Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related
View Poll Results: Are the police good or bad?
Yes, they're great and I have no problems with them.
14.11%
They do an okay job, but things could be improved.
54.60%
No, they're a bunch of Nazi's and have no time for them.
34.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Your opinion of the Police.

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2008, 09:14 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Your opinion of the Police.

Now, there are several threads on here regarding the police and their ability/inability to do the job they're here to do.

Have you had good/bad experiences with them? Post comments here and vote in the poll.
Old 27 September 2008, 03:23 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every time that I've been in contact with them everone of them has been a complete t*sser

TX.
Old 27 September 2008, 03:26 PM
Dan Gleebits
Scooby Regular

Location: in a place where there lots of rocks to chuck at feejits

Didnt really get them first time around.. was more into the heavier punk stuff.. but now, .. yeah,.. they're not too bad
Old 27 September 2008, 03:27 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Great drummer, good guitarist and ok bass/frontman.
Old 27 September 2008, 03:28 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Voted ***** although as that was the only real negative option was the only one I could choose.

Calling them ***** is too positive for my view on them.
Old 27 September 2008, 03:30 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
Great drummer, good guitarist and ok bass/frontman.
I totally agree.
Old 27 September 2008, 05:39 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I thought their music and politics didnt go towards Nazism, as Sting never tried to create a white superior race in the Amazon
There might have been a subplot to Every Breath You Take that I missed though, so I voted B...

Trending Topics

Old 27 September 2008, 05:54 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

not got very much to say about the police apart from 99 percent of them are arrigant,couldntgive a toss about helping you,if they carnt do you for something there not interested its just like as soon as they put on that uniform they think they own the world.as you can see i voted possitive.
Old 27 September 2008, 06:08 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Most police officers are really nice people, who's job is made difficult due the amount of paperwork and pc they have to deal with.

However.... my last experience with them wasn't too great.

I was arrested infront of my work collegues and locked up in a cell for 5 hours on suspicion of murder.
Why.... because i was the same age and had the same hair style as an e-fit which had been on the news.
Eventually (after having my prints, photos and DNA taken) i was released on bail for 6 weeks.
When i went back i was told ''Sorry, we should have phoned you 4 weeks ago to say not to bother coming back, you are clear of any suspicion, but we have been a bit busy. Oh, and sorry you were arrested, we should have just asked for a DNA sample then and there''

Old 27 September 2008, 06:09 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Poor and its getting worse.
Old 27 September 2008, 06:21 PM
nixxon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Most police officers are really nice people, who's job is made difficult due the amount of paperwork and pc they have to deal with.

I was arrested infront of my work collegues and locked up in a cell for 5 hours on suspicion of murder.
Why.... because i was the same age and had the same hair style as an e-fit which had been on the news.
Eventually (after having my prints, photos and DNA taken) i was released on bail for 6 weeks.
When i went back i was told ''Sorry, we should have phoned you 4 weeks ago to say not to bother coming back, you are clear of any suspicion, but we have been a bit busy. Oh, and sorry you were arrested, we should have just asked for a DNA sample then and there''

Old 27 September 2008, 06:28 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

on the bright side, i bet you never got much stick at work for a couple of weeks

tis shocking tho
Old 27 September 2008, 06:32 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by paulwrxboro
on the bright side, i bet you never got much stick at work for a couple of weeks

tis shocking tho
Couple of weeks? It was over 2 years ago and i still get stick now!!!!
Old 27 September 2008, 06:38 PM
apac
Scooby Regular

they now have your finger prints, DNA, and personal profile of you which means they have a file on you. Are you happy about that?
did you previously have a criminal record?, because you more or less have one now.
Old 27 September 2008, 06:45 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by apac
they now have your finger prints, DNA, and personal profile of you which means they have a file on you. Are you happy about that?
did you previously have a criminal record?, because you more or less have one now.
They told me that my DNA, fingerprint, photos etc would be destroyed.
Do i believe them one tiny bit?

Had never been in any kind of trouble with the Police before (or since) except for speeding tickets.

I was never actually charged, and the Police have since caught, charged, and locked up the guy who did the crime, so i assume i have no kind of Police record at all?
Old 27 September 2008, 06:56 PM
ahar
Scooby Regular

They told me that my DNA, fingerprint, photos etc would be destroyed.
Do i believe them one tiny bit?

Had never been in any kind of trouble with the Police before (or since) except for speeding tickets.

I was never actually charged, and the Police have since caught, charged, and locked up the guy who did the crime, so i assume i have no kind of Police record at all?
It's actually very difficult to get your DNA expunged from the database as the law is such that the police have the right to hold your DNA if you have been arrested - not charged, not convicted. In your case, even though you were arrested by mistake they are still legally entitled to keep your details. Unless you have a specific letter stating they have removed your details, you'll still be on there.

An example article from the beardie sandal wearing Grauniad...
Police must not store DNA details of the innocent | UK news | The Guardian
Old 27 September 2008, 08:55 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

deleted

Last edited by cster; 27 September 2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 27 September 2008, 09:01 PM
Karl Wunout
BANNED

More to the point, Moley. How do you feel about being asked the same question twice in a matter of a few posts?
Old 27 September 2008, 09:21 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by apac
Absloute and complete rubbish
Old 27 September 2008, 09:23 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Once people get bored of this poll, maybe you could start a similar one about doctors or dentists. Or maybe firemen or paramedics........Be a little adventurous for once
Old 27 September 2008, 09:25 PM
Dan Gleebits
Scooby Regular

Take it you are 'job' then ?

altho' I do tend to agree.. hence my opinions on the police further up the thread
Old 27 September 2008, 09:35 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Dan Gleebits
Take it you are 'job' then ?

altho' I do tend to agree.. hence my opinions on the police further up the thread

Yes mate 22 years and never , lied, fabricated evidence, persecuted innocent motorists, held vendettas, been rude, oppressive, treated people unfairly, assaulted people, abused my authority orfitted people up. Much like the hundreds of other officers I've worked with / had work for me over the years. Quite boring really
Old 27 September 2008, 10:08 PM
Dan Gleebits
Scooby Regular

you must have ben the one that stopped me , once .. good egg

Carry on
Old 27 September 2008, 11:23 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Are you talking about the band or the cops?

Last edited by Janspeed; 27 September 2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 27 September 2008, 11:31 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s70rjw
Yes mate 22 years and never , lied, fabricated evidence, persecuted innocent motorists, held vendettas, been rude, oppressive, treated people unfairly, assaulted people, abused my authority orfitted people up. Much like the hundreds of other officers I've worked with / had work for me over the years. Quite boring really
Sounds to me like you aren't doing your job properly then!
As a tax payer......
Old 27 September 2008, 11:34 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Absloute and complete rubbish
Perhaps you can enlighten us further on this point.
Are you saying they will not keep any of this information on Moley, or mearly that he won't have a "criminal record"?
Just curious - don't really have an opinion on the police one way or the other.
Old 27 September 2008, 11:46 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

No criminal record.
Old 28 September 2008, 12:03 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Just all of the accoutrements: which is the point.
Old 28 September 2008, 08:20 AM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Once people get bored of this poll, maybe you could start a similar one about doctors or dentists. Or maybe firemen or paramedics........Be a little adventurous for once

OK, I give up - who infracted this and WTF for? Did you just infract him for attempting to defend the police? Perhaps he (like many members here) are getting just a little tired of anti-police threads?

An idea: let's have an anti-police forum, where all the people who have had run-ins with the police (and have you ever noticed how the same people always seem to have this problem? Must be the police of course), or who simply swallow the stories from their mates, can spout their vitriol to their heart's content. Those of us who never believe one side of the story without hearing the other side, can then ignore them more easily. It's not like either side is going to convince the other, after all.

M
Old 28 September 2008, 08:42 AM
Scooby Senior

I've had good and bad dealings with the Police. I can say that I've come across some ar5eholes and more 'nice' coppers. TBH I have been stopped 4 times in Liverpool and each one has been not the best experience.

Firstly, I was stopped about my reg plate, apparently it was illegal (it wasn't of course) it is a 4 character numberplate that I had cut down whilst still retaining the legal border, obviously characters and spacing were legal to start with. He said that the plate itself was of an illegal size. He was an **** with me from the off, I was an **** back after a few answers. I apologised as I was going and he commented on how good my wheels looked (they stuck out of my arches about 4 inch ) he said he'd report me if my plate was illegal, I never heard a thing again, luckily for me, this traf pol didn't have a clue

Second was about the plate again, he was a little better, but not much.

Third I had an insured car taken off me for no insurance (I have a trade policy and don't carry it with me) I had submitted the data to the ins co and they had sent it but it hadn't loaded, they wouldn't do a check on any other vehicle to prove I have insurance. I was then stranded 20 miles from home with a tenner. These guys were complete to55ers.

Fourthly, I was stopped again after I got the car back (that was a struggle as I didn't take any books with me). Luckily, I had all my docs on me after the last time, they started to be to55ers, I soon pi55ed on their chips when I showed my docs

Rant over.

P.S. I'd be here forever with all the good occurrences

Quick Reply: Your opinion of the Police.