Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Police. Set of useless tw@ts!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2008, 11:29 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Police. Set of useless tw@ts!!!!

The girlfriends stables got robbed last night over £30,000 of saddles and tack stolen. One officer turned up. No scenes of crimes despite obvious signs of forced entry and everyone left to enter the tack room thus touching and moving everything.

Then a tip off from a member of the public having seen them empty a van load of horse riding gear. This resulted in a raid some 7 hours after the tip off by which time all the gear has gone. The police know who's done it, know the gear was there as the house raided was in disarray and there was horse hairs everywhere. Because the gear wasn't there they've said there's nothing they can do case closed.

F*cking half job lazy *****. If its not motoring they just aren't interested.

Now I'm no S.O.C.O but I no full well that horse hairs found at the house can be matched to horses at the Yard thus proving the stolen goods were there and that this household known to the police has been responsible for it.

Fortunately there's some proper big fellas that frequent this yard (ex forces and a couple of stupidly big oil rig roughnecks) and we know the address concerned. What I can't believe is that despite a proper water tight open and shut provable case we have no alternative but to deal with the matter ourselves.

The sodding boys in blue are getting worse and worse in this country.
Pull your fingers out, get up off your fat lazy donut eating ***** and actually do what the tax payers of this country are paying for!!

What these lazy ***** should do is to try nd explain why they arent doing anything to all the kids that have had their gear nicked and cant ride at a show on sunday that's been arranged for months.

My respect for these halfwits is getting less and less for every story of complete and utter incompetance about the police I hear.

To be completely honest I hold these bunch of lazy ***** with as much contempt as the theiving pikey low lives that stole the gear!!!

Rant over!!!

Last edited by dazdavies; 23 September 2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 23 September 2008, 11:32 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has happened twice on the yard where we live. They got away with it

Thankfully the horses were not taken, but everything else was
Old 23 September 2008, 11:33 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

I did not really bother reading the content, but one thing I would like to point out! . . .All coppers are w@nkers!

Cheers
Old 23 September 2008, 11:35 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by WRX300MAN
I did not really bother reading the content, but one thing I would like to point out! . . .All coppers are w@nkers!

Cheers
Tell it like it is
Old 23 September 2008, 11:40 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

absolutely agree 100% with all the above comments
Old 24 September 2008, 07:08 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Sad but true!

The only chance they have of being caught is if they were speeding.
Old 24 September 2008, 07:13 AM
RyanSTI
Scooby Regular

yer your only hope is when they parked up outside your stables they did so on a double yellow, you'll get em for that!

Trending Topics

Old 24 September 2008, 07:19 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sadly I agree with you mate.
Sorry to hear about all the kids who won't be able to ride - what a bunch of thieving *******s some people are.

As for the police, they're just appearing less and less interested in anything other than motor related offences and PC violations nowadays if it means it won't make money for the force. This government have f**ked things up so bad I'm not sure we'll ever get the whole law and order thing sorted now...
Old 24 September 2008, 07:47 AM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dazdavies
TNo scenes of crimes despite obvious signs of forced entry and everyone left to enter the tack room thus touching and moving everything.
I no understand: are you saying that people moved in and out before the police showed up? Or are you saying that having shown up, the policeman did not secure the scene? Because they usually don't for a burglary (AFAIK) unless they know a SOCO is on the way and even then all they do is tell you not to go in that area. That fancy yellow tape only appears at serious crimes - ones involving violence against people.

And odds are a SOCO wouldn't find anything anyway, so they would just be wasting taxpayers money comforting you. This sounds a lot like a group who knew what they were doing and would not have left any evidence behind. Which is what the policeman was looking for.

Now I'm no S.O.C.O but I no full well that horse hairs found at the house can be matched to horses at the Yard
Only in CSI - in real life they can't. Even if you managed to get DNA, which you almost certainly wouldn't, the police are not going to pay £10k plus (probably quite a lot plus, and very probably more than the worth of the stolen gear) for all the testing that will be required. Human DNA testing is production line and relatively cheap; animal DNA testing is custom analysis and therefore expensive - assuming you could find a company who could do the work and survive the court system.

M
Old 24 September 2008, 07:54 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

I don't think the problem is with the police, it's with the courts and the CPS.

The CPS won't take a case to court unless it's watertight. The detective who investigated our recent burglary said, " The CPS have no bollocks anymore."

Steve
Old 24 September 2008, 08:05 AM
twotonekarma
Scooby Newbie

Not being funny mate because its terrible what's happened, but you can't expect police to order a securing of a premises, DNA testing and pursuit of thieves in a case which basically is regarded as burglary?

Please try and understand that on the face of it they've raided a place and found no stolen goods... what are they supposed to do? "Alright chief, the palce we thought the goods were was empty... but we've got a new place I think, any chance of another warrant?"

You will see it as an open-and-shut case because of your personal involvement, the police will see it as a percentage - which is unfortunate, but until we have enough police coverage to investigate every crime fully, and enough funding to do it to the best possible standard, soemtimes crime will in fact pay.
Old 24 September 2008, 08:26 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

I was gobsmacked last week, 2 containers were broken into at work. Nothing taken and no damage other than to the padlocks. A blunket bobby turned up at 10 ish (we start at 7) and asked a few questions. The area wasn't secured and various things were moved during the course of the day as we went about our work. At 3 o clock Scenes of crime turn up and start taking prints off the padlocks! I mean WTF? I think they need to get their priorities sorted out. If they'd taken 30 grands worth of horse tackle I could understand!
Old 24 September 2008, 08:29 AM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Surely Daz has the right to expect at least a fingerprint unit to turn up?

Feels to me it's time to consider burglary as a new career. No risk of getting caught!
Old 24 September 2008, 08:29 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Its not so much the police but the beaurecracy and red tape that the average copper has to deal with and to be honest its a feckin' nonsense.

Someone i know is a very senior traffic policeman and has been in the force all his life, He told me once all he ever wanted to be was a decent copper doing old fashioned policing, unfortunately in todays era due to the bollox that comes from above prevents him doing his job to the best of his ability

He told me he cant wait until he retires as he is that dissalusioned with the job - sad really

Truth is like any organization of this size there are some lazy f**ks but i believe they're are some decent coppers out there who just want to do a good job and catch the bad guys, thing is they are prevented from doing this.
Old 24 September 2008, 08:42 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

makes me laugh when the police had plenty of time to visit various garages, ask mechanics and generally poke about for 2 weeks when my mate crashed his evo and they were trying to "do him"for dangerous driving and racing

my mate called into his local dealership and one of the salemen told him the police had been in a few times asking about him and if he drove fast

if its not cars, they do not care, i am STILL waiting for some kind of response to the shocking treatment i had with them useless ***** harrasing me for people that do not live at my address.

came home from work yesterday to see the entrance to our estate, illegally blocked by a T5 , "hiding" in the junction to try and catch cars taking a shortcut down the bus route, i had to beep my horn at the clown to have him move so i could get my car into our small estate

he sat in the same spot again for another 50 mins after i came home, probably been in the same spot for hours looking for an easy booking
Old 24 September 2008, 08:54 AM
scunnered
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My brother in law is a chief inspector, he reckons the police are now run more as a business than a crime fighting organisation. They target the easy crimes where money can be made from fines etc. Its not the way he wants to do it, but his hands are tied when it comes to "modern" policing.
Old 24 September 2008, 09:05 AM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
I no understand: are you saying that people moved in and out before the police showed up? Or are you saying that having shown up, the policeman did not secure the scene? Because they usually don't for a burglary (AFAIK) unless they know a SOCO is on the way and even then all they do is tell you not to go in that area. That fancy yellow tape only appears at serious crimes - ones involving violence against people.

And odds are a SOCO wouldn't find anything anyway, so they would just be wasting taxpayers money comforting you. This sounds a lot like a group who knew what they were doing and would not have left any evidence behind. Which is what the policeman was looking for.

Only in CSI - in real life they can't. Even if you managed to get DNA, which you almost certainly wouldn't, the police are not going to pay £10k plus (probably quite a lot plus, and very probably more than the worth of the stolen gear) for all the testing that will be required. Human DNA testing is production line and relatively cheap; animal DNA testing is custom analysis and therefore expensive - assuming you could find a company who could do the work and survive the court system.

M
I'm sorry but it seems as though you condone the lack of effort the police put into finding evidence of the criminals identity . This wasn't a couple of kids stealing a video player, this was the theft of £30,000 worth of riding equipment. The thieves won't be going to the local pub asking Mr Paddy Mcdrunk if they "Wanna buy a saddle, ay? Only one careful ****." This was a robbery by someone with the connections to get rid of £30,000 of riding gear.
The Police are duty bound to make even a small attempt at finding the ***** that commited this crime. The Police have become a force of lazy good for nothings that complain when "paperwork" stops them fighting crime yet do so little at the scene of a crime that any paperwork would be minimal.
"Coppers - Know your place!"
Old 24 September 2008, 09:29 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Yep.... the police can be seriously crap.......

Some police officers would rather sit on their *****, wanking all over the speeding tickets they are going to give and eating donoughts rather than do a decent days job.
Old 24 September 2008, 09:37 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
wanking all over the speeding tickets
Is that how that how they get those "POLICE AWARE" tickets to weld themselves on to cars?
Old 24 September 2008, 11:08 AM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

Burglary looks like a good career move...
steal 30k worth (i assume 30k is the "new" value, so realistically they could sell it on for what 10 - 15k?) of equipment and its hardly investigated, yet if I stole a grand from a post office, Im sure there would be more of a response.

Last edited by David_Dickson; 24 September 2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 24 September 2008, 11:13 AM
New_scooby_04

Sorry to hear about this Daz.

Still, nothing like a bit of natural justice, eh!

Ns04
Old 24 September 2008, 11:33 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

As I understand it, it is not so much the coppers at the sharp end as the civilian managers who dictate what they have to produce in the way of targets and the senior types who do what they are told and won't allow the coppers to deal with anything which might be more difficult or time consuming to clear up but only with minor easy things which make the figures look good. Some serving copper has written a book about it spilling the beans. He says the CPS won't prosecute unless it is a solid certainty that they will convict.

Les
Old 24 September 2008, 12:20 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
As I understand it, it is not so much the coppers at the sharp end as the civilian managers who dictate what they have to produce in the way of targets and the senior types who do what they are told and won't allow the coppers to deal with anything which might be more difficult or time consuming to clear up but only with minor easy things which make the figures look good. Some serving copper has written a book about it spilling the beans. He says the CPS won't prosecute unless it is a solid certainty that they will convict.

Les
So in reality the Police serve no useful purpose whatsoever anymore. ???

They are more like the tax collectors of old. Maybe we need a modern day Robin Hood to relieve these Tax(motoring offence)collectors of our money and send them back to the sherrif with tails firmly between legs.
Old 24 September 2008, 12:25 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Government set the targets, unless some one was injured (or could be accused of a motoring offence) and there's a high chance of detection they wont be arsed.
Old 24 September 2008, 12:36 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by magepaster
So in reality the Police serve no useful purpose whatsoever anymore. ???

They are more like the tax collectors of old. Maybe we need a modern day Robin Hood to relieve these Tax(motoring offence)collectors of our money and send them back to the sherrif with tails firmly between legs.
The police station was closed all day and there was no discernible police presence in my local town last Friday!

Les
Old 24 September 2008, 12:41 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Have to agree with most of the above: they'll chase you from pillar to post for a £60 speeding fine, bullying, threatening, even telling lies and ignoring their own mistakes, while other crimes aren't pursued at all.

Trust the coppers about as far as you could chuck a carload, you'll not be far off

Alcazar
Old 24 September 2008, 02:31 PM
jacrobat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Sorry to hear about this Daz.

Still, nothing like a bit of natural justice, eh!

Ns04
Unfortunately you will find that the police will happily come after you if you practice any 'community-based sentencing' as you are the easier target than the criminals and how dare you do their job for them..
Old 24 September 2008, 03:40 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by jacrobat
Unfortunately you will find that the police will happily come after you if you practice any 'community-based sentencing' as you are the easier target than the criminals and how dare you do their job for them..
Of course, I would never seriously condone "vigilante justice". However, if I might play devils advocate for a moment.....

Policeman: "Do you have any reason to suspect who might have wanted to break your legs?"

Pause for thought

Scroate: "Well, anyone who worked or was related to an employee of a stables I burgled about a month ago I guess!"

Police: "Excuse me sir?"

Scroate: "whoops!"

Not gonna happen I'd suggest!
Old 24 September 2008, 04:56 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

As it is burglary they will assume you are insured, job done !

Donut time, I know SimonBB & his Mrs. Flis, and they will tell you the **** they have to put up with.... having your knee ligaments fkd by a drunk is no laughing matter, especially when the CPS say no case for assault !

DunxC
Old 24 September 2008, 07:57 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by magepaster
I'm sorry but it seems as though you condone the lack of effort the police put into finding evidence of the criminals identity .

Mostly I'm trying to ascertain what exactly you are expecting them to do? Gather non-existent fingerprints? Gather horse hairs which won't get compared? Or spend £20k or more of tax-payers money on a burglary?

M

Quick Reply: Police. Set of useless tw@ts!!!!