Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Problem on EBAY I have an unpaid item strike

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2008, 10:11 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem on EBAY I have an unpaid item strike

I bidded on a motorbike and won it a couple of weeks back, for what I thought was a good price. Anyways emailed the guy during the bidding he responded very quickly about general questions etc.

Then the auction finished at about £900, which was cheap IMO for the bike. So emailed asking when I can collect etc - no reply emailed again no reply. I passed my contact details and requested his - no call or reply. In total I must have emailed him 5 or 6 times.

So I thought fine he doesn't want to let it go for that price, and moved on, 10 days later i get an unpaid item strike and an email saying "my Internet woz broke" Which IMO is not a valid excuse for not responding to someone that has just won the bidding on a vehicle, he must either know someone with a PC he can borrow or failing that use an internet cafe.

So assuming he no longer wanted to proceed, I went out and bought myself a different bike. What I want to know is will my account be suspended for this? Or will it just go down as a strike, he hasn't and says he wont leave neg feedback.
Old 05 October 2008, 10:22 AM
s1lko
Scooby Regular

It sounds like he wasn't happy with the end price, doesn't want to sell and is trying to recoup is seller's fees.

Sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore, so he's hardly doing you any favours there.

As far as I'm aware, a strike doesn't mean you will be suspended - more like getting x amounts of strikes will see your account suspended. Have you tried emailing ebay about it?

I had a strike against me recently for an item I actually paid for, which I got overturned. I paid immediately by paypal, but the guy kept requesting money before he'd send the item. I ended disputing it through paypal and told him I'd reported it to the police. He immediately refunded the payment I 'never paid', then opened an unpaid item dispute, which lead to my strike. It took three emails to ebay before I got any response but they're finally looking in this guy (who now has 100% negative feedback as a seller).

Your case might not be so clean cut but stick to your guns on it and keep any emails relating to it safe - ebay asks for them when investigating any disputes. Good luck
Old 05 October 2008, 10:26 AM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

worst case you'll lose your 100% feedback(if you had it ) unless your a repeat offender which i doubt you are. If you emailed him through ebay you've got a case to defend yourself. Contact ebay yourself and explain to them. Email the guy again and ask for a mutual termination of the deal to save either of you bad feedback.
Old 05 October 2008, 06:49 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

The rules of feedback on ebay have been changed. It is no longer possible for a seller to give negative feedback to a buyer. I don't know what you do in the case of an unpaid item dispute. Does the seller still want to proceed with the sale? Has anybody contacted you with respect to the dispute?
Old 05 October 2008, 06:52 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh don't hold your breath, i had a running dispute with these clowns for 3 months. All i ever got after about 600 million emails was automated emails. So i started sending them sarcastic emails about how do they feed you monkeys in outerspace, how many goldfish are swimming around in your head etc..Trying to invoke a human response.derrr no chance. In the end i gave up and had to pay a fee for an item that was not paid for by a complete tosser in basildon who is no longer a registered ebay user. Figures
Old 05 October 2008, 07:33 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I was caught a few years back when I won some new wheels. Clearly the guy decided he didn't want to sell, and I ended up with nagitive feedback

It takes all sorts I guess.
Old 05 October 2008, 08:03 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba po
The rules of feedback on ebay have been changed. It is no longer possible for a seller to give negative feedback to a buyer. I don't know what you do in the case of an unpaid item dispute. Does the seller still want to proceed with the sale? Has anybody contacted you with respect to the dispute?
Just noticed your posts, 56+K How the, have you managed that. no i dont.
Old 05 October 2008, 08:28 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

You didn't BID and then offer less did you?

Sorry, it's a bike, not a house
Old 05 October 2008, 08:44 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Old 05 October 2008, 09:03 PM
Underworld
Scooby Regular

dont think so.. i had a strike as well.. i bidded by mistake lol...
but yeah, try emailing him and tell him to mutually withdraw the sale, in this case, u dont get the strike and he gets his fees back....
Old 05 October 2008, 11:26 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by webby v7 slipperwagon
Just noticed your posts, 56+K How the, have you managed that. no i dont.

I dunno, I just started talking ****e in Muppets and trolling Member's Gallery [sic] in 2003 and it just sort of happened.
Old 05 October 2008, 11:31 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

That equates to nearly 1,900 hours sat there in front of your PC; if you posted every 120 seconds (the site maximum) !
Old 05 October 2008, 11:35 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by GC8
That equates to nearly 1,900 hours sat there in front of your PC; if you posted every 120 seconds (the site maximum) !

Flood control was set at 45 seconds when I joined, but it was reduced to 30 seconds after a couple of years. Is it 120 seconds, now? Madness - how could anyone get their post-count up under those Draconian conditions?
Old 06 October 2008, 01:26 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Im not sure: I thought that it was two minutes.