Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

You've got to love these SCAMMERS

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2008, 08:40 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You've got to love these SCAMMERS

Received this e-mail in response to sale add on autotrader.

I'm sure her family and expected triplets are going to be really comfy in the back of an Audi TT (I'm selling the Mrs' car before anyone starts with the hairdresser gags ) PMSL

Good Morning,
Thanks for your quick response and am also excited to hear from you the vehicle is still available for sale and thanks for the information you just gave about the vehicle and am quite delighted to hear from you the vehicle is still in great conditions,the reason why i phurchase this vehicle is because our family are expanding'cos we are expecting our triplet babies in a few weeks time.
I want you to send me your wishes in advance before the imminent arrival of the babies.
My self and my husband only need one additional vehicle.

Please i want you to email me more pictures if is still available both the exterior and interior.
Due to my conditions i would not be able to view the vehicle at present i'm heavily pregnant,and the distance as well.
My personal circumstances do not allow me to travel because the doctor told me that i should Not stress myself any more like wise my husband is away on a business trip in Texas.
According to the Features of the vehicle and the Full Description of the vehicle i read on the advert pages i'm fully satisfied with everything.

I will make an offer of £7,700 inclusive the advert fees just because i know the worth of the vehicle and more so what you' ve stated about the vehicle details in the advert page and the maintenance of the vehicle you've spent soo far since you bought the vehicle.
Presently we are located at Guernsey in Channel Islands.

I will take care of the shipment I had already consult a private shipping company who's going to handle it professionally for me both the shipping cost and other necessary activities concerning the shipment of the vehicle.

Though the shipping company still have some furniture to ship for me in Western Isles i have made it clear to him that your location will be his first arrival before moving down to any other destination.
Cleared funds would have to be obtained prior to the sale.
My preffered method of payment is by bankers draft or Cheque in a (GBP) that's the only option and safest way for me to transfer CASH which am going to instruct my business associate to post you a bankers draft via post office.

The bankers draft is going to clear in your bank within 3 to 5 working days days before i shall take the possession of the vehicle .
Thanks soo much and i really appreciate your efforts for taking your time to response to my inquiry,hopefully to hear back from you today in order to proceed further with the payment and shipping arrangements as soon as possible.

In my next email i shall let you know the details that is required from you to enable the bankers draft gets to you by post office.
I look forward to hear back from you today.
Cheers
Vicky
Old 26 September 2008, 09:12 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

dear oh dear...

did you forward your details?
Old 26 September 2008, 10:26 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

I was really tempted to string the muppet out for a bit - but in the end I couldn't be bothered so just said "F.O !! cash only (scammer)"

Do people really fall for these scams? Does anyone know anyone that has?
Old 26 September 2008, 12:08 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Heard through work of someone who sent an Xbox to Nigeria and has now complained to Police he has been scammed! lol
Old 26 September 2008, 12:12 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Right decision, would have been a waste of your time replying or even stringing them along, though might have been satisfying