Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Who has the right to film who?

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2008, 05:10 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Who has the right to film who?

read the post 'uphold the law ...' and watch the videos.

how the pair of PCSOs behave is extraordinary. and as for the two constables, sorry, policepersons, well ...

The Devil's Kitchen
Old 22 August 2008, 05:20 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Beggards belief, doesnt it. The Eastern Asian CSPO identified in the video should have been sacked: I wonder what happened?
Old 22 August 2008, 05:31 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Fair play to the guys for standing their ground.
Old 22 August 2008, 05:32 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bobbies and PCSO's should have quit while they were ahead!.Mr Pollard on the other hand,needs to get a life,he seems to have too much time on his hands
Old 22 August 2008, 05:42 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Beggards belief, doesnt it. The Eastern Asian CSPO identified in the video should have been sacked: I wonder what happened?

according to policeblogspot, his nickname amongst colleagues is 'numpty' and was disciplined (whatever that means in the public sector). as to the two porcine constables in the second video, one assumes they sloped back to the station, picked their piggy-ignorant noses and lied about the incident to the duty officer. didn't look to me like they took a record of the stop at the scene ... isn't that what they're supposed to do?

this kind of thing does law enforcement no good and a VHS copy should be thrust in jacqui spliff's bovine and always-stupidly-startled face. that's if she hasn't lost more confidential records lately ... what's that, she's just lost a stack of more confidential records? oh and there's a risk of a class action lawsuit by the UK's lags against the government for breaching their own data protection laws? oh dear. you couldn't make it up, as richard littlejohn is fond of saying.

we are served by idiots. dangerous idiots. nice thought for a bank holiday.

Last edited by Holy Ghost; 22 August 2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 22 August 2008, 06:06 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Well, I'm just tired of the same old faces saying the same old things.... apart from that everything is just fine.

Far from needing to 'get a life' people like Mr Pollard are performing a vital service getting this stuff out into the public domain
Old 22 August 2008, 06:54 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

He was a bell-end, although the point that he was making was valid.

We seem to live in a society now where police officers feel that were are subservient as opposed to their being public servants.
Old 22 August 2008, 06:57 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8

We seem to live in a society now where police officers feel that were are subservient as opposed to their being public servants.

quite. make that council officials and politicians too.
Old 22 August 2008, 09:03 PM
RyanSTI
Scooby Regular

for a minute i thought i was in china or somthing. ranting like that doesnt belong on the streets of britain i didnt watch the whole film because that bloke at the start annoyed me. community police officers are nothing more than busy bodys, there not good enough to be coppers so just walk around pushing there "weight" around.
Old 22 August 2008, 09:11 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

There's a slow transition from protecting and serving the community to persecuting it. I'm not just on about police and their spin-offs either.
Old 22 August 2008, 10:11 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

one thing I noticed in the clip was the 'officer' asking - "show me your ID" - as far as I am aware there is no need (at the moment!) for citizens to carry any ID
Old 22 August 2008, 10:28 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I actually daren't show that video to one of my friends for fear of causing him a heart attack.

That or a thermonuclear explosion.... I'm not sure which would be worse.
Old 22 August 2008, 10:39 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Please tell that Asian pcso we are not in Communist China
Old 22 August 2008, 10:51 PM
rob878
Scooby Regular

What powers do these PSCO's have i saw one trying to apprehend a rather large chap on northumberland street newcastle for allegedly littering. He was promptly told to **** off out of the way, and barged out of the way. Are they the same as the traffic wombles. Just a presence with no powers?
Old 22 August 2008, 10:57 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by rob878
What powers do these PSCO's have i saw one trying to apprehend a rather large chap on northumberland street newcastle for allegedly littering. He was promptly told to **** off out of the way, and barged out of the way. Are they the same as the traffic wombles. Just a presence with no powers?
PCSOs-national, the site for Police Community Support Officers across the UK explains it all
Old 22 August 2008, 11:00 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rob878
They are a waste of space I asked a pcso to stop youths taking trolleys from asda and pushing them into the paths of oncoming vehicles ,they did **** all
Old 22 August 2008, 11:14 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

How that bloke in the first video didnt tell the PCSO to "go forth and multiply" is beyond me.

These PCSO are noting more than wanna be police men but with no more power than you or I.
Old 23 August 2008, 12:02 AM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Who the **** has employed any of these 4 morons!
Old 23 August 2008, 09:24 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by albob
one thing I noticed in the clip was the 'officer' asking - "show me your ID" - as far as I am aware there is no need (at the moment!) for citizens to carry any ID
That occurred to me as well, wtf?!
Old 23 August 2008, 10:06 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
There's a slow transition from protecting and serving the community to persecuting it. I'm not just on about police and their spin-offs either.
Agree 100 % with that !

All 4 police / pcso's shown in the clips need to be retrained / disciplined.
Far too many cases today of the police /PCSO's / council's trying to throw their weight about and causing yet more damage to them selves by the actions of a few.
Yes the police have a hard job at times but they chose the profession (hopefully) for the right reason - i.e. serve and protect - but from watching the videos it seems to be to act out their judge dredd fantasy.
Richard
Old 23 August 2008, 10:59 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by albob

i thought it was a film clip from China.

bloody pigeon english.
Old 23 August 2008, 11:14 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by billyray911
The bobbies and PCSO's should have quit while they were ahead!.Mr Pollard on the other hand,needs to get a life,he seems to have too much time on his hands
It seems that you just do not realise what is going on and was set in motion some eleven years ago. The point about Mr Pollard was that he made a lot of people aware of the sort of thing that is slowly creeping in in this country even if he did not get it quite right.

The first line in the job description of PCSO's is the most significant. They were created as a cheap visible imitation of police officers and their practical value is particularly low. Policing which is of advantage to the public seems to have largely gone by the board now. We rarely even see a real copper on the streets unless there is a political occasion of some kind and then there are hundreds crowding the streets of course.

I have in the past been accosted by young constables so full of themselves as a PC that they think they can lord it over the rest of us and order us about. It looks as though we are going to get that from the plastic ones now!

The rest of their time seems to be spent safely in their offices making up reasons to convince the managers that they have fulfilled their useless targets so that the managers can say the things that the authorites want to hear and can use as what they think are impressive statistics.

it is well past time for the big shake up in this country.

Les
Old 23 August 2008, 11:43 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Filming on both occasions was done delibrately to elicit a response. If some stranger was to stick a camera in my face I would probably object to it. this is just a case of sensationalising something that doesn't affect the majority of the populus. The behaviour of the CSPOs and the PCs is inappropriate but let's face it there are far more pressing issues facing the general public. To use the two clips as generalisation of the Police Force is unfair and untrue, but hey it keeps the ones 'filming' in the limelight.
Old 23 August 2008, 12:09 PM
gaz-cole
Scooby Regular

its a similar case to this bloke pointing out to mr police man that he is reversing up a one way street Man arrested and locked up for five hours after taking photo of police van ignoring 'no entry' sign | Mail Online
Old 23 August 2008, 02:31 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

The PCSO was a typical example of how a lot of PCSOs behave IME. Aggressive and very poor communication skills.

The PC in the second clip should have apologised its as simple as that. Everyone can make a mistake from time to time (even more easy to do if your being told to watch for people filming etc by your superiors but not told about the actual law at the same time) and if you do you say sorry, especially if you are being filmed!!
Old 23 August 2008, 04:56 PM
malc_gsi
Scooby Regular

I live not so far away from Oxford Street and I regularly see that scummy PCSO trudging up and down looking for victims to jump on, looks a right hitler!
Old 23 August 2008, 11:31 PM
Removed.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Filming on both occasions was done delibrately to elicit a response. If some stranger was to stick a camera in my face I would probably object to it. this is just a case of sensationalising something that doesn't affect the majority of the populus. The behaviour of the CSPOs and the PCs is inappropriate but let's face it there are far more pressing issues facing the general public. To use the two clips as generalisation of the Police Force is unfair and untrue, but hey it keeps the ones 'filming' in the limelight.
In the first film the PCSO isn't even in shot for the first few seconds. Whilst on a recent holiday trip to London I was twice asked why I had a camera with me, once whilst exiting the tube station next to that top secret area of London called Leicester Square, and the second whilst about 300 yards from that carefully camouflaged MOD radar sight code named "The London Eye". On both occasions it was a PCSO that deemed it inappropriate for me to be carrying a switched off, lens cap in place camera in a public area, who queried what I was doing, demanded my ID, generally made me look like a terrorist suspect. When I pointed out that my camera was switched off, the one a Leicester Square seemed to think that was good enough and bumbled off, but the **** at the London Eye wouldn't listen, until a real copper came over and corrected his knowledge of the law, and apologised on his behalf. The couple of hundred other tourists with cameras probably should of been a clue. I guess that as I don't look like a tourist, being 40+, male and white probably raised his suspicions. I have to say that I felt uncomfortable carrying a camera in public around London, even near obvious tourist attractions.
Old 23 August 2008, 11:59 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunky
In the first film the PCSO isn't even in shot for the first few seconds. Whilst on a recent holiday trip to London I was twice asked why I had a camera with me, once whilst exiting the tube station next to that top secret area of London called Leicester Square, and the second whilst about 300 yards from that carefully camouflaged MOD radar sight code named "The London Eye". On both occasions it was a PCSO that deemed it inappropriate for me to be carrying a switched off, lens cap in place camera in a public area, who queried what I was doing, demanded my ID, generally made me look like a terrorist suspect. When I pointed out that my camera was switched off, the one a Leicester Square seemed to think that was good enough and bumbled off, but the **** at the London Eye wouldn't listen, until a real copper came over and corrected his knowledge of the law, and apologised on his behalf. The couple of hundred other tourists with cameras probably should of been a clue. I guess that as I don't look like a tourist, being 40+, male and white probably raised his suspicions. I have to say that I felt uncomfortable carrying a camera in public around London, even near obvious tourist attractions.
Some people, even with the self proclaimed brain of 'einstein' still don't seem to get it yet. I quess they will have to wait untill the gooks come for them before they understand....
Old 24 August 2008, 12:02 AM
Removed.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Some people, even with the self proclaimed brain of 'einstein' still don't seem to get it yet. I quess they will have to wait untill the gooks come for them before they understand....
Communist North Vietnamese??? Am I missing something obvious.
Old 24 August 2008, 12:05 PM
Luther
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
... I have no sympathy or affection for the PCSOs and unfortunately, in my line of work, we do often have to interact with these less-effective members of the police family... The PCSO was rude, arrogant, and should've been sacked.... however in this day and age of PC.... the MET police would have a hard time of sacking him without an expensive appeal kicking in....

As for the 'real' coppers, I can totally understand why they came over.... nobody likes being filmed in a voyeuristic fashion... The cameraman immediately put up a front and the female PC was just a little too cocky... in the end... both coppers ended up looking stupid and left with what little dignity they could muster.... I don't agree with their actions but I do understand them. Lesson learnt hoppefully...

Quick Reply: Who has the right to film who?