Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The truth on our emissions is out!

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2008, 08:11 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The truth on our emissions is out!

BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | UK 'deluded' over emissions cut

Oh dear, yet another thing that Labour have been dishonest about.

It seems that our carbon emissions figures that Labour are so proud of don't include aviation, shipping and the fact that we have exported all our manufacturing to China.

Does this remind anyone else of the way they measure inflation, by not including a load of things that are becoming more expensive!
Old 01 August 2008, 08:28 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you expect anything less?
Any government lies to make themselves look good to say increase in taxes are neccesary etc.
Old 01 August 2008, 08:46 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Spin should=Prison
Old 01 August 2008, 10:30 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Its hard to find any area in which they actually tell the truth - inflation? crime figures? CO2 emissions? unemployment? national debt? expenses? eu membership? exam results? NHS performance? The list seems endless....
Old 01 August 2008, 10:59 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Quite frightening that they can get away with what is tantamount to lying so often.
Old 01 August 2008, 11:24 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Carbon dioxide isn't a pollutant, come on, how many more times do you have to be told that it's all a pack of lies anyway?
Old 01 August 2008, 02:27 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

So its alright to build a third runway at Heathrow in a bid to double the air traffic then! But it is still quite acceptable to tax us in order to reduce Carbon output to stop the global temperature rise which has not increased for over ten years, and went down last year in fact!

How can they be so hypocritical?

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 01 August 2008 at 02:32 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 01 August 2008, 02:38 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Carbon dioxide isn't a pollutant, come on, how many more times do you have to be told that it's all a pack of lies anyway?
Yes that is spot on. Probably 1% of the population sees through the bullsh*t created by the media and the government. How about giving proof that CO2 emissions are damaging the planet the way they say they are?

Governments of various countries make up this crap so that they can force taxes on everybody, making them feel guilty for the climate change, which is supposedly down to the bad people that dare to advance technology making life a hell of a lot easier.

The media use this also as its a never ending source of stories: Why would they bother reporting that its a load of bollocks, when its a garanteed constant income.

These numpties will have us back in the stoneage in no time.

Nice one labour, you've got my vote (f*cking not)
Old 01 August 2008, 02:39 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

You have no idea whether that's true or not - most scientists believe it is a significant contributor to the rapid warming going on. I'm not convinced but, equally, I'm not convinced it's a pack of lies.

What I am convinced about is that the government continues to lie to us - about everything. There should be a separate reporting entity that is allowed to vet and report truthfully all data to stop any political party spinning it.
Old 01 August 2008, 02:49 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gordo
You have no idea whether that's true or not - most scientists believe it is a significant contributor to the rapid warming going on.
When you say "most scientists"...is that most scientists that have been questioned on the news or reported in a news paper?
Old 01 August 2008, 02:54 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

It certainly makes me wonder wonder kids are being told at school in terms of GCSE Science and Geography.
Old 01 August 2008, 02:55 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Further to that, without CD thered be no life on Earth. Methane is a larger greenhouse gas now, I believe, but without CD this would have been an ice planet. Watching television, youd be forgiven for thinking that CD was taking over the atmosphere: in reality the atmosphere is 78% nitrogen and 21% oxygen, with everything else making up the remaining 1%.....
Old 01 August 2008, 03:05 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Well at least we know how the government can reconcile building new runways with reducing carbon emissions.

They just don't bother including aviation figures!
Old 01 August 2008, 03:35 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TerzoAlan
When you say "most scientists"...is that most scientists that have been questioned on the news or reported in a news paper?
You're ignoring my point - neither me nor you know the answer, so why are you so violently in denial?

Something is happening - and besides anything else, the human population is going to continue growing at a scarily fast rate until we run out of resources. i.e. if global warming doesn't cause a population collapse, something else will. popn today = 6bn. forecast to be 9bn by c2045. That's not sustainable - the only answer is population control.

Gordo
Old 01 August 2008, 03:44 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

- and besides anything else, the human population is going to continue growing at a scarily fast rate
Someone told me about this,

Apparantly caused by 'sex'
Old 01 August 2008, 04:19 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

What I don't get is that no-one is really going on about planting a whole load of trees. Surely as these absorb CO2, it is a fairly obvious solution to he problem?

I also agree with curbing population too.
Old 01 August 2008, 04:26 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

[quote]I also agree with curbing population too.

Yes we can start by preventing conspiracy theorists and Daily Mail readers from breeding Although I suspect most struggle with getting a girlfreind anyway

Last edited by Martin2005; 01 August 2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01 August 2008, 04:34 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Better to stop the Labour voters from breeding, though: eh?
Old 01 August 2008, 05:24 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

You're ignoring my point - neither me nor you know the answer, so why are you so violently in denial?

Something is happening - and besides anything else, the human population is going to continue growing at a scarily fast rate until we run out of resources. i.e. if global warming doesn't cause a population collapse, something else will. popn today = 6bn. forecast to be 9bn by c2045. That's not sustainable - the only answer is population control.

Gordo
Thats true, i'm certainly not a scientist...but the fact that so much money is being made, and that its being forced upon is all so much really gets to me. Thats what leads me to believe strongly that its not the situation they say it is.

You are entitled to your opinions the way I am...and neither can be proved right or wrong, but I really think the scaremongering has got to you too.

The climate is definetly changing but in my opinion its just a natural change: the same kind of thing has been happening for millions of years. I bet you if there was another ice age now the EU would blame us in some way, and Gordon Brown would be taxing us for it.

All IMHO

Alan
Old 02 August 2008, 01:04 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

To think, Phil the greek has repeatedly said since the 70's that overpopulation will be a huge problem.

One of his often funny comments which always guarantee to ruffle the PC do-gooder's feathers was when speaking of reincarnation, he would like to come back as a deadly virus.

Why can't this man run the country instead of our "elected " bunch of incompetents? Election results proove we don't deserve to have a democracy.
Old 02 August 2008, 01:34 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shark Man
To think, Phil the greek has repeatedly said since the 70's that overpopulation will be a huge problem.

One of his often funny comments which always guarantee to ruffle the PC do-gooder's feathers was when speaking of reincarnation, he would like to come back as a deadly virus.

Why can't this man run the country instead of our "elected " bunch of incompetents? Election results proove we don't deserve to have a democracy.
Strange comment

Surely election results prove we have a fully functioning democracy. Just because you don't like the result, doesn't mean we don't deserve to have one.
Old 02 August 2008, 01:48 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Strange comment

Surely election results prove we have a fully functioning democracy. Just because you don't like the result, doesn't mean we don't deserve to have one.
That's my point, I don't think it does function. Just look at the turn out, barely 60%. Create an abstain box and make it mandatory, then just maybe we'd see votes inline with opinion.

Plus I think part of that 60% doesn't really know whats good for them, some of which is due to the sheep effect and habit.
Old 02 August 2008, 09:50 AM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Nothing short of curtailing the use of fossil fuels will stabilise the level of CO2.

In essence, the CO2 locked up in oil/coal/gas etc millions of years ago is now being released back into the atmosphere. Planting trees is a temporary measure - sure, a tree 'captures' CO2 - but it's released again when it dies.

All of the cobblers about 'zero carbon' this and 'carbon offset' make me laugh - all hocus pocus.

But again, CO2 isn't the issue IMO - humans are (i.e. population growth).

It's time we stopped the arrogant assumption that everyone has the 'right' to breed. Plenty of thickos and ugly people out there that can't actually support children and so shouldn't be allowed to have them in the first place. Would get rid of lots of pointless charity beggars at the same time

Gordo
Old 02 August 2008, 11:08 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

You have no idea whether that's true or not - most scientists believe it is a significant contributor to the rapid warming going on. I'm not convinced but, equally, I'm not convinced it's a pack of lies.

What I am convinced about is that the government continues to lie to us - about everything. There should be a separate reporting entity that is allowed to vet and report truthfully all data to stop any political party spinning it.
What rapid warming are you talking about? The Global temperature has not increased for the last ten years and it went down by a large amount last year. The authorities have now stopped referring to GBW now and just talk about climate change! That gives the lie to the whole business!

The climate has changed alright, from the mid '70's we got warmer winters and hot dry summers. It seems to me now that it is reverting to normal English summer weather as we used to know it,ie some sunny days with some rainy days with a few hot days occasionally.

We will of course have to continue paying "carbon" taxes just to keep them in free lunches, obscene expenses and gold plated pensions!

Les
Old 02 August 2008, 11:14 AM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Nothing short of curtailing the use of fossil fuels will stabilise the level of CO2.

In essence, the CO2 locked up in oil/coal/gas etc millions of years ago is now being released back into the atmosphere. Planting trees is a temporary measure - sure, a tree 'captures' CO2 - but it's released again when it dies.

All of the cobblers about 'zero carbon' this and 'carbon offset' make me laugh - all hocus pocus.

But again, CO2 isn't the issue IMO - humans are (i.e. population growth).

It's time we stopped the arrogant assumption that everyone has the 'right' to breed. Plenty of thickos and ugly people out there that can't actually support children and so shouldn't be allowed to have them in the first place. Would get rid of lots of pointless charity beggars at the same time

Gordo
There's not much that irritates me more than drivel
Old 02 August 2008, 12:23 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

You mean politicians tell lies? I'm shocked. LOL!

They are all pigs at the trough - no matter what party they purport to represent.
Old 02 August 2008, 01:40 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

You've got your heads in the sand chaps - you telling me that mankind's rapid growth and the ****e we kick into the atmosphere are having no impact on the climate? Mmmm, best ignore it then. There's nothing to worry about. No sudden shifts in the temperatures at the poles, no melting of ice that hasn't moved for 3,000 years. All's well, move along, nothing to see here
Old 02 August 2008, 01:48 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

You've got your heads in the sand chaps - you telling me that mankind's rapid growth and the ****e we kick into the atmosphere are having no impact on the climate? Mmmm, best ignore it then. There's nothing to worry about. No sudden shifts in the temperatures at the poles, no melting of ice that hasn't moved for 3,000 years. All's well, move along, nothing to see here
Yes, we may have our heads in the sand and that's because, yes you're correct, 'move along as there's nothing to see'.
I'll look up and take notice when, and if, there is anything that's worth the effort.

You Sir are a taxation grabbing governments wet dream.

Last edited by coolangatta; 02 August 2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03 August 2008, 10:05 AM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by coolangatta

You Sir are a taxation grabbing governments wet dream.
and you're a needlessly offensive ****. read my posts again, thicko, I haven't advocated the government's stance on tax nor have I said that CO2 is an issue.

The only difference between us is that I have an open and enquiring mind; yours is closed as you've decided the answer already. You'd be good in New Labia's current government!

Gordo

Last edited by Gordo; 03 August 2008 at 11:36 AM.

Quick Reply: The truth on our emissions is out!