Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

BT Phone Line Thieves

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2008, 08:32 PM
spireite
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BT Phone Line Thieves

Ok been with Sky for the last year or so ,sky tv,broadband and phone calls .Just rung up to upgrade to Sky + where we were told are phone calls package( which were free throughout the day ) had been cancelled ,somone else had taken over the line rental and calls without our knoledge .Because BT own the line only they can tell us who as taken over ,the missus as now been on the phone for two and a half hours and BT are not willing to tell us who as fruadulantly taken over .Next stop OFTEL . THe only good thing is we haven't recieved a bill yet ,but according to Sky the thieving scum at BT wait six months and send you a back dated one .Anyone else been in this position .
Old 05 August 2008, 09:12 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

is your broadband still working? If you do a speedtest it will tell you who you are with, it is a start

Do a speedtest on

thinkbroadband :: Broadband Speed Test
Old 05 August 2008, 09:28 PM
spireite
BANNED

The broadbands still with sky ,but the free phone calls during the day are with **** knows as BT wont tell us . OFTEL is shut and im fuming About to get back in touch with sky and cancel everything ,don't know who to get in touch with to cancel phone calls (they'll be whistling for their money when they eventually send the bill ) .

Are virgin any good
Old 05 August 2008, 09:39 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

BT will cut you off Sky Talk without telling you, should you have failed to pay your line rental at any point.
Old 05 August 2008, 09:47 PM
spireite
BANNED

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
BT will cut you off Sky Talk without telling you, should you have failed to pay your line rental at any point.

line rentals with sky
Old 05 August 2008, 09:54 PM
spireite
BANNED

Originally Posted by spireite
line rentals with sky

they have only thieved the calls , apparently sky still bill us for line rental (changes thread title , the thing is we were getting free calls with sky ,we've been on the phone for 4 hours now trying to sort out whats happened at a cost of WHO KNOWS
Old 05 August 2008, 10:42 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

I had this exact same thing. I Cancelled a Talk Talk account and went with BT, then a year later Talk Talk upgrade the exchange in my area and i get a letter from BT saying sorry to see you go. BT wouldnt tell me who had taken my account over, so I got onto Ofcom who were slightly less useless. Luckily i have a friend who is in the Telco business, and I got a number for BT Infrastructure Services, and told to ask for a ident number for who had taken the line over. Got this and then let rip with Talk Talk calling them all the fraudulent, robbing gypsies under the sun.

They spoke to BT and it was all sorted in a couple of days.
Old 05 August 2008, 10:56 PM
swampster
Scooby Regular

I can't see how is this BT's fault? If you are paying Sky for line rental the line belongs to Sky, and terminates into Sky equipment at your local exchange, under the Local Loop Unbundle (LLU) scheme. Therefore it is Sky's responsibility, and also the very reason why BT can't tell you anything.. I think Sky would be pretty peeved if BT could just snoop in on its lines and tell whoever all about what's happening on them... they'd be getting screwed for abusing their dominant position in the market again.

BT can't just take your calls either... what BT can allow is for you to make calls via another provider over it's lines (if you are paying line rental to them).. but not the other way around. The only bill BT could send you is one for line rental (and calls) if the line has reverted back to their control. In which case they would be able to provide you with details.

What Sky should be doing (instead of trying to pass the buck) is dealing directly with Openreach to resolve this problem.

Sounds simply like a case of slamming to me.. if you get no joy from Sky... I'd contact these people... Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman - Latest News

A bit of background info:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=phone+slamming&hl=en&num=20&btnG=Google+S earch&meta=cr%3DcountryUK|countryGB&sourceid=Mozil la-search&start=0
Old 05 August 2008, 11:00 PM
swampster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by druddle
I had this exact same thing. I Cancelled a Talk Talk account and went with BT, then a year later Talk Talk upgrade the exchange in my area and i get a letter from BT saying sorry to see you go. BT wouldnt tell me who had taken my account over, so I got onto Ofcom who were slightly less useless. Luckily i have a friend who is in the Telco business, and I got a number for BT Infrastructure Services, and told to ask for a ident number for who had taken the line over. Got this and then let rip with Talk Talk calling them all the fraudulent, robbing gypsies under the sun.

They spoke to BT and it was all sorted in a couple of days.
Yep CPW (talk talk) got a rocket up their **** for doing this...

They were effectively moving control of the lines of customers who were on, and in some case previously been on their carrier pre-select service (i.e just calls) to themselves when they updated 'upgraded' the exchanges to be fully unbundled. Usually this was done without the customers say so or approval. BT estimated it was losing around 15,000 customers a month at one point simply due to this practice.
Old 06 August 2008, 08:12 AM
spireite
BANNED

Originally Posted by swampster
I can't see how is this BT's fault? If you are paying Sky for line rental the line belongs to Sky, and terminates into Sky equipment at your local exchange, under the Local Loop Unbundle (LLU) scheme. Therefore it is Sky's responsibility, and also the very reason why BT can't tell you anything.. I think Sky would be pretty peeved if BT could just snoop in on its lines and tell whoever all about what's happening on them... they'd be getting screwed for abusing their dominant position in the market again.

BT can't just take your calls either... what BT can allow is for you to make calls via another provider over it's lines (if you are paying line rental to them).. but not the other way around. The only bill BT could send you is one for line rental (and calls) if the line has reverted back to their control. In which case they would be able to provide you with details.

What Sky should be doing (instead of trying to pass the buck) is dealing directly with Openreach to resolve this problem.

Sounds simply like a case of slamming to me.. if you get no joy from Sky... I'd contact these people... Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman - Latest News

A bit of background info:
phone slamming - Google Search

This as now got me thinking ,we have never recieved a letter from sky saying were sorry to lose you as a customer and have never recieved a welcoming letter from whoever have taken over our calls
Old 06 August 2008, 08:16 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

actually reading this, I keep getting letters and emails from bt asking me to come back to them. Funny thing is though they bill me still for the calls and the calling features
Old 06 August 2008, 12:29 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The bonus of Virgin Media .. it all one company .. they dont share with others !
Old 06 August 2008, 12:50 PM
ChrisB

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
The bonus of Virgin Media .. it all one company .. they dont share with others !
Some might say they don't any help to get things wrong though