Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

bodybuilders/powerlifters

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2008, 06:36 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bodybuilders/powerlifters

how avaliable are "supplements" these days,anyone point someone in the right direction
Old 03 August 2008, 06:45 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Do you mean general supplements or steroids?

Supplements can be picked up at the gym or holland and Barrett etc.... steroids can be picked up from the local dodgy gym or dodgy doc
Old 03 August 2008, 06:46 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

latter
Old 03 August 2008, 06:48 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

TBH matey..... I would avoid steroids..... but i guess you have already had people tell you that
Old 03 August 2008, 07:12 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MET-Rx UK on line

Met-Rx EXTREME SIZE UP - Bodybuilding Supplements - Sports ...

Maximuscle
Old 03 August 2008, 08:04 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Have you tried any of these products?

i'm looking at MET-Rx CLA but was wondering if it's worthwile or a waste of time as i've tried similar products with no effects - just want a honest opinion

thanks
Old 03 August 2008, 09:04 PM
haroldhettaturbo
Scooby Regular

I used to use me-Rx white box all in one carb and protein.

A mulitvitamin
Glucosamine for my joints.
And glutamine powder.
Old 03 August 2008, 09:33 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Used to see "Vitamin S" changing hands at my local gym, it was alluded to in my presence but never mentioned directly, it was suggested that I may like to pursue alternative avenues to improve my gains but they clammed right up when someone twigged I worked for the Police, even though I was a civilian, I have to say I was tempted but being basically quite tight and a bit of a coward and not very committed it was never going to happen.

I would never say never do it and dismiss it out of hand, it can be done comparatively safely but you really need to do your research and be fully in possesion of all the facts and know what the pitfalls are.

I remember young lads asking me at the gym about where to get gear on their first or second visit, they would usually leave with fifty quids worth of Whey powder and stuff from the shop and never be seen again.

You have to ask yourself, what you want and why you want it, do you want it that bad that you will take the associated risks ?
Old 03 August 2008, 09:38 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

How old, and what height/size ? 90% of people who want to do this crap are not eating and training right.
Old 04 August 2008, 12:32 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where abouts are you in the country?
Old 04 August 2008, 12:32 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol at the side advert
Old 04 August 2008, 09:17 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mad555
how avaliable are "supplements" these days,anyone point someone in the right direction

Very available. And the right direction is the opposite direction, end of story.
Old 04 August 2008, 09:25 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

legally you can get pro hormones that are not yet banned in this country. These are hardcore testosterone, however because they are oral they are very very very stressful on your liver, (talking orange pee that froths when it hits the toilet basin)

Things like M1t I have used, gives good strength and I have managed to keep the strength, however it can give you headaches (I didnt suffer) and lower back pain (I did get this), can also bring about acne.

Buy ProHormone Supplements

Iam currently using the Super Halo and so far it has been quite positive, good lean gains (have gained a few lbs but this is muscle), and also the muscles feel harder. This is my second cycle of it and you do need some kind of pct when you finish. Again though it is stressful on the liver but not as much as the m1t

If there is anything else drop me a pm
Old 04 August 2008, 09:27 AM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

i could tell you a story about these supplements,

make you laff, investigate tv journolist, etc, a few years ago
Old 04 August 2008, 11:11 AM
d5hof
Scooby Regular

Is ATP creatine any good? and if you're taking that should you also take Protein shakes?
Old 04 August 2008, 11:13 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Is ATP a brand? Creatine is certainly beneficial, yes, and you'll get best results if you combine it with regular protein shakes. Personally i use Multipower Professional Zelmax, seems to do the trick.
Old 04 August 2008, 11:16 AM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mad555
latter
Ask around you local hardcore weights gym, Im sure youl find lots of people in the know. Though personally I wouldnt go down this road unless your competing proffesionaly in Body building or Strong man or Fight events.

Better with 1.5 grm Protein per lb of body weigh/Creatine/Glutamine/& lots of Water & maybe ZMA?? & dont forget to eat & eat & eat & eat all day & train & train & train!!

& if you can get hold of it Gabba/HMB, though IIRC now banned substances
Old 04 August 2008, 11:18 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by d5hof
Is ATP creatine any good? and if you're taking that should you also take Protein shakes?
depends on your aims

If you are doing any kind of weights then protein shakes are a good idea. I tend to have 2 or 3 a day inbetween meals, sometimes I will replace the shake with a tin of tuna, but I currently hate tuna!!
Old 04 August 2008, 11:20 AM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

lad i sitnext to takes it just ssems to make him moody all the time and agressive
Old 04 August 2008, 11:21 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Take Whey Protein Isolate.

Zma - I've been hearing good things about this!!!

Creatine - although i didn't really get on with this, still it does what its supposed to to a degree.

Train with intenisty - no farting about and chinwagging, eat plenty of protein dont over do it i.e. training a bodypart more than once per week and get plenty of rest and you'll get strong.
Old 04 August 2008, 11:25 AM
teamheath2
Scooby Regular

You anywhere near Lisburn mate? If so, drop by The Rock Pit on Ballinderry Ind Est, the owner there will be able to point you in the right direction !! They have a fair bit of stock too !!!

I used Nitrotech when I was training twice a day and got some pretty good results, also Methyl 1 Test is highly recommended
Old 04 August 2008, 11:42 AM
New_scooby_04

Firstly: DO NOT TOUCH STEROIDS.

Secondly, you need to provide a lot more info on your diet, training regime and body type before you can get proper advice.

Thirdly: all the supplements in the word will be no good to you unless the 3 core components of training are in place: Diet, exercise and rest.

Too many people want big results in very little time. FORGET IT. Training is a way of life; there are no quick fixes, no magic potions. You want to put on muscle mass and gain strength? Be prepared to make a commitment of years, not months!

My advice would be to get to a bodybuilding forum and ask for advice there, be prepared to give lots of info on the above factors though!

Ns04
Old 04 August 2008, 11:52 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure I understand why anyone would want to take steroids? I had a very good friend who had been a competitive body builder and pretty successful at that. After he'd stopped competing he carried on training hard and was massive, in fact he looked silly because his body was too big for his head, anyway in order to get bigger he started on and became addicted to steroids, he had mood swings and became aggressive. Eventually in order to save his relationship and get his life back he came off the steroids but suffered badly with withdrawal symptoms including pain so ended up taking cocaine and booze to numb it all.

One night, on his way home after a bit of a session with the lads he lost control of his car on a country road and hit a large tree at over 70mph. It killed him instantly. He was a very popular and well known bloke and left a lot of people devastated when he died so suddenly.

His whole downwards spiral started because he wanted to be a bit bigger. Crazy.
Old 04 August 2008, 12:13 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Also, an effective recovery period is essential!
Old 04 August 2008, 12:15 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
Also, an effective recovery period is essential!
That's the "rest" bit, mate
Old 04 August 2008, 12:26 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

You're right, SC, it is crazy once you reach steriod territory, especially if that's just for non-competitive mass building. Anorexia in reverse. The bigger you get, the smaller you feel. Don't care about spots, nobody's looking at my back or shoulders are they? Don't care about being a moody ****, i'll use that aggression in the gym. Don't care about liver failure, that won't happen to me. Don't care about heart attacks, that's just media hype. Don't care about rheumatism, thet's what old people get anyway. Hmmm.
Old 04 August 2008, 12:38 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Don't care about spots, nobody's looking at my back or shoulders are they? Don't care about being a moody ****, i'll use that aggression in the gym. Don't care about liver failure, that won't happen to me. Don't care about heart attacks, that's just media hype. Don't care about rheumatism, thet's what old people get anyway. Hmmm.
to be honest, its rare to get liver failure from injectable steroids. The pro hormone ones are far more dangerous to the liver, as alcohol probably is as well. Aggression and bad moods dont affect everyone, I know of 2 people who take various recipes of "juice" and neither of them suffer from said points. Dont know about spotty backs as I havent asked them (nor will I incase it brings out their aggression that is otherwise supressed ) Media hype doesnt report people who haven't died from heart attacks so not really a valid point, I mean my gt aunty was as fit as a fiddle, walked everywhere, was slim etc, didnt drink or do drugs, she died, from a heart attack whilst walking, no warning signs. Not saying it doesnt happen to steriod users but you only hear of the ones who have died, not the thousands that are still healthy.

If the op is going this route, then he needs to do loads of research on what he wants to use etc, and as NS04 mentioned previously bodybuilding forums are a good place to start

IronMagazine Bodybuilding Forum - discuss bodybuilding & fitness

The above link is good, many sections including steroids. Many users will ask what your diet is like though to start with and will help you with that depending on what your goals are etc
Old 04 August 2008, 12:42 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I've been training on off over the past couple of years. I've just recently been putting more dedication into it. I came off a cycle of creatine backed up with whey protein and I did put on a bit of bulk. I need to lose some fat now. I've zero desire though to go down the steroid route. I did a lot of reading about creatine prior to trying it. i took photos at the start and 8 weeks later.

Maybe the OP should post up a photo of his current build and those with experience could advise where gains could be made without resorting to steroids.
Old 04 August 2008, 01:13 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Everyone knows that lean is the new ripped
Old 04 August 2008, 01:35 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate
lad i sitnext to takes it just ssems to make him moody all the time and agressive
8 hours a day next to you, and its the Roids that make him moody and agressive......