Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What are your plans this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2008, 08:53 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are your plans this weekend?

Who has the most exicitng one lined up? Not me, that's for certain. I have a mate who has recently got back from Thailand after being out there for a year, and after making sure he hasn't picked up any lady boy tendencies/diseases, we are going to go out and get very very drunk. And then have a subway.

Saturday, is a bit of housework, the last bit of white dissapeared from the toilet bowl last night, and the sheets are starting to make a crackling sound when you roll on them, so I'll play it safe and change them.
Saturday afternoon, I may buy a new pair of trainers, and then watch Jeff Stelling on Gillette soccer special.

Perhaps out for a few Jars in Worthing on Saturday night. Maybe even make some girls night and treat her to a voucher for a guaranteed **** back at the flat.

Sunday I shall wash the car, and go to Waitrose, and but stuff for sunday dinner, with probably, two, yes two different types of potato.

By Sunday night, I'll probably smell a bit, so I'll have a bath and then watch some telly.

What about you?

Last edited by PeteBrant; 15 August 2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 15 August 2008, 08:57 AM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

Blitz the house tomorrow morning, we have had aplumber move in with us or it feels like it, then we have a posh party with work in a 400 year old hall,
with prizes and gifts to be won, sunday chiil and watch united.
Old 15 August 2008, 09:04 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Out for a hen do tonight - not a L plates and stripper type affair, but a nice meal and a few drinks. We are all getting on a bit you know! I am looking forward to that as haven't been out for ages.

Tomorrow I will get up eventually, probably with a sore head and try Pete's remedy of eating undiluted Lemsip. I'll let you know how that goes. Then we have to go shopping and stuff before going out on yet another bike ride to clear my head and work off some alcohol induced calories. (Thinking 25 miles should do that!) Dave's off to the stag do in the evening, so hope there's no strippers there!

Sunday it's up fairly early to take pics at Dave's motocross meeting, sell some from a couple of weeks ago and catch up with people who I've met through him racing every weekend.

So not much really.
Old 15 August 2008, 09:11 AM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

Today, I'll shortly be going outside to wash the mrs's car and then put the buffer over it to bring it back to life. The dogs will be going out about half past 12 for a short walk. After that, hopefully will be popping to the driving range to knock a few golf ***** around and have a beer after.

This evening will be the weekly pub visit with the lads and a few more beers.

Tomorrow will be a relaxing day to start, listening to the footy at three on the radio. Off out to some party in the evening so more beer drinking will commence
Old 15 August 2008, 09:19 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Well today is officially the last day of work for me and as it is Friday, I shall work from home
As it the best day for it, I shall go and cut the grass, do some strimming and tidy up the garden. If I have time I might tidy up the garage and maybe squeeze in some work between all that .

Saturday is going to be rubbish weather wise and raining all day so it is a day for being indoors and sorting out stuff for the holiday, might even pack even though blokes dont do that .
A nice bit of dinner i think, maybe Nando's.

Sunday is running around as our youngest has parties to attend, last minute shopping....in amongst all that I need to wash the car at some point
Old 15 August 2008, 09:23 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boring weekend ahead here, as usual. Few drinks will be in there, shopping on Sunday. The downer is, it looks like I'll probably be back at w**k tomorrow, I shall know for sure after my trip to the doctors today.
Old 15 August 2008, 09:34 AM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Got a stag do on Saturday night - doing the Derby mile (which is going to be a bit scary)
Before that I've got to see what the hell is causing some REALLY bad noises from the front off-side of the Golf, so I'll be under the car at some point.
Sunday will be fitting some mudguards to the push-bike, cleaning and prepping it for the weeks commute and then some cleaning up in the house and garden.

Gawd.... middled aged Sunday ahoy!
Old 15 August 2008, 09:49 AM
CupraDave
Scooby Regular

The Mrs is out tonight with the girls at some Take That tribute act thing so am home alone, just me and the PS3

My mate Paul and his Mrs arrive tomorrow morning as tomorrow is s'posed to be the first practice session for the Manx Grand Prix but the weather looks like it is gonna be crappy all day so will wait see if it goes ahead tomorrow evening. He will be frustrated if he does not get a "wobble round" as he puts it but at least then he will have an extra couple of days to check over the bike.

The Mrs and I are off to a friends wedding tomorrow afternoon, gonna be so gutted for them both if it is chucking it down all day as forecast

Sunday, hmmm, weather dependant I want to get some work done on the Scoob, with having been away for near enough the last 4 weeks the poor thing must be feeling neglected

In between all that I will be fussing over my cat Bailey who was hit by a car last friday and got home yesterday. She did not leave my side yesterday after I got her home and just wanted cuddles all the time.
Old 15 August 2008, 10:07 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Taking me ma' out for dinner it was he 88th Birthday this week )

Taking ma' home to Croydon early doors saturday morning, leaving 5.30pm to miss the traffic (Took me 8 hours to get there and back last Sunday!).

Session Saturday night

Recovery and day out with the kids Sunday.
Old 15 August 2008, 10:08 AM
weso
Scooby Regular

Now about to leave to go to V Festival
3 days in a tent drinking beer (and probably getting wet).
All topped off by Muse headlining on Sunday Night.
Wes
Old 15 August 2008, 10:19 AM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

A chilled night with a pizza tonight, then a all day training session tomorrow as a last minuite practice for the open comp next weekend. Then sunday is house work and washing day and getting the camping gear ready for said open.
Old 15 August 2008, 10:21 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon C
A chilled night with a pizza tonight, then a all day training session tomorrow as a last minuite practice for the open comp next weekend. Then sunday is house work and washing day and getting the camping gear ready for said open.
Why not have half a pizza and then half a days training tomorrow?
Old 15 August 2008, 10:22 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Saturday:-

Drive down to Rockingham Speedway, and spend a few enjoyable hours thrashing an Audi R8 around. Drive home and watch Match of the day with a well deserved few Beers.

Sunday:

Morning - Clay Pigeon shooting
Afternoon - Not a clue
Old 15 August 2008, 10:25 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Why not have half a pizza and then half a days training tomorrow?
No pizza and a lie-in
Old 15 August 2008, 10:28 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

. And then have a subway.
I'm sure you are on comission from the subway lot

In theory..two days of smacking a cricket ball around.

In reality...its going to pee down so sampling of interesting/odd sounding beers sounds good instead.

Oh,and its a blue moon tonight so taking the wife for a nice steak
Old 15 August 2008, 10:31 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Saturday:-

Drive down to Rockingham Speedway, and spend a few enjoyable hours thrashing an Audi R8 around. Drive home and watch Match of the day with a well deserved few Beers.

Sunday:

Morning - Clay Pigeon shooting
Afternoon - Not a clue
Can we swap - how are you with old people?
Old 15 August 2008, 10:37 AM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

For the next three days I shall be chilling out on the patio enjoying the sights and sounds of the Eastbourne International Air Show . Three days worth of the Red Arrows They have a new routine this year, so I'm hoping it still includes heading for the front of my house as they exit one of their rather steep dives
Old 15 August 2008, 10:39 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

This weekend i shall be mainly trying to get a sail in on the board after alternatley too little and too much 'breeze' this past week

- otherwise ill be drowning my sorrows over a few shandies doubtless
Old 15 August 2008, 10:40 AM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

My son is will be picked up at 1.30. So thats when my weekend starts.

A party in Airdrie tonight, which a) is a fecking trek from Edinburgh and b) I can be doing without as I'll probably sit in the corner nursing my drink like a wendy all night - to make it fun the new bit fluff wants me to meet ALL of his family and friends at it. Just what I need.

Before I go to that I'm catching up over a beer or two with a friend who moved to London last year. He is home visiting so it's only fair he buys me a beer, seeing as he ****ed off and seems to have forgotten about us all.

Saturday and Sunday shall mostly be spent doing sweet FA. I intend on drinking heavily, though.

Son home at 10am Monday morning. Brilliant.
Old 15 August 2008, 10:46 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

a good thread for burglars to monitor this one
Old 15 August 2008, 10:54 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Worcester Beer Festival tonight, provided I can get in, tried to get an advance ticket a few evenings back but the pub we went in that was selling them had ran out Sure it will be fine

Saturday: Bit of a lay in to recover from the above. Got some friends coming over for the day with their 6 month old sprog, hmmmm. Probably go for a stroll followed by lunch hopefully BBQ but the weather isn't looking great. Few more drinkies They're going early evening so will probably settle in with a DVD.

Sunday: Sort out the missus greenhouse. Finished building it last weekend, just need to level out the inside, lay a few slabs, etc. Maybe go for a walk or out on the mountain bike in the afternoon.

That's about it really.
Old 15 August 2008, 10:55 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ChefDude
a good thread for burglars to monitor this one
Obviously all of us who are going out will be leaving one of the following at home

a) large slobbering dog who has not been fed for 2 weeks
b) mcauley culkin
or
c) yer 88 year old mum who likes nothing more than a bit of company
Old 15 August 2008, 10:56 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

This weekend I shall mostly be 'avin a w*nk Might get pissed too
Old 15 August 2008, 11:11 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Acting like a slob, sitting in front of the TV watching the Olympics, Moto GP & Touring Cars
Old 15 August 2008, 11:20 AM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

Sitting in a limo with six slightly sloshed but nicely dressed women - we are going to Ladies Day at the races.
Old 15 August 2008, 11:38 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Can't go out today because the roofers are finishing off the job. Had a great time last night at the theatre in Torquay watching the Ray McVay Glenn Miller tribute band, really outstanding performance and they have got all the original Glenn Millers scores so if you shut your eyes, it could be the original band. Great harmony singing too.

May go for a drive on Dartmoor tomorrow-bet it rains though!

Les
Old 15 August 2008, 12:09 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Can't go out today because the roofers are finishing off the job. Had a great time last night at the theatre in Torquay watching the Ray McVay Glenn Miller tribute band, really outstanding performance and they have got all the original Glenn Millers scores so if you shut your eyes, it could be the original band. Great harmony singing too.

May go for a drive on Dartmoor tomorrow-bet it rains though!

Les
Les, do you still wear your RAF uniform in public? Cos that's the picture of you I always conjure up in my head! Plus the handlebar mustache of course.....
Old 15 August 2008, 12:34 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
Les, do you still wear your RAF uniform in public? Cos that's the picture of you I always conjure up in my head! Plus the handlebar mustache of course.....
THis is what I see when I think of Les:

Old 15 August 2008, 12:39 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

THis is what I see when I think of Les:

mee too, hense why i once asked about a big handlebar moustache

this weekend... hmm well it all started for me on the 17th april, so i dont generally care for what day it currently is. that apart i know its friday as i dont have to get up tomorrow at 6 to take my beautiful fiancee to work

probably watch the eviction on big brother tonight. tomorrow, maybe wash the car if weather permits and snnoy the nieghbours with my 'mixing of records'.

sunday, whoa, ive got to go to bed sometime.
Old 15 August 2008, 12:41 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
Haha, you and PB made me smile. I did go to the Goodwood Revival in my uniform as a way of wearing traditional clothing but found I had to keep saluting all these blokes in fancy dress RAF uniforms of a greater rank than me!

You will have to keep using your imagination though. If I ever learn how to use photobucket, I might post a photo one day

Les

Quick Reply: What are your plans this weekend?