21 October 2008, 07:39 PM
spireite
BANNED

When i were a lad we used to fight with the old cuffs and go toe t toe ,now adays there are lots of cowards out there that rely on knives and guns because they haven't got no guts .
Old 21 October 2008, 08:25 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by spireite
When i were a lad we used to fight with the old cuffs and go toe t toe ,now adays there are lots of cowards out there that rely on knives and guns because they haven't got no guts .
Yup!

also

Look at society and some so-called role models.

Look at families and how they have changed in the last 20-30 or so years
A lot more parents out to work, less family time, more single parent families, lot lees male role models - or the right ones + less community spirit.

Inner city ghettos and no-go areas that have been allowed to form as no-one dared say anything for fear of being branded a racist - multicultural - my ***!

Kids growing up with no respect for the law or elders.

Little or no boundaries set by parents or schools or Police/CPS

Hmoe-grown trouble - Now into 2nd/3rd generations of chav and scumbags in some areas, never worked, never intend to get by outside the law and decent society.

Look at some of the places we let immigrants in to the UK from - war-torn areas where growing up lawless and killing is accepted as a way of life, no background checks on who we let in, etc...

No respect and no respobsibility or understanding of their actions or consequences...

The list could go on

Last edited by The Zohan; 21 October 2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 21 October 2008, 08:28 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Too many channels and still nothing to watch ?
Old 21 October 2008, 08:55 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

They have dumb parents, it must be genetic IMHO and as such they do DUMB thingsm, like killing each other.

It might also have to do with the fact that less and less people actually have personalities or even can think for themselves.......but then again.
Old 21 October 2008, 09:39 PM
97TURBO
Scooby Regular

85% of it is down to bad parenting, the other 15% were children who had a screw missing at birth. It really is as simple as that. Solution, start getting hard on the *******s! Age 12 and above should serve a fixed 30 year sentence for murder. If they are under 18, one of the parents should have to do a years worth of community service aswell. If Dave Cameron put this on his agenda i might be swayed into turning against Brown and vote for tory boy.
Old 21 October 2008, 09:40 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Thing is you can be sure its our fault. Nothing at all to do with the parents. I mean with fine examples like this in the country:

The mother who gets her 13-year-old to behave... by giving her cigarettes | Mail Online

You can understand why it is the school's fault for not giving the kid any discipline can't you?

Just misunderstood etc liberal rubbish.

5t.
Old 21 October 2008, 09:58 PM
apac
Scooby Regular

how can a teacher 'disapline' a child that knows that if the teacher even breathes on them that they can shout it was assault?
a high school aged child knows right from wrong. a teacher is not needed for that reason.
the purpose of education is to make a child responsible for their own actions. perhaps there should be more education on why there is society? i.e why and how there is concrete under your feet and street lighting. no one teaches them the basics so they never learn the basics and never respect the basics.
Old 21 October 2008, 10:10 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

least if they are killing each other they aren't breeding. Extinction of Scum is very welcome in my humble opinion
Old 21 October 2008, 10:14 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Look at some of the places we let immigrants in to the UK from - war-torn areas where growing up lawless and killing is accepted as a way of life, no background checks on who we let in, etc...
I don't think many of these kids are from Eastern Europe. They are born in Britain on the whole and are a sad reflection on the state of the underclass in the UK.

Steve
Old 21 October 2008, 10:31 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

There is a race element, i.e. gang related (not that that explains it away) but it seems more widespread nowadays.
Old 21 October 2008, 10:45 PM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

* Attendance Allowance
* Back to Work Bonus (see EIM76223)
* Bereavement Payment (see EIM76171), replaced Widow's Payment from 9 April 2001
* Child Benefit
* Child's Special Allowance
* Child Tax Credit
* Cold Weather Payments, see also Winter Fuel payment
* Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
* Constant Attendance Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit below
* Disability Living Allowance
* Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit below
* Guardian's Allowance
* Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
* Incapacity Benefit for first 28 weeks of entitlement, taxable thereafter (see EIM76180)
* Income Support, certain payments (see EIM76190)
* Industrial Injuries Benefit, a general term covering industrial injuries pension, reduced earnings allowance, retirement allowance, constant attendance allowance and exceptionally severe disablement allowance
* Invalidity Benefit, replaced by Incapacity benefit from April 1995 but still payable where invalidity commenced before April 1995.
* Maternity Allowance, see EIM76361
* Payments out of the Social Fund to people on a low income to help with maternity expenses, funeral costs, financial crises and as community care grants. The fund also makes interest-free loans.
* Pensioner's Christmas Bonus
* Pension credit
* Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
* Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
* Severe Disablement Allowance
* War Widow's pension, see EIM76103
* Winter Fuel payment
* Working Tax Credit.

Take your pick. Some of these are good and benefit people who really deserve a break/helping hand but lots of them are just a free ticket for what are essentially leeches on society to thrive in a culture where being not having to work is actually a "good job" for them.

I was an innocent victim of knife crime back when I was a lad, probably 25 years ago now, so it has always been around. However the perp was a low life "hard case" in the area and luckily he was the only one. Now, however, there's a larger percentage of such types, so yes the crime is more prevalent.

I believe there is something wrong with society at the moment and unlike the prisons we have now, it wont be long before we will be building walls to keep people safe from the scum on the outside.

Kids are killing each other because they have no morals, values or ethics which have not been instilled on them by their parents/guardians who don't care or the education system who have their hands tied due to PC clap trap and so called Human and European Rights.

J
Old 21 October 2008, 11:08 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

We have a school locally where some kid punched a teacher, so the rest of the teachers refused to teach him. They had their pay stopped, so they all went out on strike. Kids parents, aunts and uncles have been on *bling* TV saying that *bling* they should *bling* give the kid a break *bling* because he didn't *bling* do anything *bling* wrong and that he is just upset because his brother topped himself last year. Today it has been revealed that the kid is to face criminal charges for assault. The bling family are now saying that it wasn't that serious and that he doesn't deserve to be punished. If I had punched a teacher when I was at school, my father would have kicked me every step of the two miles to school to apologise and then kicked me every step of the way back home to face the more serious wrath of my mother, who would be armed either with a bamboo stick or a pink fluffy slipper with a solid leather sole. Now parents claim that they can't do that, but if one of my two were to punch a teacher, I would kick them every step of the way to make the apology. My wife doesn't have pink fluffy slippers or a bamboo stick, so I guess we would move straight on to social services getting involved
Old 22 October 2008, 08:30 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Even the 'hardest' people at our school never thought it appropriate to stab or shoot anyone.*

And probably everyone of us had a swiss army knife and the only ***** waving was about whose had the most implements.

*'twas 20 years ago
Old 22 October 2008, 10:09 AM
jacrobat
Scooby Regular

I think society has always been violent but now it gets reported a certain way. Prisons are full of violent offenders most of whom you never hear about. I read this morning that they are trying to find out how many ex-forces personnel are in prison and they reckon it may be up to 9% of the prison population (so much for bringing back National Service then). I think that there is a problem with the feminization of teaching and how that affects boys. My local primary school has only one male member of staff and he is the caretaker.

Last edited by jacrobat; 22 October 2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 22 October 2008, 10:40 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Forces people are different though. Look at programmes like Bad Lads Army, a kick up the rear andf someone actually giving them some discipline is what these people need. When they come out they just aren't prepared for normal life, they don't have qualifications they can use and they can't get jobs that pay what they used to get so they revert to type.

The vast majority though are not lags and that shouldn't be forgotten.

Just finished reading The Sheffield Gang Wars about rival battles in the 1920's. Although they were regularly tooled up with razor slashings and the use of coshes etc common it is worth noting that the trouble was with the same group of people time and time again. Once these people were removed the problem went away.

The Police at the time were very stretched, hardly able to cope and complained that the magistrates didn't support them at all, constantly fining these people a few quid and sending them back out day after day.

Eventually the commander of the force formed a 'special operations' squad out of very big coppers! Their job was to harass these gangs. They went to pubs where they were having a drink and turfed them out. Any problems they arrested them and usually roughed them up. complaints were made that these people were turning up in court with black eyes, several went to hospital after "falling over" on the way back to the station.

Yes it was rough but it worked! After getting the top dogs banged up for long periods of hard labour and basically bullying everyone else into submission many of the scams and violence stopped. The chief said it was the only thing these people understood, THey were bullies and they didn't care unless the law was stronger than they were.

Today, this would never and could never happen. The tactics are dubious but at the end of the day the guy was right, these people need to be afraid of the law again.

5t.
Old 22 October 2008, 10:55 AM
jacrobat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide
Forces people are different though. Look at programmes like Bad Lads Army, a kick up the rear andf someone actually giving them some discipline is what these people need. When they come out they just aren't prepared for normal life, they don't have qualifications they can use and they can't get jobs that pay what they used to get so they revert to type.

The vast majority though are not lags and that shouldn't be forgotten.

Just finished reading The Sheffield Gang Wars about rival battles in the 1920's. Although they were regularly tooled up with razor slashings and the use of coshes etc common it is worth noting that the trouble was with the same group of people time and time again. Once these people were removed the problem went away.

The Police at the time were very stretched, hardly able to cope and complained that the magistrates didn't support them at all, constantly fining these people a few quid and sending them back out day after day.

Eventually the commander of the force formed a 'special operations' squad out of very big coppers! Their job was to harass these gangs. They went to pubs where they were having a drink and turfed them out. Any problems they arrested them and usually roughed them up. complaints were made that these people were turning up in court with black eyes, several went to hospital after "falling over" on the way back to the station.

Yes it was rough but it worked! After getting the top dogs banged up for long periods of hard labour and basically bullying everyone else into submission many of the scams and violence stopped. The chief said it was the only thing these people understood, THey were bullies and they didn't care unless the law was stronger than they were.

Today, this would never and could never happen. The tactics are dubious but at the end of the day the guy was right, these people need to be afraid of the law again.

5t.
Problem is it goes to far or you end up with a cosy relationship between the cops and some of the bad guys like the Vice squad in Soho used to be.
Old 22 October 2008, 10:59 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Oh yes, there's corruption everywhere. There has to be a line drawn and as i said it is dubious to say the least what happened. Thing is though, it did work and it definately isn't working now.

Whatever the liberal types say about the causes the fact is people are and should be responsible for their own behaviour. Everything else is an excuse and giving people excuses gives them a license to do what the hell they want.

5t.
Old 22 October 2008, 11:04 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BigJay
least if they are killing each other they aren't breeding. Extinction of Scum is very welcome in my humble opinion
That lad who was killed this week was hardly scum, he was a cadet or something at a Church youth club! Maybe it was scum that did it to him....
Old 22 October 2008, 11:11 AM
jacrobat
Scooby Regular

5t.
As someone who did 10 years in HM forces I can happily say I was pretty fu$%ed up when I left but I did not go out and commit violent acts.
Old 22 October 2008, 11:16 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jacrobat
As someone who did 10 years in HM forces I can happily say I was pretty fu$%ed up when I left but I did not go out and commit violent acts.
How good of you to ignore my next sentence which said this does not apply to the vast majority congrats on the selective quotation.

5t.
Old 22 October 2008, 11:25 AM
jacrobat
Scooby Regular

How good of you to ignore my next sentence which said this does not apply to the vast majority congrats on the selective quotation.

5t.
Sorry that was more of a 'there but for the grace of God' statement on my part rather than a criticism of your statement.
Old 22 October 2008, 11:47 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jacrobat
Sorry that was more of a 'there but for the grace of God' statement on my part rather than a criticism of your statement.
No worries. I agree with you in many ways. I think some people who are off the rails and need guidance find it in the forces, when they leave they just don't know how to cope, it is just how they are. Mate was the same, left the forces and went into the fire service, just likes that way of life and i think he'd struggle if he'd joined up early, no qualifications then been put out with just a "thanks for your time mate" to get him into the standard job market.

It is something that needs looking at really because i don't believe these people are inherently bad at all, they are just not as well equipped to cope as most (like yourself)

5t.

Quick Reply: Why are kids killing each other ?